The Secret Diary of Lee Ryder (aged 44 and a half)

Craig

So you're happy to serve as Mike Ashley's loan repayments vehicle? :razz:

I don't understand continuing to hand over your money in these circumstances.

There's a big difference being happy about handing money over to Ashley and doing it because you don't want to let him force you out.

And buying as many pints as you want at the ground won't make any difference at all as he's sold off all of the concessions hasn't he?

Well if it was a simple as that we'd be getting around 20k as we speak. Explain to me how ditching my ST will get rid of him?

Am jealous that youve got ice in your veins,and are a normal functioning grown up adult.

I'm not, and neither are 1000s of others.

I havent given up at either of our last two relegations, or when Freddy Shepherd borrowed millions we didnt have and trousered a large portion of it. I do have time for the ambition he showed but not for the way he went about it, which is as bad as what Ashley is currently doing iyam.

It didn't feel anywhere near as bad because you had hope that we could do something as a club back then. Now the hope is gone. Wednesday was about as unengaged as I'd ever felt at a competetive match because of what he's done with the club.

There's a big difference being happy about handing money over to Ashley and doing it because you don't want to let him force you out.

And buying as many pints as you want at the ground won't make any difference at all as he's sold off all of the concessions hasn't he?

But he isn't trying to force you out. So if your resistance is based on a refusal to be forced out, it's misguided.

What's happening is that he's doing whatever the fuck he likes because he thinks (knows) that he can act with impunity and then just wait for the renewal forms to come flooding back in every summer. I don't think he even doubts the ticket revenues for a second now. Doesn't consider them at risk in the slightest, because he's seen with his own eyes that the people will just keep coming back. What I don't get is why anyone would want to be in that number. That crowd of sheep that, no matter what this dickhead does, can't break the ties.

He's set his stall out for how he's gonna run the club now, there can be no doubt anymore, no expectation or hope that this time the big summer signing will come. That ship has sailed, and he's like "Ok, your move, dickheads." And the overwhelming response is "Well I'm gonna keep going cos it's what I've always done." And it's completely beyond me. It's gone past the "it's because we're better fans than you" bit. You are. That's a given. I'm sure that most of those that are still going think that, and they're absolutely right. But stuff like that shouldn't even matter anymore. What the fuck are you still doing stumping up cash to this arsehole? Whether withdrawing support would make him leave or not. That's irrelevant. He's taking the piss and you're paying for the premium service.

Posted Image

I've got no time for these dickheads tbh. That paper has ran around behind Shepherd and Ashley, lapping at their backsides for years. They don't get to play the local heroes now because they've finally stumbled on some journalistic integrity.

I've got no time for these dickheads tbh. That paper has ran around behind Shepherd and Ashley, lapping at their backsides for years. They don't get to play the local heroes now because they've finally stumbled on some journalistic integrity.

tumblr_m6d6e1RPsQ1qih9gi.gif

John Gibson is the only one I've time for, however it's a current source of showing the owner up so should be used.

But he isn't trying to force you out. So if your resistance is based on a refusal to be forced out, it's misguided.

What's happening is that he's doing whatever the fuck he likes because he thinks (knows) that he can act with impunity and then just wait for the renewal forms to come flooding back in every summer. I don't think he even doubts the ticket revenues for a second now. Doesn't consider them at risk in the slightest, because he's seen with his own eyes that the people will just keep coming back. What I don't get is why anyone would want to be in that number. That crowd of sheep that, no matter what this dickhead does, can't break the ties.

He's set his stall out for how he's gonna run the club now, there can be no doubt anymore, no expectation or hope that this time the big summer signing will come. That ship has sailed, and he's like "Ok, your move, dickheads." And the overwhelming response is "Well I'm gonna keep going cos it's what I've always done." And it's completely beyond me. It's gone past the "it's because we're better fans than you" bit. You are. That's a given. I'm sure that most of those that are still going think that, and they're absolutely right. But stuff like that shouldn't even matter anymore. What the fuck are you still doing stumping up cash to this arsehole? Whether withdrawing support would make him leave or not. That's irrelevant. He's taking the piss and you're paying for the premium service.

I'm not saying he's trying to force anyone out. But what he is doing is forcing people out as a consquence. If you don't want what he's doing to force you out (personally I don't but I can understand why other have done. Although I think with some it's just an excuse when the reality is it's other factors that have had at least as much effect) it still doesn't mean your happy handing over your cash to him. In order to keep doing what you want to do, you have pay him.

John Gibson is the only one I've time for, however it's a current source of showing the owner up so should be used.

Isn't Gibson the editor? If so, surely he's as responsible as anyone for the overwhelmingly positive coverage that both regimes received, at a time when it was crying out for some critical analysis to be applied.

Setting Gibson aside though, they can just fuck off with this stance. This has happened to them by accident, and because of an overreaction from the club, not because they've been taking a principled stand for what's right. Ryder giving it the full Che Guevara off the back of this is too ridiculous for words.

I'm not saying he's trying to force anyone out. But what he is doing is forcing people out as a consquence. If you don't want what he's doing to force you out (personally I don't but I can understand why other have done. Although I think with some it's just an excuse when the reality is it's other factors that have had at least as much effect) it still doesn't mean your happy handing over your cash to him. In order to keep doing what you want to do, you have pay him.

Listen, it's your money, and you can spend it however you please. But if you're not happy handing it over, you should really think about stopping.

There's 3 choices given these next few games are televised

1.) Go and let everyone know how you feel shouting,singing,bedsheets whatever it takes.

2.) Don't bother going and show an empty ground for the tv camera's.

Either of those 2 choice's Ashley won't like.

3.) Just keep going and shut up moaning when Ashley gives it to you up the arse because he loves you.

Isn't Gibson the editor? If so, surely he's as responsible as anyone for the overwhelmingly positive coverage that both regimes received, at a time when it was crying out for some critical analysis to be applied.

Setting Gibson aside though, they can just fuck off with this stance. This has happened to them by accident, and because of an overreaction from the club, not because they've been taking a principled stand for what's right. Ryder giving it the full Che Guevara off the back of this is too ridiculous for words.

Gibson is no fan of Ashley but don't think he plays a big role anymore other than a weekly column. Anyway, Although I agree with your chronicle assessment, (it isn't just football where they've had their bellies tickled by outside business), this banning should be jumped on as well as the Nust's KB for the fans forum. Anything that shines a light on our owner is ok by me as you'll still have dickheads like Steve mcmanaman claiming we're unhappy as Ashley won't spend £100M of his own money.

Gibson is no fan of Ashley but don't think he plays a big role anymore other than a weekly column. Anyway, Although I agree with your chronicle assessment, (it isn't just football where they've had their bellies tickled by outside business), this banning should be jumped on as well as the Nust's KB for the fans forum. Anything that shines a light on our owner is ok by me as you'll still have dickheads like Steve mcmanaman claiming we're unhappy as Ashley won't spend £100M of his own money.

He is a cunt that bloke, ugly as well. Represents his city well.

Agreed. Although I do agree with HMHM's point that any attacks against Ashley is a good thing, even when it's coming from a former Ashley groveler. What a shite situation it is tbh, I can see Gemmill's point about not going and the points the lads that still go make, if I still lived back home I'd have a rough time making the choice too as I love going to the match but he really is openly taking the piss knowing most will still turn up. My dad packed going in a year or so after I moved away as he's completely disillusioned with what Ashley is doing and it makes me furious knowing Ashley has done that, a bloke from Benwell that went to nearly all home and away fixtures (excluding most euro away ones due to money) before I was born and every home game and the odd away before I moved countries. A few of his mates that have always went have started packing it in as well, it's a real shame to see such apathy forming in what Stevie and a few have labelled the more hardcore fans. Just praying that he sells up asap.

Is that not Oliver you're on about or is Gibson one too? :lol:

Oliver is from Consett where they all look inbred, Gibson from Gatesheed where they're all pissheeds, and McManaman (who I was on about) from Liverpool where they're nearly all twats. They all fit their areas well.

Even if the gates dropped 10k, it would barely register. The big money is in the TV rights and as long as we're in the PL that will keep rolling in. The natives might be getting sick of it, but the foreign markets are lapping it up with glee.

Blame Sky.

There appears to be another article in the Times about us today written by Oliver Kay....anyone got a subscription?.... Fish?

Looks like they're making a concerted effort to get banned too. Soon Pardew won't need to bother with a press conference, there will be no fucker there to listen to the latest excuses :glare:

There's 3 choices given these next few games are televised

1.) Go and let everyone know how you feel shouting,singing,bedsheets whatever it takes.

2.) Don't bother going and show an empty ground for the tv camera's.

Either of those 2 choice's Ashley won't like.

3.) Just keep going and shut up moaning when Ashley gives it to you up the arse because he loves you.

This

Regardless of whether the papers were on board or not or whether the journos have arrived late at the party, I really don't care - having them on the side of the fans now is far better than not and as fans we need as much help as we can get. We've known for a long time that Ashley is a scumbag with no interest in the club or any part of it and it's following, if the papers are finally with us it may just be the coverage and rallying point the local populace needs to organize some proper anti-Ashley work. Stop the sniping of potential allies and concentrate on the real enemy of Newcastle United = Mike Ashley.

Regardless of whether the papers were on board or not or whether the journos have arrived late at the party, I really don't care - having them on the side of the fans now is far better than not and as fans we need as much help as we can get. We've known for a long time that Ashley is a scumbag with no interest in the club or any part of it and it's following, if the papers are finally with us it may just be the coverage and rallying point the local populace needs to organize some proper anti-Ashley work. Stop the sniping of potential allies and concentrate on the real enemy of Newcastle United = Mike Ashley.

I agree with this almost entirely. I do think that the local press coverage on Newcastle is of a fairly poor standard mind you, but they should be aligned with the fans.

Edited by Rayvin