Fallout: New Vegas

Andrew

Saw this trailer during the E3 conference. So looking forward to New Vegas. Fallout 3 is one of my favourite games of all time. It's not often a game makes me replay the whole thing again. And I've done Fallout 3 nearly 3 times now.

I'm nearly finished the the Operation Anchorage DLC and that'll be me finished it. I'll be itching to start it all again soon. Loved the lot of it. Only downside to the game of the year edition is that even installing it to hard drive it still freezes now and again. A lot less than running it from disk though.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished my first run through and I don't think it's possible to complete every quest. When you get to Mr House no matter what you do you will fail some. Ditto when it comes to the ending I don't think it's totally possible to get a good one for every faction/village.

• 5 months later...

I've found there's much more replay value. Without going spoiler crazy there's four possible endings then there are other incidentals such as endings for towns, factions and companions all of which can have between two or three different endings per main game ending. There's less wandering between place to place and practically no underground tunnel walking to get from one place to another.

• 2 weeks later...
I've found there's much more replay value. Without going spoiler crazy there's four possible endings then there are other incidentals such as endings for towns, factions and companions all of which can have between two or three different endings per main game ending. There's less wandering between place to place and practically no underground tunnel walking to get from one place to another.

The dark underground tunnels were a PITA in F3. Much improved in New Vegas.. though there are loads more bugs in NV. A better game, but more of an evolution of F3.. F3.5 maybe.

Think i'll give it a miss, just cleared fallout 3+ all the dlc's and it was just so utterly repetitive and getting the dlc's wasd a mistake i think.

i did a couple of those before i did any large amount of the main story which i basically glided through, giant supermutant thing attacks "doesn't matter i've a fancy shotgun"

wish i'd been evil as well, shooting people in the face is much easier than helping them.

That's one good thing with New Vegas... even quite a way into the game there are still places where you are likely to die if you venture there. With no dart gun to slow down deathclaws they're much more deadly, plus there's a variety of other creatures that are more dangerous than in F3. I found the same in F3.. after a certain point I was able to go anywhere without any trouble, it took the excitement away that had existed in the earlier stages where I was scavenging for ammunition always on the lookout for potential enemies that could whoop my arse. The ability to have two followers is good for storing up stuff to sell, helping to generate funds, plus they come in handy for particularly enemy clad areas (you still get the XP for their kills).

The DLC was the same for me.. even though they opened up the top level for the character it wasn't required to compete as the expansion stuff was no tougher than the regular game.

It's also a bit of a time sink. <_< I played F:NV quite a bit when it came out, but lost steam towards the end, and still haven't actually finished it.

Edited by OzToonFan

The dark underground tunnels were a PITA in F3. Much improved in New Vegas.. though there are loads more bugs in NV. A better game, but more of an evolution of F3.. F3.5 maybe.

By the sounds of it with NV they pushed an already old/creaky game engine to the it's limit which will be why the bugs crop up more frequently. Even at level 34 with topped out gun attribute I wouldn't fancy my chances in some area's. Coming out of that Great Khan emcampment at the top of the quarry can be an arse at times if the deathclaws aren't spawned too far apart. Good thing about Dead Money is that you are stripped of all of your items. Giving a bit more of a challenge than some of the dlc for Fallout 3.

With New Vegas I find the companion back stories fascinating.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The new DLC, Old World Blues, is excellent. Captured the humour of the original Fallout games :lol:

I never played the first two Fallouts, but OWB has been entertaining. Honest Hearts was pretty good too, I think Dead Money was my least favourite of the three so far. Only one more to come out and it's all done and dusted.

The new DLC, Old World Blues, is excellent. Captured the humour of the original Fallout games :lol:

I never played the first two Fallouts, but OWB has been entertaining. Honest Hearts was pretty good too, I think Dead Money was my least favourite of the three so far. Only one more to come out and it's all done and dusted.

OWB is my favourite so far, and DM my least, said it before but DM was cheaply elongated by bollocks instakilling.

lonesome road should be epic, sadly delayed though, not coming this month