The Secret Diary of Lee Ryder (aged 44 and a half)

Craig

Quite clear the Chronicle is in the club's back pocket. There's no coincidence IMO that Oliver 'moved on' so soon after the alleged SJP ban for the EC.

Presumably they're reliant on being the club's propaganda machine to exist although you'd find that suprising as they're effectively the only local rag. I'd have some respect for them if they reported in the interests of the supporters and people of the city rather than in the interests of those running the club.

Few take them seriously as a result - the words of Simon Bird, George Caulkin, etc. are far more realistic (and with the supporter's interests in mind).

If Ashley, Llambias and co. are deadly serious about reaching out to the fans, they'd interact through different avenues than just the EC. One of Llambias's biggest failings in my mind is he doesn't stick himself in front of the camera. Yes, Shepherd did it too much but he's gone the other way. Still sticks in my mind that he never introduced Pardew as the manager. I'm not Pardew's biggest fan, but I think it was an absolute disgrace that he had to do that conference all by himself.

Hilarious that Ryder still doesn't accept the Chronicle is at least kind to the club at the same time as he peddles the line that whatever Sports Direct advertising they want to hoy up is great as it's bringing in money to buy players.

Hilarious that Ryder still doesn't accept the Chronicle is at least kind to the club at the same time as he peddles the line that whatever Sports Direct advertising they want to hoy up is great as it's bringing in money to buy players.

Did he say that?? Ask him on what basis he is saying that on twitter and post him a link to the discussion on it on here.

Did he say that?? Ask him on what basis he is saying that on twitter and post him a link to the discussion on it on here.

He said it on the live chat the other day. I raised the point as a follow up question, funnily enough it didn't make it into the chat.

I may have been unfair. On his webchat the other day

1:57 Lee Ryder: The information is that there will be a brand new sign going up there. But I wouldn't rule out some advertising too, that is unconfirmed. Surely any additional money coming into the club has to be deemed a good thing providing it is going into the team of course.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...72703-29366692/

So, it's a caveat of "providing it does".

But then someone asks....

2:06 [Comment From Ian WatsonIan Watson: ]

Hi Lee... Has anyone confirmed if the NUFC coffers do receive monies from the legal entity that is 'Sports Direct' for the massive amount of advertising they get at SJP? I remember DL saying they were 'trialling' it on top of the stand, but since then do you know if the club see's money for it, and is it what a neutral would consider a fair price?

And Ryder ignores that question.

Guest Your Name Here

1:57 Lee Ryder: The information is that there will be a brand new sign going up there. But I wouldn't rule out some advertising too, that is unconfirmed. Surely any additional money coming into the club has to be deemed a good thing providing it is going into the team of course.

Hi Lee... Has anyone confirmed if the NUFC coffers do receive monies from the legal entity that is 'Sports Direct' for the massive amount of advertising they get at SJP? I remember DL saying they were 'trialling' it on top of the stand, but since then do you know if the club see's money for it, and is it what a neutral would consider a fair price?

I read that the other day and I’m sure the caveat wasn’t there. Can you post edit these webchat things?

Ignoring the question makes the journalist, and paper, complicit imo. Ashley allows him some access (maybe even he is on a bonus scheme too, that is idle speculation) as long as they do not try to open Pandora's Box. These are the questions they should be asking even if it means they get barred. Evening Chronicle Barred from St James' for Seeking the Truth reads a fuck site better "Simpson talks about becoming a new father" things being as they are. But the paper is just trying to survive and as such are prepared to praise Ashley's cock like all the other suckarses in his megalomania.

Pathetic.

If they get barred from SJP, they're fucked. No 'inside info', no 'exclusives' so I understand the need not to batter the club at every opportunity.

The only times they seem prepared to have a pop is either on some poxy blog, or else using the fans to ask the questions.

It's a fine line, but they/he need to grow some bollocks and say what they think. You could see it with Oliver back in the day, Freddy was tossing him little bits of info like a mangey old dog, and in return Oliver asked no tough questions in the paper.

It might just be cos it feels like I'm having my shittest day in the last 12 month, but does anyone else see this picture and gets violent thoughts about the bloke on the left?

chronicle-chief-sports-writer-lee-ryder-presents-joey-barton-with-the-evening-chronicle-player-of-the-year-award-2010-2011-691733405.jpg

That's the Tit giving Barton a DVD of all those cringeworthy blogs he did with Anal Oliver. Luckily for Barton, the Tit forgot to put the DVD in the presentation box.

It might just be cos it feels like I'm having my shittest day in the last 12 month, but does anyone else see this picture and gets violent thoughts about the bloke on the left?

chronicle-chief-sports-writer-lee-ryder-presents-joey-barton-with-the-evening-chronicle-player-of-the-year-award-2010-2011-691733405.jpg

Violence cud stretch till the 2 of them, jb is a dead ringer for Gary Neville in that photo

He dresses like a bamp as well doesn't he. Ye can just imagine his clothing purchases being a 10 minute in and out job at TKMaxx "aye that'll dee 50% off", maybe I'm old fashioned but a hack should look smart like Henry Winter.

He looks like an extra from "the football factory". Proper football hooligan look goin on there, take the bumfluff off joey and he looks like hes just about 2 sit his gcse's

You reckon? More River Island than Stone Island iyam.

He looks like an extra from "the football factory". Proper football hooligan look goin on there, take the bumfluff off joey and he looks like hes just about 2 sit his gcse's

Haha suppose, maybe a slightly gayer dressed football hooligan then. He doesnt look like ur typical journo like

Oliver was one of the ugliest men in Great Britain, but am not kidding you fuckin "Gibbo" was the biggest bamps I've ever seen in an office environment. Like a scarecrow from head to foot. If his suit wasn't ten years old then Ashley's a popular owner.

Might even be one of those chatty CP Miglia snides from a couple years ago knowing him .

Twenty sovs from ebay seller 'RajOvLeicester'

Wasnt there meant to be 15 questions asked to Llambias, which turned to 14 questions?

Wonder if the question that got took out was about the SD signs?