Steve Harper

Akabusi

Best goals conceded per game records in the league.....

Notts County - 0.67

Man U - 0.73

Newcastle - 0.76

Chelsea - 0.84

Be sad to see harper go.

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people calling for Krul to be given his chance, I wonder about the statement from Chris Hughton last week about letting him go on loan, however.

Either this Harpe->Celtic deal has happened very quickly, or else Hughton didn't know about it. Shirley he wouldn't leave Krul go on loan and Harper be sold?

Anyway, I wonder if Foster is rated higher by the coaching staff.

Notts County - 0.67

Man U - 0.73

Newcastle - 0.76

Chelsea - 0.84

Be sad to see harper go.

Not saying he was not decent last season but we could have easily conceded a lot more goals if we had come up against some decent strikers.

Notts County - 0.67

Man U - 0.73

Newcastle - 0.76

Chelsea - 0.84

Be sad to see harper go.

Not saying he was not decent last season but we could have easily conceded a lot more goals if we had come up against some decent strikers.

All the other keepers in the championship came up against the same strikers like.

Notts County - 0.67

Man U - 0.73

Newcastle - 0.76

Chelsea - 0.84

Be sad to see harper go.

All the other keepers in the championship came up against the same strikers like.

Other keepers in the league came up against Shola. :unsure:

if its true i would welcome it. its about time Krul or Forster (both great keepers imo) had a chance.

Going overboard considering you've seen next to nothing of these players. "Great".....FFS.

if its true i would welcome it. its about time Krul or Forster (both great keepers imo) had a chance.

Going overboard considering you've seen next to nothing of these players.

Dont think so sniffer...............

Forster had an awesome season at Norwich last year. Norwich's players player of the year 2010 and second in the supporters player of year award. admittedly seen less of Krul but everytime ive seen him he's always impressed.

Dont forget that Given was given (sic) the 1st team shirt aged 21. a year younger than Krul and Forster are now. It's about time they were given their chance.

They are good prospects.

Nothing more at this time especially as neither have played at the top level.

Dont think Given had any top flight experience before he signed for us either. Didnt stop him becoming top drawer!

I see.

So because Given had no little or no experience and became a top keeper, you assume that these two will become top keepers because they also have little or no experience.

Difficult to fault your logic there.

I personally think it would be a bad move letting Harper go. as has been said above, gambling on two keepers with absolutely no premiership experience to keep us up is a very dangerous line to walk.

So because Given had no little or no experience and became a top keeper, you assume that these two will become top keepers because they also have little or no experience.

not at all but you are deliberately missing the point, probably cos you know you're wrong and cant admit it without appearing to be a complete knob.

virtually every club in the land wouldnt mind either of these keepers on their books. they are 2 fantastic prospects that should be given a chance is all. Dont forget this would also play into Fat Mikes big plan ie. promote promising young players who could then be sold on at a profit.

So they've gone from being "great keepers" to two fantastic prospects? Thats more realistic. In a couple of hours as well.

Considering you've rarely if ever seen them play at the top level and you want to label them great, I'd say its you thats the knob end.

So they've gone from being "great keepers" to two fantastic prospects? Thats more realistic. In a couple of hours as well.

Considering you've rarely if ever seen them play at the top level and you want to label them great, I'd say its you thats the knob end.

:unsure:

Forster certainly looked like a great keeper at Norwich last year, admittedly in a lower league. Every manager who he has played for says the same thing about him. ie. he's going to be a fantastic keeper.

I've seen Krul play for the dutch u21's and also in the uefa cup for us. He's always looked comfortable.

I've nothing against Harper but IF he does get sold then i wont lose any sleep about his replacements.

Boruc closes on Fiorentina switch

Celtic goalkeeper Artur Boruc has signed for Fiorentina subject to a medical, according to the Italian club.

The Polish international has been a virtual ever present at Celtic since joining from Legia Warsaw in 2005.

Boruc, 30, who has been linked with AC Milan and Arsenal in the past, is under contract until 2011.

Fellow Pole Lukasz Zaluska has been vying with Boruc for the number one jersey at Celtic since arriving from Dundee United last summer.

Boruc has made more than 150 appearances for Celtic and has gained 43 caps for Poland.

He has impressed for the majority of his time at Celtic, although a loss of form under previous manager Tony Mowbray saw him insist Boruc was no longer an automatic choice.

Mowbray has since been succeeded by Neil Lennon, who is looking to rebuild his squad as they aim to prevent Rangers from winning their third consecutive league title.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...tic/8812754.stm

Published: 2010/07/12 18:12:25 GMT

© BBC MMX

If it comes to a choice between a promising young keeper who looks the business, and a solid pro, sell the pro. We fucked up big time by keeping Flowers and letting you have Given. It's still a horrible memory to this day for me.

I can't see Celtic offering decent money for him.

I don't think we will look for that much tbh.

Ashley will be happy to get another of the high earners off the wage bill, although I have seen James name being linked with us and hes on a decent wage :unsure: