Hay Fever

Brock Manson

Never had it before, so not sure if I've got it now. I've been sneezing a lot and feel a bit bunged up and sinus-y. No headaches or owt, so it might just be a summer cold, but I only seem really stricken when I'm out in the open air.

If your eyes itch and puff up and the roof of your mouth tingles then it's hayfever.

Or if you're like me and you feel like Mike Tyson has planted you on the snot box (but you're leaking snot rather than blood). I also get what feels like an itch in the very centre of my head. Murder.

The Flixonase seems to be having an effect though.

Said it on the other thread, but if you are patient and follow the instructions, you need never have hayfever again if you use Beconase. Don't even think about using antihistamines as they are nowhere near as good.

2149839_l.jpg

More than 6 quid this ineffective pile of wank cost me. Apologise...

Said it on the other thread, but if you are patient and follow the instructions, you need never have hayfever again if you use Beconase. Don't even think about using antihistamines as they are nowhere near as good.

2149839_l.jpg

More than 6 quid this ineffective pile of wank cost me. Apologise...

It takes time to work. If you used this as directed for 2 weeks and it didn't work see your doctor - you don't have hay fever. And since I posted this two days ago, you either haven't done this or I didn't give you the advice to use it. So please apologise. ;)

I've just been out in the garden cutting the grass - pollen levels are high and this time last year I would have been in misery. As it is I still developed asthma but I have Ventolin for that.

Aye, steroids dont work straightaway, you need about 4 days of use to sort out the hayfever.

I would go for Flixonase not Beconase anyway, fluticasone was designed to be more effective than beclamethasone. Not that i used to sell them or anything, Rents advice is probably more objective.

Day 2 of Flixonase and either the pollen count is down or it's working.

After a week of using this stuff my hayfever has pretty much vanished. Well worth £6.99.

no itchy eyes etc?

that's the only symptom i get drives me nuts at times, especially when playing footy

Itchy eyes occur occasionally but nowhere near as bad as before taking the spray. I no longer have to fill the sink with cold water and dunk my head in it to get some relief.

Ended up just drinking Orange juice and having chillis ni most things, seems to have sorted it out. :D Medicine is for poofs- facts!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Apologies to Renton, that stuff does work :jesuswept: Haven't had the slightest sniffle of hay fever for a few weeks. Recommended!

Whats the main ingredient?

I use the chemists own brand and that is Beclometasone Dipropionate 50mg per spray. I do 2 x sprays per nostril twice a day.

I use that every day since maybe April and while it helps, its no miricle cure. I use it in conjuction with the tablets.

Just wondering if the branded one contains anything different.

Apologies to Renton, that stuff does work :jesuswept: Haven't had the slightest sniffle of hay fever for a few weeks. Recommended!

Whats the main ingredient?

I use the chemists own brand and that is Beclometasone Dipropionate 50mg per spray. I do 2 x sprays per nostril twice a day.

I use that every day since maybe April and while it helps, its no miricle cure. I use it in conjuction with the tablets.

Just wondering if the branded one contains anything different.

Beclometasone Dipropionate is the main ingredient. It's worked an absolute charm. The tablets used to control the sneezing a bit but I'd still get the itchy eyes and the feeling of wanting to tear my own nose off. This stuff has been like a miracle cure for me. I haven't been using the tablets with it, I've been using it on it's own. I'd probably try a different medicine instead of changing brands, if it's not working.

• 1 year later...

Anyone else suffering at the moment? I woke myself up sneezing today and have been horribly stuffed up for a coupe of days now.

Aye, this last week. Bit early for me as well Im normally late July. On my daily pills again and shoving that stuff up my nose that helps a bit but also gives me nose bleeds.

Fucking bastard hay fever has seen that I only have 3 hour's sleep. Could only just manage to take a piriteze after waking up with a sneezing fit.

Now face a 3 hour drive to Cornwall that's now probably going to require several stops because I'll be shattered. :angry:

Any other sufferers feeling the effects as of late? It seems particularly bad this year.

Used to get it till I stated smoking. ;)

Things that used to work for me:

Dunk your head in really cold water a few times before you go to bed.

Wear sunglasses when you go out (stops pollen getting into tear duct).

Put a bit of vaseline in both nasal passages (traps pollen).

All those drugs just dampen the immune response. Your choice: hayfever or cancer. ;)

Edited by Park Life

• 1 month later...

Is there any definitive way to determine whether you have hay fever?

I've had what I thought was a cold for about three weeks but adding the eye iritation to the sinus discomfort makes me think it might be hay fever - I do have a bit of a cough as well though so don't know whether thats a deal breaker.

I remember years ago going for a training placement when I was at universtity and having to have an allergy test (drops on the arm etc) - can you do something similar for hay fever or should I just give this flixonase stuff a go and sod it?