Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had a good feeling about this from the moment I saw it in l'equipe. Very very pleased and should mean extra interest in us over here, which i will obviously enjoy. Is it confirmed anywhere yet? On a train for next 4 hours.

Now if we signed Boateng, I reckon that would be a very decent window for us.

We aren't even close to signing him yet. A fee has just been agreed with Marseille, that is all. This has to agree terms, pass his medical et al.

Have you been following the story at all? He's desperate to come to England so I can't see terms taking too long to be sorted.

Who's to say a club in a much better state doesn't also agree a fee with Marseille in the next few days?

Have had a good feeling about this from the moment I saw it in l'equipe. Very very pleased and should mean extra interest in us over here, which i will obviously enjoy. Is it confirmed anywhere yet? On a train for next 4 hours.

We aren't even close to signing him yet. A fee has just been agreed with Marseille, that is all. Still has to agree terms, pass his medical et al.

The loan agreement was the major stumbling block surely. Fair enough, he hasn't signed but it seems like a formality to me. He obviously fancies the move here otherwise he'd be speaking to Hoffenheim or whoever, given I'm sure his club would have preferred an immediate sale rather than a loan. FOA.

We aren't even close to signing him yet. A fee has just been agreed with Marseille, that is all. This has to agree terms, pass his medical et al.

Have you been following the story at all? He's desperate to come to England so I can't see terms taking too long to be sorted.

Who's to say a club in a much better state doesn't also agree a fee with Marseille in the next few days?

Better clubs than us have come in and time and again, he's said he wants a move to England.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

We aren't even close to signing him yet. A fee has just been agreed with Marseille, that is all. Still has to agree terms, pass his medical et al.

The loan agreement was the major stumbling block surely. Fair enough, he hasn't signed but it seems like a formality to me. He obviously fancies the move here otherwise he'd be speaking to Hoffenheim or whoever, given I'm sure his club would have preferred an immediate sale rather than a loan. FOA.

He's as good as signed, people saying there's terms to be discussed are only saying it cos they have nothing else to say.

Better clubs than us have come in and time and again, he's said he wants a move to England.

I meant from England.

He's as good as signed, people saying there's terms to be discussed are only saying it cos they have nothing else to say.

Don't put the mockers on it!

Guest Tuco Ramirez

The only way it won't go through is if he's a cripple and nothing in his career so far suggests he is. You summed it up well re Hoffenheim, this time next week loads of Scotswood scruffs will be on the number 1 bus with 22 BEN ARFA on their backs.

The only way it won't go through is if he's a cripple and nothing in his career so far suggests he is. You summed it up well re Hoffenheim, this time next week loads of Scotswood scruffs will be on the number 1 bus with 22 BEN ARFA on their backs.

FFS man, what've I just said?

:D

Guest Tuco Ramirez

FFS man, what've I just said?

Well did you not see them kids with toon tops with 7 BECKHAM on :D

first exciting signing (if it comes off) of the summer.

sign of the times that it's a loan but at least we can still attract that class of player.

we love an equally talented and frustrating french winger here at the toon. bring him on.

one or two more like this and suddenly things don't look quite so gloomy

Thrilled with this signing (disclaimer: if it goes through.) Win-win situation: if he's good, we've agreed a price already so Marseille can't jack it up; if he's shite, we send him back.

Can't think of any others atm - will he be the first arab to play for NUFC?

Thrilled with this signing (disclaimer: if it goes through.) Win-win situation: if he's good, we've agreed a price already so Marseille can't jack it up; if he's shite, we send him back.

he was born in Paris...

Watching that compilation it looks like we've signed another Guttierez.

Can't shoot and can't cross but runs like the clappers and wins free kickks.

Which is why you should stick to general chat.

I stopped watching it 5 minutes in after seeing only one assist and one goal. I thought youtube was supposed to oversell players.

Edited by Happy Face

he was born in Paris...

So?

looking at his stats (you love those HF) its not the case hes been getting a reasonable number of goals and assists

He is?

In 178 appearances he's scored 26 and supplied 19.

A goal or an assist every 4 games.

He might be mint. I've got nowt to base it on personally. Just saying what my uninformed first impressions are.

he might turn out to be the next robert or ginola. equally, he could be the next luque or xisco, who knows?

it's encouraging though that we're in for a player who was recently on the fringes of the french world cup and was previously sold for £10m+. don't think anyone expected us to pay the required fee or wages to be in the mix for that type of player, so that alone is encouraging.

Edited by Dr Gloom

looking at his stats (you love those HF) its not the case hes been getting a reasonable number of goals and assists

He is?

In 178 appearances he's scored 26 and supplied 19.

A goal or an assist every 4 games.

He might be mint. I've got nowt to base it on personally. Just saying what my uninformed first impressions are.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats...340&cc=5739

looking through his last few seasons yes he has, certainly compared to jonas

We've had so much success with French whingers I'm mean wingers in the past I'm sure this one will be just as successful.

How is old Charlie boy doing these day didn't he leave to join a big club like Arsenal

We've had so much success with French whingers I'm mean wingers in the past I'm sure this one will be just as successful.

How is old Charlie boy doing these day didn't he leave to join a big club like Arsenal

we can hardly mock him tbh, had his best individual season since coming to england last year, france callup (i know there are odd circumstances) and he stayed in the PL while we didnt