The Secret Diary of Lee Ryder (aged 44 and a half)

Craig

In todays chronicle he goes from saying we spent almost £20m in the window to saying we spent £22.5m in the next article. He and the editor there seriously need sacking.

Oh and can I say bring back Stevie. He's hilarious but more importantly he's passionate about the club. The whole argument between him and Ant does neither of them any favours but banning him is a bad move. Leazes I could understand as he derailed every thread arguing how he was right along about Ashley despite no one disagreeing with him, but Stevie adds to the discussions on a number of topics.

In todays chronicle he goes from saying we spent almost £20m in the window to saying we spent £22.5m in the next article. He and the editor there seriously need sacking.

Oh and can I say bring back Stevie. He's hilarious but more importantly he's passionate about the club. The whole argument between him and Ant does neither of them any favours but banning him is a bad move. Leazes I could understand as he derailed every thread arguing how he was right along about Ashley despite no one disagreeing with him, but Stevie adds to the discussions on a number of topics.

Agreed but his goading of Ant was pathetic. Let him back after a week imo.

Agreed but his goading of Ant was pathetic. Let him back after a week imo.

It was but Ant really should be able to be thicker skinned than that. This is an internet message board FFS.

Plus I really don't agree with banning anyone unless they really are to the detriment of the board no matter what anyones personal opinion of them is. Spammers, racists and people like Leazes constantly derailing threads (and even then I'd have Leazes back because, again like Stevie, he is actually a passionate knowledgeable bloke) I can understand but just because one person is slagging another off (no matter who was right or wrong) comes across as a little petty.

Don't argue with Ant he's done nothing to you.

There might come a day when he's banning you.

Don't argue with Ant you'll end up back on twitter.

You flame him on there, he'll take you up the shitter.

So log out of toontastic and do us all a favor.

That argument's lost it's taste so try another flavor.

Ant-banning, Ant-banning, Ant-banning, Ant-banning.

It was but Ant really should be able to be thicker skinned than that. This is an internet message board FFS.

Plus I really don't agree with banning anyone unless they really are to the detriment of the board no matter what anyones personal opinion of them is. Spammers, racists and people like Leazes constantly derailing threads (and even then I'd have Leazes back because, again like Stevie, he is actually a passionate knowledgeable bloke) I can understand but just because one person is slagging another off (no matter who was right or wrong) comes across as a little petty.

Why should he have to put up with it?

I agree Stevie worked his ticket a bit with Ant, however this was after Ant joined in a Stevie/J69 love-in which lets face it, peters out after a few posts of slagging each other. J69 nor Stevie were banned for it but he argues with someone who has the controls and he's out which I don't really think is right. Am no way saying Ant has to be some kind of Terry Waite and turn the other cheek and I can see why he must be getting a bit pissed off with taking the rap for LM's ban*, however, even though he can go a bit OTT he's usually an entertaining poster and has a knowledge which he can share about our club and jog the memories of fellow sufferers like myself and other older sweats. I've no idea what Ant does on this board to run it as I'm a complete knacka when it comes to computers but I'm glad he keeps it going and he has my gratitude. Just let the lad back on though, FFS.

*(I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't have banned him either),

Don't argue with Ant he's done nothing to you.

There might come a day when he's banning you.

Don't argue with Ant you'll end up back on twitter.

You flame him on there, he'll take you up the shitter.

So log out of toontastic and do us all a favor.

That argument's lost it's taste so try another flavor.

Ant-banning, Ant-banning, Ant-banning, Ant-banning.

:lol:

Very good.

Why should he have to put up with it?

I'm not saying he should, the board has a block function does it not? (Semi serious question as I've never used it). And Stevie was hardly chasing him round having a go.

But personally I think I'm perfectly capable of not getting into arguments like that and if I do I can easily walk away from the thread or just ignore it.

You can call me a mug or a coward ;) or whatever and I won't lose any sleep or ask for you to be banned.

I'm certainly not saying Stevie is blameless or anything like that but this place needs as many decent posters as possible (there are plenty of occasions when this place is dead) and I'm also not particularly keen on any censorship or banning if it can be at all avoided and in this occasion is could have been.

I'm not saying he should, the board has a block function does it not? (Semi serious question as I've never used it). And Stevie was hardly chasing him round having a go.

But personally I think I'm perfectly capable of not getting into arguments like that and if I do I can easily walk away from the thread or just ignore it.

You can call me a mug or a coward ;) or whatever and I won't lose any sleep or ask for you to be banned.

I'm certainly not saying Stevie is blameless or anything like that but this place needs as many decent posters as possible (there are plenty of occasions when this place is dead) and I'm also not particularly keen on any censorship or banning if it can be at all avoided and in this occasion is could have been.

Spot on

the only time i've ever agreed with a banning was leazesmag.

stevie has his moments with most of us, but the board is better with him posting.

hasn't done enough to warrant a ban imo

An unfortunate clash of two posters who can't let it lie and who react emotionally when challenged (no offence meant to either of them, it's just a fact).

Stevie has been more or less challenging ant to ban him for months and if he's let back on he'll carry on the same. Pointless unless the two agree to leave it.

An unfortunate clash of two posters who can't let it lie and who react emotionally when challenged (no offence meant to either of them, it's just a fact).

Stevie has been more or less challenging ant to ban him for months and if he's let back on he'll carry on the same. Pointless unless the two agree to leave it.

I agree with the 'challenging' bit, however maybe another neutral mod could step in and warn the protagonists off each other. Has Stevie deteriorated the site to the extent where he needs banned? That was others, (not Ants!) excuse for binning LM. Does Stevie fall into the same category?

I personally dont think Stevie should be banned as he is a laugh if not always on purpose. However he does cross the line into personal abuse way too often and needs to jack that in.

I agree with that. Like I say it's a message board, he really shouldn't be winding himself up into such a state over Ant or anyone else. There are a few posters on here who I generally think talk utter shite or are on the wind up but I really couldn't get myself into a state about them, I just ignore them. Stevie needs to learn to do this tbh.

I agree with the 'challenging' bit, however maybe another neutral mod could step in and warn the protagonists off each other. Has Stevie deteriorated the site to the extent where he needs banned? That was others, (not Ants!) excuse for binning LM. Does Stevie fall into the same category?

That would only have reinforced his belief that all the admins love him and despise Ant.

Anyway, hopefully the ban is only a temporary measure. But when you continually accuse the guy who runs the board of being unable to ban you and then he does you can't complain too much.

Can't they both just have their profiles set to ignore each others posts? At the end of the day they are both good posters and apparently Ant does a lot in the background (that us mortals don't understand) so it's to the boards detriment to lose either of them.

I love a good bitchfest when it's funny. But when it descends into "thisnisnwhy im right and you're wrong" bullet points, I see enough of that shit at work.

If Stevie is to be believed (and he probably isn't :lol: ), the neutral mods were all sending him secret messages of support. The lesson learned from all of this is basically that they should have made me a moderator when they had the chance. You can draw parallels with NUFC's failure to build in the summer. What I'm saying is that we've got a team of Mike Williamsons as moderators.

Love how "easy" going this place is.

However the one thing that can be irritating and get things off-topic is the amount of personal abuse that people hurl at each other. It's only the internet so if people give it out they should be able to take it etc but there's definitely no need for the amount of vitriol directed between some people at times.

You know as soon as certain people have posted something then the next post in the topic will be some abuse directed around for no reason at all.

I love a good bitchfest when it's funny. But when it descends into "thisnisnwhy im right and you're wrong" bullet points, I see enough of that shit at work.

If Stevie is to be believed (and he probably isn't :lol: ), the neutral mods were all sending him secret messages of support. The lesson learned from all of this is basically that they should have made me a moderator when they had the chance. You can draw parallels with NUFC's failure to build in the summer. What I'm saying is that we've got a team of Mike Williamsons as moderators.

You've been a mod before and packed it in. No second chances here ;)