Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye true Ant but its L'equipe not NOTW.

are they quite reputable then?

I would say they were reputable definitely. Doubt he would choose us anyway even if it is true but if he has been shite and falling out with Deschamps then maybe the asking price isnt that high?

Getting serious now between Newcastle and Ben Arfa. Newcastle representatives will be at Marseille's training camp tomorrow to discuss a transfer/loan deal. Marseille want to sell as they have to sell to buy and they know they won't be able to get back the 12M€ they paid Lyon 2 years ago, their most optimistic estimation is 8M€. If a loan takes place then Newcastle would take in charge the whole salary of Ben Arfa.

To be continued tomorrow then...

This has just been posted on another football forum i frequent. The poster is a french lad but still I don't know how reliable it is if it's true at all. But I think the french believe we are really serious about Ben Arfa!

Edited by Marko

Guest Gordon McKeag
We have no chance in fucking hell of signing Ben Arfa, as much as i love newcastle and have blind biased faith in us at times, why on gods earth would a decent player like that want anywhere near us.

Signings like this are a thing of the past unfortunately :icon_lol:

Houghton already said

"I read about Ben Arfa. He is a cracking player and it's nice to see us linked with him, but there has been absolutely no contact there whatsoever."

Ant he would've crawled a million miles over broken glass to play for us 6 or 7 years ago pal. Exactly the type of signing we should be making imo.

From the Sunday Sun today:

Newcastle continue to be linked with French international Hatem Ben Arfa, but the Marseille star’s agent, Frederic Guerra, last night reiterated that he has had no contact from any English club.

Meanwhile, the Magpies look set to offer Geordie legend Peter Beardsley a senior coaching role, according to sources.

Newcastle have been a coach light since the summer departure of reserve-team boss Alan Thompson,

Serbian centre-back Vujadin Savic has revealed that he could have joined Newcastle rather than sign for Bordeaux from Red Star Belgrade this week.

The 20-year-old says he spent three days on trial at United, and insists that Hughton remained interested in him this summer.

“There were several clubs that were interested, including Newcastle and Manchester City,” said Savic. “Besides, I spent three days in Newcastle last winter.

“But I chose to join the Girondins (Bordeaux), because I know the values of the club and have confidence in (coach) Jean Tigana.”

Left the other bits in because they were vaguely interesting.

The future of Hatem Ben Arfa to play Monday in part, to the training center of the OM. The team announced on Sunday because that representatives from Newcastle United, promoted to the Premier League, will travel in Marseille to negotiate the arrival of former Lyonnais in the Magpies. Ce pourrait être un prêt, l'OM ayant assoupli sa position alors qu'il ne voulait pas entendre parler d'autre chose que d'un transfert il ya peu. This might be a loan, the OM has softened his position when he did not hear anything other than a transfer recently. Aligné en deuxième mi-temps face à Catane samedi en amical (2-0), Ben Arfa sait que Didier Deschamps ne compte pas sur lui. Align the second half against Catania on Saturday friendly (2-0), Ben Arfa know that Didier Deschamps not count on him. Il lui a constamment préféré Jordan Ayew lors des matches de préparation, et cette situation devrait empirer puisque son frère André, auteur d'une bonne Coupe du monde avec le Ghana, est de nouveau en condition de jouer. He has always preferred Jordan Ayew during warm-up matches, and this situation will get worse as his brother Andrew, author of a good World Cup with Ghana, is again in condition to play. L'heure semble donc venue de quitter Marseille pour celui qui était arrivé il ya deux ans contre douze millions d'euros en provenance de l'OL. The time seems to come to leave Marseille for the one who had arrived two years ago against twelve million euros from Lyon.

«Hatem est à un tournant de sa carrière. "Hatem is a turning point in his career. Son choix sera sportif et uniquement sportif.» (Michel Ouazine, conseiller du joueur) His choice will be sports and only sports. "(Michel Ouazine, adviser to the player)

Les dirigeants olympiens ont évidemment fait le deuil de ce chiffre, et savent qu'ils ne vendront pas Hatem Ben Arfa plus de huit millions d'euros cet été. Leaders Olympians have obviously made the grief of this number, and know they will not sell Hatem Ben Arfa more than eight million euros this summer. Un moindre mal, puisque s'il quittait la Canebière l'an prochain, il n'aurait qu'à faire jouer sa clause de stabilité pour quitter l'OM en échange de ... A lesser evil, because if he left the Canebière next year, he had only to play its stability clause to exit the OM in exchange ... trois millions d'euros. three million euros. Malgré les apparences, il est donc également en position de force. Despite appearances, it is also in a position of strength. Alors, au moment de choisir entre les prétendants (Newcastle, Werder Brême, Galatasaray), seul l'aspect sportif devrait guider Ben Arfa. So, when choosing between suitors (Newcastle, Werder Bremen, Galatasaray), only the sporting aspect should guide Ben Arfa. C'est en tout cas ce que confirme son conseiller, Michel Ouazine, dans L'Equipe : «Hatem est à un tournant de sa carrière. In any case, this confirms that his adviser, Michael Ouazine, in L'Equipe: "Hatem is at a crossroads in his career. Son choix sera sportif et uniquement sportif. His choice will be sports and only sports. Hatem peut très bien rester à l'OM. Hatem may very well stay at Marseille. Il ne peut pas partir à l'aventure.» Jordan Ayew, Mamadou Niang et Brandao suspendus face au PSG mercredi, pour le Tophée des Champions, Ben Arfa pourrait avoir une dernière occasion de briller sous le maillot de l'OM. He can not go on an adventure. "Ayew Jordan, Mamadou Niang and Brandao suspended to PSG on Wednesday for the Champions Tophée Ben Arfa could have one last chance to shine playing for Marseille. Pour partir sur une bonne note ? To leave on a good note?

Translated the link above.

Can't say I've got much hope even if he does come.

I know he was meant to have potential but considering he's supposedly been playing shite the last thing he needs is a relegation battle, especially in a new and tougher league. :unsure:

Can't say I've got much hope even if he does come.

I know he was meant to have potential but considering he's supposedly been playing shite the last thing he needs is a relegation battle, especially in a new and tougher league. :unsure:

last I heard he was playing well, helped Marseille win the league and narrowly missed out on making the world cup squad.

really seems too good to be true tbh, he's supposed to be a bit of a nutter though so him and Joey should get on well

and Carroll, we could be heading towards a Royal Rumble here soon.