Xbox or PS3

Kevin

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go find a HMV or somewhere with the consoles out so you can have a good feel of the pads and see which you prefer, not a lot between the consoles but I much prefer the Xbox pad. Makes more of a difference than you might expect.

Games wise there's little difference between them really as most games seem to be multiplatform these days, but have a look on metacritic at the top rated games for each of them and see which has more exclusives that take your fancy.

As said though, if you haven't got BR player yet it might make more sense to kill two birds with one stone.

Ive played extensively on both when living with housemates who have had them. tbh, i love them both. I think im going to have a deek in gamestation today and get some figures down. Also, i was thinking about going to have a look in CEX on pilgrim street. Ive bought loads of dvds from there, but not 100% about buying a console, although i do hear that you can buy a years warranty on it as well... has anyone had any experience with this?

cex give you a years warranty iirc

i've both and my ps3 is a glorified Blu-ray player at the best of times, and with more of the Cinavia crap it doesn't even stream things that well now.

XBOX is much better imo especially if you like buying those games through it's marketplace, considerably better selection. ,if you have a blu-ray player def not a ps3

(if you don't even a £50-60 player and an xbox is prob better option)

each to their own though

Yeah, but DEADMAN likes PS3

well i thought i did like xbox when i first got it but it became so annoying red ring annoying little kids online stupid subscriptions of 39.99 every year also microsoft points etc

cex give you a years warranty iirc

i've both and my ps3 is a glorified Blu-ray player at the best of times, and with more of the Cinavia crap it doesn't even stream things that well now.

XBOX is much better imo especially if you like buying those games through it's marketplace, considerably better selection. ,if you have a blu-ray player def not a ps3

(if you don't even a £50-60 player and an xbox is prob better option)

each to their own though

Ditto.

The whole layout of the Xbox is better and more user friendly, everything just seems easier when your on the dashboard. I've noticed a massive difference in the wifi speeds also as my PS3 is very very slow at downloading. For some reason it is near impossible to use a debit/credit card on the PS3 also which I can't work out.

• 2 weeks later...