The Secret Diary of Lee Ryder (aged 44 and a half)

Craig

He was playing in a seven a side tournament yesterday at gosforth park thinking he was gods gift. Didnt play against him myself but apparently he was utter shite!

I've heard he's a bully on a football pitch, I'm 6ft2 and a big lad, but I've never made a purposefully nasty tackle in my life, apart from against people who've tried to do me, apparently he bools younguns all over the place. Truthfully and I know loads of people who know him, and people who have experienced him, and I've not heard one person, not one say anything nice about him. A "canny lad deep down" would do but I've never even heard that.

Lee, if you're reading this (and I know you are), you're a talentless, hackneyed joke and you couldn't write a decent article to save your life. Which wouldn't be so bad if you had a scrap of integrity. And you've managed the improbable feat of, by comparison at least, making your predecessor look like a journalist.

Edit: Fangyoovehmush

Edited by Alex

Lee, if you're reading this (and I know you are), you're a talentless, hackneyed joke and you couldn't write a decent article to save your life. Which wouldn't be so bad if you had a scrap of integrity. And you've managed the improbable feat of, by comparison at least, making your predecessor look like a journalist.

:lol:

Was this the result of a few too many "aperitifs"

:lol::read:

I've played in a 5-a-side game with him, and he is an arrogant, gobby, and lazy twat of a footballer who's answer to getting beat was to offer 18 year old lads who'd done nowt wrong outside.

He's pro-Ashley because they barred him from the ground a couple of seasons back and he rang Hughton begging that he bet let back in or he would lose his job (which he would off, you can't have a local football journalist who can't get into games). Hughton managed to persuade the powers that be to let him back in.

That's a double factoid.

I think Lee is a very talented journalist who combines his excellent knowledge of the beautiful game with an unrivalled grasp of the English language to produce superlative journalism.

He is mind :lol:

Seriously I can't remember the last time a day went by where he hasn't made some error.

Am I being pedantic, that I think the bloke with by far the most important role in N.E. journalism shouldn't write something as cringeworthy as this below? I probably am like, but I'm old fashioned and he makes a mockery of what should be a quality job.

Lee Ryder@lee_ryder

And #nufc fans to Pulis: "You're just a tramp in a tracksuit!" #scfc

Expand

Edited by McFaul

Twitter's definitely complicated matters. Even the most genuinely respected of sports journos seem to descend into slanging matches on there on occasion, especially after a few drinks. Ryder's still a massive fanny, mind.

Am I being pedantic, that I think the bloke with by far the most important role in N.E. journalism shouldn't write something as cringeworthy as this below? I probably am like, but I'm old fashioned and he makes a mockery of what should be a quality job.

Lee Ryder@lee_ryder

And #nufc fans to Pulis: "You're just a tramp in a tracksuit!" #scfc

Expand

Nah Im with you on that, Ryders problem...sorry one of Ryders many problems is that he thinks hes one of the lads "I remember sitting on the away bus in 92 supping White Lightning" being one his more memorable statements. You can imagine him at away games sitting in the press box, joining in with a line or two of "your support is fucking shit" and then expecting a hearty laugh from his fellow journos, who all to a man will be thinking "cock"

And speaking of quality journalism...

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2243241/Joey-Barton-footballs-gay-hero--Martin-Samuel.html

Samuel is a fat toon hating wanker, but I think that's a funny article :lol: Ryder would never write anything like. He's fat, bald, round, arrogant and not funny. Like me minus the bald bit.

Nah Im with you on that, Ryders problem...sorry one of Ryders many problems is that he thinks hes one of the lads "I remember sitting on the away bus in 92 supping White Lightning" being one his more memorable statements. You can imagine him at away games sitting in the press box, joining in with a line or two of "your support is fucking shit" and then expecting a hearty laugh from his fellow journos, who all to a man will be thinking "cock"

:lol: :lol:

You're making the bit in bold up surely?

For the first time in a long while I caught a bit of that journalist show on sky sports on a sunday morning. They're just a higher class set of blaggers, bullshitters and conmen than poor old Lee, but they do pretentious in a way Ryder never could.

Samuel is a fat toon hating wanker, but I think that's a funny article :lol: Ryder would never write anything like. He's fat, bald, round, arrogant and not funny. Like me minus the bald bit.

I had to Google "Lady Bunny". I'm a little bit worried about Samuel now (well, more so than I was generally given his prevailing heart attack risk).

For the first time in a long while I caught a bit of that journalist show on sky sports on a sunday morning. They're just a higher class set of blaggers, bullshitters and conmen than poor old Lee, but they do pretentious in a way Ryder never could.

They all seem utterly miserable as well.

That's spectacularly bigoted even for Martin Samuel! :lol: Doesn't Barton have kids an arl?

I agreed with Lindegard's comments to a point - it would be hard for a gay player in English football given the troglodytic nature of some of the nation's football 'supporters'. The abuse Postma got after the video of his rogering from the missus would probably be par for the course for a gay footballer.

I don't see why a footballer has to spring forth in a feather boa and assume the helm of king of the gay footballers anyway. It's 2012 - no-one should give two shits about whether the guy on a football field likes men or women. It's just a shame that twats like Martin Samuel will be readying their pudgey, webbed fingers to type out all manner of slants when Louis Spence scores against Arsenal.

Samuel's right insofar as you're prepared to give him credit for satirising the fact that any player coming out now would feel more like a publicity stunt than anything else. Snide digs about "being a closeted gay" = "carte blanche for acting like a twat" (for all he'd claim he's referring only to Barton's who-me attitude) suggest that any any such insight was more accidental than intentional though.