Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Really pleased with this and dont forget he wanted to sign for us - that has to be a positive sign.

Good lass.

:calmdown: Most skillful player this clubs had since Peter BEARDSLEY :( CT you can pipe down now though, not impressed by Ashley at all he's still a FCB.

Used the "pipe down" phrase on our lass last night ( after a few beers). She wasn't impressed.

You shouldn't do that to your lass ffs. Pipe down is the nearest thing you can get to "fuckin shut up you total nobhead" without swearing. Hence why I say it to you a lot.

Really pleased with this and dont forget he wanted to sign for us - that has to be a positive sign.

Good lass.

:( Most skillful player this clubs had since Peter BEARDSLEY :blush: CT you can pipe down now though, not impressed by Ashley at all he's still a FCB.

Used the "pipe down" phrase on our lass last night ( after a few beers). She wasn't impressed.

You shouldn't do that to your lass ffs. Pipe down is the nearest thing you can get to "fuckin shut up you total nobhead" without swearing. Hence why I say it to you a lot.

:calmdown:

Very happy that we have him on a long term deal and hope he is 100% when he comes back, gonna look forward to watching him again

If we can get another couple in and fuck off Smith,Pearch and Best off then a pretty good window, Oh and obviously hang onto the big lad

Good lass.

:( Most skillful player this clubs had since Peter BEARDSLEY :blush: CT you can pipe down now though, not impressed by Ashley at all he's still a FCB.

:calmdown:

Good lass.

Not a term of endearment then. :calmdown:

Very happy that we have him on a long term deal and hope he is 100% when he comes back, gonna look forward to watching him again

If we can get another couple in and fuck off Smith,Pearch and Best off then a pretty good window, Oh and obviously hang onto the big lad

That's what I'm looking for.

With what they've said about signing Ban Arfa they can't turn around now and sell Carroll without looking like bullshit merchants.

Whether or not they care is what we'll find out. Signing Ben Arfa to a permanent deal is a good move and a good sign that there is intent to improve the team. I'm still worried that everything they do is down with the intention of being able to sell down the track. A couple of good seasons from Ben Arfa and I could see him being sold on for a profit.

Class signing, genuinely chuffed with it. But, where does he play? On the left? Behind Carroll? Really, a player this good is one you build things around but it's interesting to wonder where he'll fit in with how we play.

That's a valid question. I'd have him play off Carroll as we've not got any other viable options up front. Has the skill and pace to beat a man, and should find plenty of space to run into off Carroll. Out wide we may not see enough ball go through him to fully utilise his ability.

Class signing, genuinely chuffed with it. But, where does he play? On the left? Behind Carroll? Really, a player this good is one you build things around but it's interesting to wonder where he'll fit in with how we play.

That's a valid question. I'd have him play off Carroll as we've not got any other viable options up front. Has the skill and pace to beat a man, and should find plenty of space to run into off Carroll. Out wide we may not see enough ball go through him to fully utilise his ability.

I'd play him off CarrolL, but essentially give him license to do what he wants, and then have Gutierrez, Tiote, Nolan and Barton across the midfield.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Earning about the same as S.Taylor apparently.

Sounds plausible. Just go to show how much shite the papers talk for no reason. Mind when the deal was scuppered cos he wanted in excess of 80k a week. Doils.

With what they've said about signing Ban Arfa they can't turn around now and sell Carroll without looking like bullshit merchants.

Whether or not they care is what we'll find out. Signing Ben Arfa to a permanent deal is a good move and a good sign that there is intent to improve the team. I'm still worried that everything they do is down with the intention of being able to sell down the track. A couple of good seasons from Ben Arfa and I could see him being sold on for a profit.

tbf even if they do its still good business and one that Id rather we did than not buy him at all. The problem we have is that a player of his potential will not want to stay at a club that doesnt match his ability. The kid clearly has what it takes to play in the CL and he'll want to do that, as will Carroll and any other youngster with the necessary ability.

I reckon his best position is behind a lone front man but given license to wander.

oh and................................... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo::calmdown::(:blush::wank::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :nufc: :nufc: :nufc: :nufc:

Edited by AgentAxeman