Steve Harper

Akabusi

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I reckon there will be a 50/50 reaction to this one. I think he performed very well for us last season and Id have liked him to stay. Seems typical that after him playing 2nd fiddle to Given for so long, once he gets his shot he is off. Course, more likely it's the club selling him and it would be to a big club playing european football.

Can't blame him. But I just did not think he would leave the area and he knows he will be number one for next season after being second for so long.

Willing to give Krul and Foster a go. But would hope we bring in a older head to help them out.

Krul has often looked good, but I just cant help but think he's still not fully tried for the Prem. Bit of a gamble but I guess they see him day in day out. Forster becomes no 2. Guess we have been spoiled so long having Given/Harper.

Can't blame him. But I just did not think he would leave the area and he knows he will be number one for next season after being second for so long.

Willing to give Krul and Foster a go. But would hope we bring in a older head to help them out.

David James for one season if Krul goes on a bad run.

Its always a gamble with young keepers, but if we were going to sell a keeper i'd take the gamble and sell Harper and go for it with Krul and Forster as backup. Potentially i think both can be better than Harper in every aspect, shot stopping, dominating the box and kicking/releasing the ball quickly to start attacks etc. and i hope i'm right!

I'm still surprised if it happens as i wouldn't expect he'll bring in much money if we think that's what Ashley is doing, and i'd always had Hughton down as playing safe wanting to have Harper as no.1 and keep the young lads as back up.

David James for one season if Krul goes on a bad run.

More likely Richard Wright with our policy.

Off to Celtic. Must be reason why they were stalling over sending Forster back to Norwich.

A link for this? Personally don't think this will happen. There was 'gossip' a while back about this happening but nothing since. Think its another one of those many transfer stories flying around

Off to Celtic. Must be reason why they were stalling over sending Forster back to Norwich.

A link for this? Personally don't think this will happen. There was 'gossip' a while back about this happening but nothing since. Think its another one of those many transfer stories flying around

Akabusi is reknowned for having accurate ITK info.

Do you reckon? Have a scan through his past posts. A lot more duffers than gems. A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Do you reckon? Have a scan through his past posts. A lot more duffers than gems. A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Aye, just looked through there right enough :unsure:

I assumed he'd posted a lot more on N-O/Skunkers that were true.

Dunno whether it's true but I can believe it. Probably a Les Ferdinand type scenario if so - decent offer for older player, sold without approval of manager.

I'd be surprised.

At the same time Krul is either going to want first team football or a transfer. He's looked good in the few first team appearances he's made, someone else will know more about his reserve displays.

Think Harper had medical advice that his back couldnt take the amount of bending to collect the ball from the back of the net next season.

Harsh. But fair :unsure:

after finally becoming our number 1 goalie after 10 years of trying to cement his place, why would he leave?

Go out on a high?

Win the league and leave before he has to do some hard work. :unsure:

It'd make more sense if it was Given moving to Celtic. Still, if we're spending money on new players it has to come from flogging a player or two so I can believe it. If Hughton comes and out and says he's heard nothing and no way is Harper leaving, it definitely means they've sold him.

good keepers don't grow on trees. agree with those that say david james would be worth getting on a one year deal. would be interestign to see if krul is ready too. he has looked a good shot stopper in his limited appearances for us though obvioulsy has little experience so would be a gamble.

could be something in this. Brian Laws says he was hoping he'd have a new keeper (Fraser Forster) signed up by now but the other club are dragging their heels. Duno how paly Harper and Alan Thompson are, but that could have sumthing to do with it

Edited by JaMoUsE

I've never rated Harper and wouldn't give a shit if he was sold - if Forster or Krul aren't good enough then we can address it then but I'd rather either of them were given a chance.