Dan Gosling

BigAl

England under-21 starlet Dan Gosling has walked out of Everton for nothing - after the Premier League ruled he was free to quit over an amazing administrative mistake.

Gosling argued that he could leave at the end of his contract without any fee on his head because the Goodison outfit had failed to put an offer in writing to him.

And the Premier League carried out a full inquiry, with statements from both Gosling's camp and Everton, before deciding the Merseyside club had slipped up - with the player allowed to go on a free transfer.

Everton wanted Gosling to sign a new deal, with chairman Bill Kenwright making verbal offers but failing to put that in writing by the mid-May cut-off point.

Now David Moyes's club will miss out on a fee. They could have made around £4million at a tribunal if Gosling joins a rival Premier League club.

Versatile Gosling was in and out of Moyes's team over the past two seasons, with his personal highlight being the FA Cup replay winner over Liverpool. He had also been stalling on a new deal for football reasons as he wants to play more often.

Gosling is recovering from knee ligament surgery and will not be able to play for around three months. However he is now clear to speak to any club and negotiate his own terms.

Sunderland and Newcastle United are heading the chase, with West Ham also alerted about his availability. Gosling told the Premoer League tribunal that he has not spoken to any other team, but now he will be heading for a round of talks.

The result is a bitter blow for cash-conscious Everton who will be bitter about the outcome. Senior officials all put their case to the inquiry but one basic mistake has cost them a fortune.

Edited by Tom

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close this thread please.

WE WILL NOT, AND I REPEAT, NOT, SIGN DAN GOSLING !!!!!!!!!

hey kevin!

fuck off

Fuckin' typical newcastle fans getting excited over nothing, fuck sake. Can't wait till he signs for sunderland just to show you all that we are NOT SIGNING DAN GOSLING :(

My God :D Look what Ashley has reduced me to :(

ashley hasnt reduced you to being a cunt kevin, you've always been one

I dont see excitement anywhere in here btw, I see people being realistic and accepting that he'd be a decent signing if we got him and he would, stop being a tit

Define "cunt", Andrew? Cause a cunt to me is somebody who is an arrogant prick who does nothing but be cheeky, i'm not a cunt.

Granted, I'm thick as fuck but i'm not a cunt :(

Define "cunt", Andrew? Cause a cunt to me is somebody who is an arrogant prick who does nothing but be cheeky, i'm not a cunt.

Granted, I'm thick as fuck but i'm not a cunt :D

Yes you are, cunt :(

Granted, I'm thick as fuck but i'm not a cunt :D

Female genitalia you daft shite... I thought you were supposed to be bright? :(

Granted, I'm thick as fuck but i'm not a cunt :angry:

Female genitalia you daft shite... I thought you were supposed to be bright? :(

I am bright :D

Close this thread please.

WE WILL NOT, AND I REPEAT, NOT, SIGN DAN GOSLING !!!!!!!!!

hey kevin!

fuck off

I'm the only hay kevin. :(

England under-21 starlet Dan Gosling has walked out of Everton for nothing - after the Premier League ruled he was free to quit over an amazing administrative mistake.

Gosling argued that he could leave at the end of his contract without any fee on his head because the Goodison outfit had failed to put an offer in writing to him.

And the Premier League carried out a full inquiry, with statements from both Gosling's camp and Everton, before deciding the Merseyside club had slipped up - with the player allowed to go on a free transfer.

Everton wanted Gosling to sign a new deal, with chairman Bill Kenwright making verbal offers but failing to put that in writing by the mid-May cut-off point.

Now David Moyes's club will miss out on a fee. They could have made around £4million at a tribunal if Gosling joins a rival Premier League club.

Versatile Gosling was in and out of Moyes's team over the past two seasons, with his personal highlight being the FA Cup replay winner over Liverpool. He had also been stalling on a new deal for football reasons as he wants to play more often.

Gosling is recovering from knee ligament surgery and will not be able to play for around three months. However he is now clear to speak to any club and negotiate his own terms.

Sunderland and Newcastle United are heading the chase, with West Ham also alerted about his availability. Gosling told the Premoer League tribunal that he has not spoken to any other team, but now he will be heading for a round of talks.

The result is a bitter blow for cash-conscious Everton who will be bitter about the outcome. Senior officials all put their case to the inquiry but one basic mistake has cost them a fortune.

not fit til 2011 !! forget it.

Already signed on 4 year deal at £25,000 a week. Out for 3 months but a great piece of 'business' CH.

Fantastic signing!!! Getting very excited about the new season :-D

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Trans...icle522905.html

Newcastle have completed a surprise deal for Everton runaway Dan Gosling.

The England under-21 starlet had talks with Bolton Wanderers, West Ham and Sunderland before opting for Toon in a switch worth £5.5million to him over four years.

Gosling was allowed to leave Goodison for nothing because of an administrative blunder by the Mersey men, who had verbally offered him a new deal but crucially had put nothing in writing before a Premier League deadline.

He would have earned around £15,000 a week at Everton but is picking up closer to £25,000 a week on Tyneside because there is no transfer fee involved.

Newcastle were the only one of the interested clubs to promise £4m-rated Gosling that they would sign him even if they have to pay a transfer fee once an Everton appeal is heard.

Toon rushed the deal through even though the midfielder will miss the first three months of the season following knee surgery.

Happy with this deal tbh. We need more quality in central midfield.