Favourite Toon Player in Your Lifetime

Andrew

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consumed by the bullshit I see. :D

It's well known within inner circles that twice within his time at the club Given requested a move - once when he was young and naive and the other when he was told by the club that he was being offered out to rival clubs.

He owed us nothing - he was owed at least some respect which Ashley/Llambias/Wise/Kinnear refused to acknowledge. Can't blame him for wanting away.

Dont know what you mean by the cosumed by bullshit statement just expressing how i feel about the judas cunt take it that opinions are allowed on a football forum.

As for the inner circles comment please state the source or shut the fuck up, or are you one of these i know whats going on at the club people when they know as much as everyone else as in fuck all.

Ooooooo get you :(

My sources are my sources and there's no obligation to reveal them. You seem a little rattled tttt.

Rob Lee for me. had the lot except pace, and kept the game simple. very smart on the ball later in his career. if only we'd have discovered him at a younger age.

Had he arrived at any other time I don't think he'd have developed into the player he did.

very probably right. cracking player though. him and batty was a great partnership. made the game look easy.

Guest alex
Rob Lee for me. had the lot except pace, and kept the game simple. very smart on the ball later in his career. if only we'd have discovered him at a younger age.

Had he arrived at any other time I don't think he'd have developed into the player he did.

very probably right. cracking player though. him and batty was a great partnership. made the game look easy.

Actually (and I promise I'm not just being pedantic here) I think the best I saw him play was alongside Lee Clark (with Clark 'sitting in' behind him). Likewise when he played with Venison prior to that he had licence to get forward. I felt that he lost a touch of his attacking side alongside Batty in the 96/97 season because KK played Shearer and Sir Les upfront so there was a bigger gap between the forwards and midfielders as Beardsley was moved out wide / back into midfield to allow for this. That's being ultra-critical and is really only in relation to the excellence that went before. Rob Lee and Batty were a quality partnership. Of course Dalglish came in 96/97 and after that Rob Lee suffered a bit like the rest of the side (not when Dalglish first arrived but after). Gullit's treatment of Lee was a disgrace too. Not given a squad number to him and playing a sweeper in midfield instead (Dumas).

If you hate ashley, you cant also hate Given for fucking off.

Maybe the next time anyone bumps into Peter Beardsley they can ask him to explain what happened, unless he already has. Surely he is ITK.

Someone give Krul a shout on msn :(

Does he know like? Can someone give Willie MaFaul a shout on msn? :D

sorry it was in English "wind up merchant", I'm hoping we don't actually have someone as stupid as yourself on here who is an actual fan.

We already have Kevin, one is enough (and even he's not that daft)

It slays me after all the crap about Keegan coming out with that tribunal that people think servants like Given have buggered off due to money.

So because i think that Given fucked us off for the money means that i am a Ashley supporter, i think not Given could and should have stayed until the end of the season he didnt because he seen pound signs from Citeh and decided he would take the exit. Mike Ashley is a repulsive cunt who has wrecked NUFC but at the end of the day Given wanted away end of story and for that i don't buy the Given is toon hero story, i would point out that he handed in transfer requests in the past although i dont have any inside sources to back this up and for me he will never come close to Willie McFaul as the best Newcastle keeper that i have seen play.

Guest alex

Given was meant on a canny bit less than the likes of Smith as well. Must have been a no-brainer for him tbh.

Given was meant on a canny bit less than the likes of Smith as well. Must have been a no-brainer for him tbh.

That would piss anyone off, but I dont think Willie McFaul would have left in the same circumstances as Seamus. Just my opinion like.

sorry it was in English "wind up merchant", I'm hoping we don't actually have someone as stupid as yourself on here who is an actual fan.

We already have Kevin, one is enough (and even he's not that daft)

It slays me after all the crap about Keegan coming out with that tribunal that people think servants like Given have buggered off due to money.

So because i think that Given fucked us off for the money means that i am a Ashley supporter, i think not Given could and should have stayed until the end of the season he didnt because he seen pound signs from Citeh and decided he would take the exit. Mike Ashley is a repulsive cunt who has wrecked NUFC but at the end of the day Given wanted away end of story and for that i don't buy the Given is toon hero story, i would point out that he handed in transfer requests in the past although i dont have any inside sources to back this up and for me he will never come close to Willie McFaul as the best Newcastle keeper that i have seen play.

If that's a fact why on earth are you that arsed that he left? :(

Guest alex

That would piss anyone off, but I dont think Willie McFaul would have left in the same circumstances as Seamus. Just my opinion like.

I don't really think despising a player for not being as loyal as Willie McFaul makes much sense. But to put it in context did the club ever basically tell Willie McFaul he wasn't wanted and did he have the richest club in the world touting him at the same time? It's comparing apples and oranges. I'm a bit bitter about Given (and not solely from the point of view of him being more or less forced out) if I'm being honest, but I think calling him a 'Judas cunt' is a bit out of order. MM is of course entitled to his opinion.

Edited by alex

If that's a fact why on earth are you that arsed that he left? :(

Because he was better than Harper and could have been the difference in keeping us up, granted we would have probably been relegated the following yearbut he bailed out and all this he was Mr Newcastle shit sticks in my throat, just my opinion but my opinion is important to ME.

I don't really think despising a player for not being as loyal as Willie McFaul makes much sense. But to put it in context did the club ever basically tell Willie McFaul he wasn't wanted and did he have the richest club in the world touting him at the same time? It's comparing apples and oranges. I'm a bit bitter about Given (and not solely from the point of view of him being more or less forced out) if I'm being honest, but I think calling him a 'Judas cunt' is a bit out of order. MM is of course entitled to his opinion.

Aye, I agree with what your saying, but there are an awful lot of people who dont know the full story, me being one of them, who cannot understand what happened. Willie Mac is also in my opinion the best Newcastle keeper in my time supporting them and would have received more international recognition had it not been for Pat Jennings. Keep in mind that WM is credited in some corners with bringing Beardsley and Gascoigne along to some degree.

Guest alex

Aye, I agree with what your saying, but there are an awful lot of people who dont know the full story, me being one of them, who cannot understand what happened. Willie Mac is also in my opinion the best Newcastle keeper in my time supporting them and would have received more international recognition had it not been for Pat Jennings. Keep in mind that WM is credited in some corners with bringing Beardsley and Gascoigne along to some degree.

I can only remember McFaul from his time as manager but from what I remember he seemed like a gent.

I can only remember McFaul from his time as manager but from what I remember he seemed like a gent.

Aye there are people around on this board who saw him play, then manage and have a very high opinion of him. Rightly so. That does not justify despising anyone mind.

McFaul was crapped on from a great height by Seymour Jnr. With Gascoigne & Goddard sold by the board, they held him solely responsible when his replacements didn't meet upto expectations even though he mustered a win at Anfield.

Let's not forget that one of his summer signings (Beasant) was sanctioned by the board ahead of his cheaper first choice on the grounds that Beasant was proven in this league and they young Danish keeper he wanted wasn't. Whatever did happen to Peter Schmeichel btw? :(

The other mistake that summer IMO was selling McDonald but unfortunately that one was Willie's own doing....

McFaul was crapped on from a great height by Seymour Jnr. With Gascoigne & Goddard sold by the board, they held him solely responsible when his replacements didn't meet upto expectations even though he mustered a win at Anfield.

Let's not forget that one of his summer signings (Beasant) was sanctioned by the board ahead of his cheaper first choice on the grounds that Beasant was proven in this league and they young Danish keeper he wanted wasn't. Whatever did happen to Peter Schmeichel btw? :(

The other mistake that summer IMO was selling McDonald but unfortunately that one was Willie's own doing....

Even SAF makes mistakes Craig.

Actually (and I promise I'm not just being pedantic here) I think the best I saw him play was alongside Lee Clark (with Clark 'sitting in' behind him). Likewise when he played with Venison prior to that he had licence to get forward. I felt that he lost a touch of his attacking side alongside Batty in the 96/97 season because KK played Shearer and Sir Les upfront so there was a bigger gap between the forwards and midfielders as Beardsley was moved out wide / back into midfield to allow for this. That's being ultra-critical and is really only in relation to the excellence that went before. Rob Lee and Batty were a quality partnership. Of course Dalglish came in 96/97 and after that Rob Lee suffered a bit like the rest of the side (not when Dalglish first arrived but after). Gullit's treatment of Lee was a disgrace too. Not given a squad number to him and playing a sweeper in midfield instead (Dumas).

adaptable as well. could play defensive midfield, centre mid ( kind of box to box) attacking mid, wide, and second striker ( as he did occasionally for charlton). not bad for what 700k... ?