Next club captain

TheMoog

Next club captain  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

definitely Barton by a country mile

based on what?

Based on I cant see Smith or Nolan starting ahead of Barton.

I think he is the only true leader we have out of that list. (ie willing to bark and encourage)

The Captain imo needs to be in the centre, able to communicate with all players so making the keeper captain seems daft.

The captain (like Keane) needs to be the nastiest most competitive player on the park imo.

As for Taylor for captain......Bloody hell!

I don't know about this. Keane may have been nasty but he had a winners mentality and the respect of the other players.

I don't see Barton having respect like that, and Nolan and Smith both play central positions in fact I think long term Nolan may end up as the deep central player too.

One thing is for sure, we need more mobility and pace than Nolan provided in the advanced position in a higher league, so I don't see him and Smith both playing together and hitting the standard required, which in my book isn't 17th in the league by the way.

Voted for Nolan.

Last season said the right things off the pitch and did plenty of right things on it. Think he likes it up here and is up for the fight.

Will start more games than Smith, Barton doesn't deserve the arm band on his Toon career to date but live in hope he one day matches the brochure. Taylor wouldn't be the worst shout in some ways but would he unite the team?

All points to Nolan for me.

Voted for Nolan.

Last season said the right things off the pitch and did plenty of right things on it. Think he likes it up here and is up for the fight.

Will start more games than Smith, Barton doesn't deserve the arm band on his Toon career to date but live in hope he one day matches the brochure. Taylor wouldn't be the worst shout in some ways but would he unite the team?

All points to Nolan for me.

that's it basically, Nolan's probably the best of a not so great bunch in terms of a good captain anyway. I think the whole captaincy thing is a tad overrated to be honest, at the end of the day a good captain can't make a shit team good.

I havent actually voted for any option so far, not even "other" as I dont think we have any others worth giving it too either

Impossible to say right now, I'd say we need to give it a month or two once the league starts to see who stands up and deserves it. IN the meantime I guess give it to Harper under the provision that it's preferrable to have it with an outfield player.