'Keeper cobblers - but Sam could be the man

Dr Gloom

Chris Hughton on Jlloyd Samuel from Bolton Wanderers:

"I can’t say there hasn’t been a phone call to see what the situation is. But it has not gone as far as a bid? - definitely not.

"He would have been probably one of a few players we’ve enquired about from that club even. At the moment we are in the process of finding out the availability of certain players and he was one of them. But I can say that it is nothing more than that at this stage."

29 year-old Samuel was born in Trinidad and is a current Trinidad & Tobago international, although he previously appeared for England U21s in the same side as Shola Ameobi.

Brought up in London, Jlloyd appeared at youth level for both West Ham and Charlton Athletic before signing for Aston Villa in 1998.

Making almost 200 appearances for Villa - and briefly loaned out to Gillingham in 2001 - Samuel joined Bolton on a free transfer in May 2007, making his Trotters debut in a 3-1 opening day home defeat by Newcastle.

Since the arrival of Owen Coyle at the Reebok, the former team mate of Kevin Nolan and Danny Guthrie has played just once in the Premier League (plus two FA Cup ties).

The Samuel talk comes at the same time as an admission from defender Danny Simpson that he won't resume playing after surgery on his left ankle until late September. That's a month longer that his own previous estimate.

While Samuel is primarily known as a left back, he's also previously operated on the other flank and also as a stand-in centre half on occasion.

i suppose he'd be good enough cover at right back. premier league experience and all that. seems a bit of a sorry state of affairs that we're limited to going for bolton rejects these days.

If he can cover both flanks and play centre-half, I can see why Hughton would be going for him. I seriously doubt he's got enough cash to buy three players for each of those positions and this is the kind of shit we'll have to bring in to compensate. Jack of all trades and masters of none.

If he can cover both flanks and play centre-half, I can see why Hughton would be going for him. I seriously doubt he's got enough cash to buy three players for each of those positions and this is the kind of shit we'll have to bring in to compensate. Jack of all trades and masters of none.

Spot on unfortunately. Cheers Mike you fat cunt

Chris Hughton on Jlloyd Samuel from Bolton Wanderers:

"I can’t say there hasn’t been a phone call to see what the situation is. But it has not gone as far as a bid? - definitely not.

"He would have been probably one of a few players we’ve enquired about from that club even. At the moment we are in the process of finding out the availability of certain players and he was one of them. But I can say that it is nothing more than that at this stage."

29 year-old Samuel was born in Trinidad and is a current Trinidad & Tobago international, although he previously appeared for England U21s in the same side as Shola Ameobi.

Brought up in London, Jlloyd appeared at youth level for both West Ham and Charlton Athletic before signing for Aston Villa in 1998.

Making almost 200 appearances for Villa - and briefly loaned out to Gillingham in 2001 - Samuel joined Bolton on a free transfer in May 2007, making his Trotters debut in a 3-1 opening day home defeat by Newcastle.

Since the arrival of Owen Coyle at the Reebok, the former team mate of Kevin Nolan and Danny Guthrie has played just once in the Premier League (plus two FA Cup ties).

The Samuel talk comes at the same time as an admission from defender Danny Simpson that he won't resume playing after surgery on his left ankle until late September. That's a month longer that his own previous estimate.

While Samuel is primarily known as a left back, he's also previously operated on the other flank and also as a stand-in centre half on occasion.

i suppose he'd be good enough cover at right back. premier league experience and all that. seems a bit of a sorry state of affairs that we're limited to going for bolton rejects these days.

fantastic