The Secret Diary of Lee Ryder (aged 44 and a half)

Craig

Face Newcastle United press corps? I'd rather go to the dentist, jokes John Carver

16:31, 24 April 2015 By Lee Ryder
John Carver remains upbeat despite the criticism coming his way after Newcastle United's record run of Premier League losses
John Carver tried to lighten the mood at Newcastle United’s weekly Press conference by joking he was looking forward to a trip to the dentist more than facing the Tyneside media corps this week.
Carver has had plenty of stick since being appointed as head coach back in January, with even those journalists who report on his comments sometimes accused of backing the man who has won just twice in 2015.

:lol: :lol:

J'accuse, Lee! Fucking J'accuse!! (It's French, Lee). :good:

John Carver feels that the return of key players can help Newcastle turn the corner

06:30, 25 April 2015 By Lee Ryder
After a torrid spate of injuries at Newcastle United, John Carver is ready to reintroduce three players in the next week or so
John Carver feels his Newcastle team are beyond their lowest point.

hqdefault_zpsq3ndo8nm.jpg

"John Carver feels his Newcastle team are beyond their lowest point."

Edited by Howmanheyman

hqdefault_zpsq3ndo8nm.jpg

"John Carver feels his Newcastle team are beyond their lowest point."

:lol: "I have successfully guided the club to rock bottom. We intend to spend some time here, taking in the sights."

I assume he means in the sense that when you've lost 7 games in a row, what's another defeat between friends?

Edited by Gemmill

This Newcastle United team are the worst in the club's Premier League history

http://t.co/mbZX9hTRPT #NUFC #northeast http://t.co/M5YVIMYVzn

It's still everyone else's fault but not Carvers apparently.

Edit. http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-team-worst-clubs-9124806

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

The players are shit. Mostly championship standard. But Carver made a rod for his own back in January when he said he was happy with the squad and happy letting Santon leave and supported the decision for mbiwa to leave.

Edited by JaMoUsE

The players are shit. Mostly championship standard. But Carver made a rod for his own back in January when he said he was happy with the squad and happy letting Santon leave and supported the decision for mbiwa to leave.

More than happy to badmouth Santon a few weeks ago as well. I fail to have too much sympathy for Charver tbh, he's just Pardew without the (limited) ability and smarm.

:lol: He's fucking incredible, he probably thought he was being all cultured when he wrote that seeing that he spelt Klopp right. Did he bring up that he saw Dortmund play? I didn't bother reading much of the article as I dont want a headache but I'd be shocked if he could resist bragging.

"I never thought back in 1991 that I would end up speaking to him as a journalist while he was manager of Newcastle United!"

I don't think anyone would have ever thought that of either of you two fuckwits Lee!

But those who know Carver, and I guess the same goes for the two lads who went to the training ground today, quickly realise he is a football man who cares deeply about Newcastle United.

Is that enough to be a success at Newcastle?

Maybe not.

:lol: :lol:

a squad that- in my opinion - I dont deem fit for purpose in the Premier League

:lol: That's fucking brilliant, simply saying "a squad that I don't deem fit for purpose" would be enough, the "in my opinion" is completely redundant. Does he proofread? I stopped reading after that as I'm sure that's not the worst of it.

Edited by Howay

a squad that- in my opinion - I dont deem fit for purpose in the Premier League

:lol: That's fucking brilliant, simply saying "a squad that I don't deem fit for purpose" would be enough, the "in my opinion" is completely redundant. Does he proofread? I stopped reading after that as I'm sure that's not the worst of it.

:lol: reminds me of Tony Parsehole in The Viz. "Oh, still got 100 words left. The princess looked really, really, really, really, indescribably, beautiful. She really, really, really did"

Indeed, between chief scout Graham Carr, managing director Lee Charnley and owner Mike Ashley they will decide on what happens next.

:lol: Appalling number of wasted words