Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

Nolan and Smith :lol:

Both too slow and cumbersome to be playing. Nolan would work if you're getting a lot of set pieces and he's sniffing around, or if he's played in behind two forwards looking to pickup scraps with not much of a defensive onus, otherwise he's rather useless IMO. Smith is pretty much just useless, not quick enough to break up opposing teams play, doesn't read the game well, makes brash challenges, adds absolutely nothing to our attack and often turns the ball over. Guthrie is no World beater but he at least add a dimension to our attack going forward, can score the odd goal, decent at set pieces and is an ok long passer. Generally values posession.

I can tell already that Hughton persisting with Nolan and Smith is going to be a bugbear for me this season. It was that kind of attitude with players like Butt that helped to seal our relegation fate in 08/09.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen to that. CH won't drop them though because of his 'safety first' mindset and because they're senior players. Our best hope is if one (or both) pick up injuries. I said before this game that MUFC's pacy players would run rings round us and sadly that was what happened. Surely CH can see this, it's totally fecking obvious.

If we sign HBA I wonder if we'll drop one of them at least? Probably not away from home....

Amen to that. CH won't drop them though because of his 'safety first' mindset and because they're senior players. Our best hope is if one (or both) pick up injuries. I said before this game that MUFC's pacy players would run rings round us and sadly that was what happened. Surely CH can see this, it's totally fecking obvious.

If we sign HBA I wonder if we'll drop one of them at least? Probably not away from home....

Fucking Scholes ran rings around Smith, Barton and Nolan - the pacy players were taking it easy.

Dodgy Google transation of French newspaper, written 53 minutes ago:

Announced rates have on what to nourish the cogitation of the Olympian leaders. Yesterday, these again met, in the office of the club, to study the main files of a mercato which did not advance to the paces discounted until now. But maneuvers are going to accelerate. It's high time considering sports situation (18th after two defeats during the first two days) and of an enrollment who frays dangerously. Mamadou Niang is in Istanbul; Hatem Ben Arfa, shone, follows his strike of training and will not come back certainly any more in the Olympian group. OM and representatives of the player are working at finding an exit which can be suitable for both parties. In one go, of an only one, it is therefore whole section of the attack that evaporated. In these conditions, OM does not have the choice anymore: he must recruit consequently.

Dodgy Google transation of French newspaper, written 53 minutes ago:
Announced rates have on what to nourish the cogitation of the Olympian leaders. Yesterday, these again met, in the office of the club, to study the main files of a mercato which did not advance to the paces discounted until now. But maneuvers are going to accelerate. It's high time considering sports situation (18th after two defeats during the first two days) and of an enrollment who frays dangerously. Mamadou Niang is in Istanbul; Hatem Ben Arfa, shone, follows his strike of training and will not come back certainly any more in the Olympian group. OM and representatives of the player are working at finding an exit which can be suitable for both parties. In one go, of an only one, it is therefore whole section of the attack that evaporated. In these conditions, OM does not have the choice anymore: he must recruit consequently.

when you say dodgy, you mean fucking shit

Its not looking good. Just read L'equipe that Marseille are interested in swapping HBA for Huntelaar. But if HBA is that set on Newcastle like he has claimed for the past week and a half then he would turn down the move to Milan.

no news is bad news here. who the fuck are we going to sign if this falls through? i'm predicting a last minute panic buy a'la sibierski/rossi

Like i said, if he is that set on Newcastle like he claimed in his outbursts against L'OM then he will turn down the offer to go to Milan, otherwise if he doesn't then all his embarrasing outbursts have been for nothing, coming to newcastle on a plane for nothing.

no news is bad news here. who the fuck are we going to sign if this falls through? i'm predicting a last minute panic buy a'la sibierski/rossi

Like i said, if he is that set on Newcastle like he claimed in his outbursts against L'OM then he will turn down the offer to go to Milan, otherwise if he doesn't then all his embarrasing outbursts have been for nothing, coming to newcastle on a plane for nothing.

rubbish, he wants out of L'OM and wants the PL but if thats not forthcoming because of either us or them arsing about right up to deadline day then do you think he wont go anywhere else?

You would think one of the top 8 would have chucked an offer in if he was actually any good.

its the attitude though, and the fact they probably wouldnt be interested in the loan to buy format but find 8mil slightly prohibitive

then you think

spurs, havent spent this summer

villa, same

everton, same

liverpool, dont have any money left

manu/arse/chelsea dont need him they have better

Edited by Andrew