Time to get your Vuvuzelas bought...

Craig

What a bunch of fucking idiots! Why not tell the crowd to keep the noise down whilst they're at it? :lol:

Tottenham impose vuvuzela ban at White Hart Lane

Tottenham have become the first Premier League club to ban vuvuzelas from their ground on match days.

The plastic horns, popular with football fans at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, have already been banned by some Football League clubs.

In a statement, Spurs said the decision had been made after undergoing discussions with the police and the local licensing authorities.

They club also suggested the noise could pose risks to public safety.

"We are concerned that the presence of the instruments within the stadium pose unnecessary risks and could impact on the ability of all supporters to hear any emergency safety announcements," read the statement on the club's official website.

"We are very proud of the fantastic atmosphere that our supporters produce organically at White Hart Lane and we are all very much looking forward to this continuing into the forthcoming season."

The Premier League has refused to implement a widespread ban, stating that "such matters are dealt with at club level".

Following their widespread use during the World Cup in South Africa, retailers across Britain have being selling vuvuzelas in anticipation of their popularity.

However, the horns have been heavily criticised by players and fans alike with many suggesting they are tuneless and block out singing and chanting.

The All England Club banned the instrument from this summer's Wimbledon, amidst fears that they could spoil the event.

Similarly, a spokesman for Henley Royal Regatta stated that vuvuzelas were on a list of items which would not be allowed within the enclosures or the boat tent area.

The England and Wales Cricket Board has said that each Test venue would be able to decide its policy on which items could be admitted.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...pur/8836166.stm

Think i'd stopping watching Football if they made their way over here. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I can't fucking stand the things but banning them is courting trouble.

Don't get me wrong, I can't fucking stand the things but banning them is courting trouble.

Don't see why its courting trouble, letting people in with them would be more of a risk imo. If anyone stands next to me at the match blowing one of those fucking things I'm libel to ram it up their arse.

Don't see why its courting trouble, letting people in with them would be more of a risk imo. If anyone stands next to me at the match blowing one of those fucking things I'm libel to ram it up their arse.

Same here. But it's the age-old thing isn't it? Ban something and certain sections will go all out to break the rules.

It's a fad that'll grow out much like that crazy carry on with inflatable bananas/fish/brown ale bottles from about 20 years ago. They talked about banning them too IIRC.

Same here. But it's the age-old thing isn't it? Ban something and certain sections will go all out to break the rules.

It's a fad that'll grow out much like that crazy carry on with inflatable bananas/fish/brown ale bottles from about 20 years ago. They talked about banning them too IIRC.

There was a reason why they wanted to ban the bananas tbf. Although the City fans (where it all started) did have a supposedly innocent explanation for them to do with Imre Varadi, although it didnt make much sense at all.

There was a reason why they wanted to ban the bananas tbf. Although the City fans (where it all started) did have a supposedly innocent explanation for them to do with Imre Varadi, although it didnt make much sense at all.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/foot...they.4840798.jp

Loved by supporters wherever he went, Varadi's ultimate claim to fame perhaps lies in creating a terrace 'monster', namely the inflatable craze in the late 1980s – helping to put the fun back into the game when hooliganism and Heysel were still deep scars on the soccer landscape.

So while he may not go down in the annals of footballing greats – the name of Imre Varadi will forever be etched into footballing folklore.

Varadi said: "I remember running out at Manchester City and someone threw a banana and just called me 'Imre Banana! It didn't even rhyme with my name and had nothing to do what was down my trousers!

"The inflatable craze just swept the country and there was a banana craze. After that, it was hammers for West Ham fans and canaries for Norwich fans.

"I actually went onto the 'I Love the 70s, 80s and 90s' programme aired on BBC2 (last year) about the banana craze and I still see the odd one at grounds. It's nice to be remembered!"

:lol:

They are the worst noise i have ever heard and totally destroy the atmosphere of the game (yes i know youre thinking what atmosphere?)

But i am TOTALLY 100% in favour of a ban and while we are at it i would ban the flashing / chasing ad boards as well even on TV they distract you from watching the game.

Best quote about the vuvuzellas was from a mate of mine who said they drown out all the shouts of Didnt you see that ref you must be F*****G blind.

They are the worst noise i have ever heard and totally destroy the atmosphere of the game (yes i know youre thinking what atmosphere?)

But i am TOTALLY 100% in favour of a ban and while we are at it i would ban the flashing / chasing ad boards as well even on TV they distract you from watching the game.

Best quote about the vuvuzellas was from a mate of mine who said they drown out all the shouts of Didnt you see that ref you must be F*****G blind.

Nay shit

i bought one when we played barca away, no idea where it is now, might get on to mam and dad to find it

Banned from St James'?

I thought thhey were waiting to see if there was any need to.

Obviously jumping on the bandwagon. I'm with Blackpool on this one - should be free reign, people will soon get bored of them / people having a go at them.

Dont get banning them like. Sure enough if there was a bloke next to me with one Id likely stuff a pie in it, but what next? dont shout too loudly?

I agree. Definitely shouldn't ban them. Should be good fun seein' anyone dare to play one getting t****d

Why the fuck is that your avatar, rare chap. :D

Totally in favour of a ban, they're incredibly annoying and destroy any atmosphere completely. We want a real atmosphere generated by singing/chanting not a bunch of monotone horns droning away non stop.