Danny CL

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why this talk about big clubs again?

You'd think a trip down to the championship would have cooled some heads down,

and stopped them from holding Newcastle up with the Barcelona's of the world.

You're showing astonishing ignorance there like, especially the higher average than ours. Our average attendance is calculated from 1892, so we have at least 14 seasons of gates between 1892 and 1906 where the average was 1000-5000. By the time Spurs came in 14 years later everyone was averaging 20000+, from their inception our average is far greater just our overall average is less because we were handicapped by the gates at footballs inception. Same applies to Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton all support wise significantly away from Tottenham although it doesn't appear that way due to their late inclusion in league football.

Tradition? Tottenham? A few Cup runs? We have every bit as much tradition as they do, and are certainly more famous than Spurs yet I wouldn't say we're a bigger club than Chelsea because we're not.

Before the Premier League years and after the second world war, the time of the modern football game.

It was common to talk about the big 5 in english football - Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Everton and Tottenham.

Tottenham was never a league club, they were the cup team above anyone else

- at the time Premier League brought a periode of a handful of clubs dominating all tournaments,

Tottenham were the most winning FA cup team through all time with their 8 titles.

In fact all english tournaments taken into consideration there are only four teams with more titles than them.

Don't forget their European titles neither - 3, same as Chelsea, more than all french clubs put together.

Arsenal got only 1, Newcastle 0 (unless you count invitational tournaments, intertoto and anglo-italian cup).

Also, only Manchester United and Liverpool have higher all time attandance than Tottenham,

despite Tottenham lagging behind for years now in stadium capacity.

They do sell out 99% and have a long waiting list for season tickets, and with a new bigger stadium around a corner I'm sure they'll keep their position for a long time.

Chelsea were knocking on the door of becoming great for a good few years before they were bought out as well.

Yes, from mid 90s they were establishing themselves in the top of the Premier League.

But it was done in a Leeds manner, spending money they didn't have.

Which lead to them being minutes from going bankrupt and having to shut down the club

- before Abramovich saved them and started his financial doping to push them the the extra step up as a title challenger and eventual winner.

If you're going to give them credit, then I guess you'll aknowledge Manchester City as bigger than United in a couple of years time as well?

I'd love you to quote who's done that.

I've done a search for 'Barcelona' in this thread and I can't find it.

Ye ye, fact of the matter is that there's still supporters who have a completely blinkered view on the club and it's position in both english football history and its current status.

In my opinion it hinders Newcastle's ability to build long term, due to unrealistic ambitions and eventually lack of support of the management.

Ye ye, fact of the matter is that there's still supporters who have a completely blinkered view on the club and it's position in both english football history and its current status.

In my opinion it hinders Newcastle's ability to build long term, due to unrealistic ambitions and eventually lack of support of the management.

But you can't provide any evidence of it.

Particularly ironic opinion to air on here following your lengthy post about how much better than Arsenal you are.

The complete lack of self awareness from some Spurs fans is hilarious.

If you think about it London is a proper football area. Just supposing there are 1.2m gay people in London. That would leave only 5.8m who aren't gay. 2.9m of them will be women, so that leaves 2.9m potential football fans. 300,000 people watch regular football in London, so that's like 1 in 9 almost, probably a better ratio than us. No one can deny it's a proper football city.

But taking just Newcastle or London population wise as your base you're distorting the figures - given that thousands travel from outside the area you have to count that as a factor - even if you took Berwick to Teesside as NUFC and the other clubs area, its tiny compared to adding the home counties to London.

12m is the South East pop. 2.5m the North East. London has 2 big clubs, 4 medium sized clubs, and 7 smaller clubs. The North East has 1 big club, 1 medium sized club and 3 small clubs. I still think they do ok.

Be interesting to see who you think London's 2 big clubs are.

Arsenal are the biggest club. Spurs and Londons' mackems.

I'd say Chelsea are a bigger club because although you can go on about the past or whatever but the fact of the matter is the Premiership has such a massive global reputation then a win in it is going to count for far more in terms of a clubs stature in comparison to winning the old football league.

Whether a club is 'big' or not is such a vague generalized term anyway making for such a pointless argument.

Edited by Nathan113

You're showing astonishing ignorance there like, especially the higher average than ours. Our average attendance is calculated from 1892, so we have at least 14 seasons of gates between 1892 and 1906 where the average was 1000-5000. By the time Spurs came in 14 years later everyone was averaging 20000+, from their inception our average is far greater just our overall average is less because we were handicapped by the gates at footballs inception. Same applies to Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton all support wise significantly away from Tottenham although it doesn't appear that way due to their late inclusion in league football.

Tradition? Tottenham? A few Cup runs? We have every bit as much tradition as they do, and are certainly more famous than Spurs yet I wouldn't say we're a bigger club than Chelsea because we're not.

Before the Premier League years and after the second world war, the time of the modern football game.

It was common to talk about the big 5 in english football - Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Everton and Tottenham.

- at the time Premier League brought a periode of a handful of clubs dominating all tournaments,

Tottenham were the most winning FA cup team through all time with their 8 titles.

In fact all english tournaments taken into consideration there are only four teams with more titles than them.

Don't forget their European titles neither - 3, same as Chelsea, more than all french clubs put together.

Arsenal got only 1, Newcastle 0 (unless you count invitational tournaments, intertoto and anglo-italian cup).

Also, only Manchester United and Liverpool have higher all time attandance than Tottenham,

They do sell out 99% and have a long waiting list for season tickets, and with a new bigger stadium around a corner I'm sure they'll keep their position for a long time.

Chelsea were knocking on the door of becoming great for a good few years before they were bought out as well.

Yes, from mid 90s they were establishing themselves in the top of the Premier League.

Which lead to them being minutes from going bankrupt and having to shut down the club

- before Abramovich saved them and started his financial doping to push them the the extra step up as a title challenger and eventual winner.

If you're going to give them credit, then I guess you'll aknowledge Manchester City as bigger than United in a couple of years time as well?

Why are you bothing with your second account, fucktard?

Sorry? I thought I was fucktard?

Deciding to use this account again, eh? :jesuswept:

Makes me feel better about the whole I know your ip thing.

What has 1977 posted on wiki Craig?

Edited by Danny CL

Deciding to use this account again, eh? :yahoo:

You think I needed to do an IP check? :jesuswept:

You're as transparent as fuck man!

I aint being funny but you are way off man

I aint being funny but you are way off man

At least that's true.....

Guest Gordon McKeag

I'll take Craig's word that 1977 is that utter rent boy of a kid Danny, but if it's not him I want to point a few facts here.

The big five was a phrase coined by ITV in the late 80s in their battle with SKY and the FA. Had nothing to do with the history or stature of the club. In the 80's the big 5 were the 5 you mentioned because since Munich and the sympathy Man Utd became the biggest club on earth, Liverpool were amazing, Everton won two league titles, Arsenal were and always have been London's biggest club, and Spurs won two FA Cups. In the 70's the big 5 would've been Man Utd, Liverpool, Derby, Forest and Leeds. You total bellend of a kid. Renton sayin Tottenham are a bigger club than Newcastle, they'll never be a bigger name you fuckin hill climbing mug.

Shut up you cunt.

Read my earlier point which clear puts us level with Man Utd and Liverpool over history looking down our nose at North London clubs. We had a 16 year start you dafdt cunt. I'd also point out "you don't know your place in football history". We fuckin do, THE MOST IMPORTANT COUNTRY ON EARTHS MOST SUCCESFUL TEAM until 1973. Ask your nan. It's true as well. Tottenham are a good team at the minute but no one cares about you you're just there. Imagine the interest in us in your position now. With you no one cares, even SKY "oh well its fuckin Tottenham" you mug.

Deluded and in need of anger management.

I've registered on this forum to keep track of what's happening at Newcastle,

and only posted a handful of times - mostly with a realistic approach and correct facts.

Don't really see why I deserve these personal attacks and name callings just because I don't agree that Newcastle is top 3 in England or have any significant european pedigree.

And for the record I'm not the same poster as Danny above, you can get an admin to ip check that if you really want.

And for the record I'm not the same poster as Danny above, you can get an admin to ip check that if you really want.

I don't need to Danny, we've known it's been you ever since you signed up with it last year. Been wondering how long it'd take you to use it mind.

I don't need to Danny, we've known it's been you ever since you signed up with it last year. Been wondering how long it'd take you to use it mind.

is it true that you can switch between firefox and IE and be undetectable by IP ?

is it true that you can switch between firefox and IE and be undetectable by IP ?

No.