Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

Returning to training at Newcastle the 4th apparently. He will probably make some of the last games then. I am gonna be shitting it every time someone comes near him with a tackle.

Not as much as he will :lol:

To be fair if his recovery is anything like Valencia's at Man U (who had a worse break) then he should be OK.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Returning to training at Newcastle the 4th apparently. He will probably make some of the last games then. I am gonna be shitting it every time someone comes near him with a tackle.

Not as much as he will :lol:

To be fair if his recovery is anything like Valencia's at Man U (who had a worse break) then he should be OK.

Henrik Larssonn (sp) came back canny well also.

"Next season? He will play a central role in our attacking line. I want to use him as a playmaker, a number 10, just behind one forward.

"I am convinced he is able to score between 10 and 15 goals a season."

AKA we'll sign one striker and we'll be happy with that.

"Next season? He will play a central role in our attacking line. I want to use him as a playmaker, a number 10, just behind one forward.

"I am convinced he is able to score between 10 and 15 goals a season."

AKA we'll sign one striker and we'll be happy with that.

Maybe we wont even buy a striker and keep it as it is.

Shola or best as the target man and barfa in behind, lovendkrands, ranger, vuckic and airey all as back up.

yup i can see that happening

"we've give leon and shola new deals! it's like having a new signing" some old rhetoric

For all with barfa back in the side our strikeforce would be better than it is now and tbh to best he deserves more of a chance. Hes done alrite, Shola does a job as he showed yesterday.

Id still want to loan out ranger and get rid of lovenkrands and bring in 2 more strikers but i dont see that happenin tbh.

Shola does enough of a job to save his arse when the time comes, hes from from reliable or consistent enough

It's 1 in 30matches i'd say where people aren't slating his ability/effort etc.

Agreed.

If we could get someone in like derdiyok and play barfa behind then that would be lethal. Id be happy with that a use Shola and Best as backup/rotation players.

Maybe one new striker would be enough so long as he was quality.

But if he got injured then thats the point of having shola and best as backup.

Derdiyok, Barfa, Shola, Best and Vuckic would do imo.

Why is Vuckic not gettin a chance anyways?

I wanted to ask AP that on the phone in.

I imagine they should get some run-outs toward the end of the season. They see more of him than us so there's every chance he's not progressing how we'd like.

Yeah maybe...shame, from what iv seen of him i thought he looked good, bags of potential.

Ranger needs to be down the Championship for a season as well IMO.

Without question. He has some ability/potential, call it what you will, but he has seemingly no composure or ability to think at the moment and needs a run of games over a season to see if that devlops. He had another chance yesterday where the keeper was way out of his goal and all he had to do was keep clam, look up and curl the ball over the keeper into the empty net, but he ended up on his arse having snatched at the shot and fell over, hitting it way too high.

A season of playing regularly will show us what he is capable of and hopefully at the end of it we'll have a player good enough for the prem.

Without question. He has some ability/potential, call it what you will, but he has seemingly no composure or ability to think at the moment and needs a run of games over a season to see if that devlops. He had another chance yesterday where the keeper was way out of his goal and all he had to do was keep clam, look up and curl the ball over the keeper into the empty net, but he ended up on his arse having snatched at the shot and fell over, hitting it way too high.

A season of playing regularly will show us what he is capable of and hopefully at the end of it we'll have a player good enough for the prem.

Agreed.

I wouldnt send him to a club in london though...the boys a bit of a tool.

Id ask clarky if he'd take him at huddersfield.

Thought Vuckic was injured?

Aye Vuckic was injured for a few month or so, but we need 2 new strikers in to freshen it up upfront, we can't go through another season risking scoring goals on Shola and Best, no way will they carry it on for a whole season, and Vuckic will need a few games out on loan before we throw hin into the first team

I used to think this, but he's been a really good impact sub.

If he did go out, we'd have to make sure his attitude didn't go off track.