Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hbalequipe.th.jpg

How would you translate bouche-trou out of interest? He isnt there just to make up the numbers?

Yeap exactly. Literally: just filling a gap.

It reveals a bit about his reasons for wanting to come to us. The implication is that wants to be the main man in the team.

http://www.rtl.fr/fiche/5948099605/jean-cl...e-ben-arfa.html

"I won't go back to Marseille" were HBA's last words, your reaction?

- We can't accept such an attitude. When you're a professional and have a contract you should respect it.

- I saw him at the start of the week he only stayed in my office for about 40 seconds. I can't say too much about his attitude but it wasn't acceptable.

- We need to find a solution, because I don't want to be the person that will end Ben Arfa's career. That's what the situation is right now if he doesn't have a club. Offers that have come were either turned down by him or by us (because they weren't acceptable).

- Yes we encouraged offers to come in for him, but transfer windows can last a long time. Situations change and clubs are allowed to change their minds.

- Yes, Deschamps told HBA back in July that he didn't need him anymore, but that has changed. I have to follow the wishes of the manager.

- Deschamps changed his mind because Niang received an offer that we couldn't have predicted a few months ago and that was impossible to turn down for Niang and for us. Also Niang would probably have made things even more difficult for us than what HBA is doing now...

**rants about contracts not meaning much these days**

HBA has been saying things like "I'm not a puppet" do you understand his position?

- Once again I don't want to stand in the way of his career when he acts stupidly like he is now.

- We can always find solutions when conflicts arise.

- If he was open to a dialog then maybe we could talk to each other for more than just 40 seconds. There's been no contact with him since.

- If there's no discussion then nothing will happen and his carrer will end as he's an employee of our club.

- If we do talk then we might find a solution.

When you say you don't want to be the one to end his career, does it mean you envisage his departure?

- I can imagine it perfectly well but only if the offers we receive are acceptable. It's not just a rumour that the offers so far have been too low, you know what the English are like they always try to make the most out of any situation.

- What HBA is doing is helping anyone.

- I'm hoping that we end this circus and go back to a more human and normal relationship. Let's sit down and talk.

:angry: Surely the other way round.

Won't Marseille eventually just give up? we all know what the French are like :angry:

A sudden strike via Belgium should secure the deal :angry:

lets sign steven defour!

Won't Marseille eventually just give up? we all know what the French are like :woosh:

A sudden strike via Belgium should secure the deal :angry:

I can see sheep being burnt on motorways over this. :icon_lol::angry:

General de Gaulle wouldn't stand for this blackmail, that's for sure :)

Guest Tuco Ramirez
http://www.rtl.fr/fiche/5948099605/jean-cl...e-ben-arfa.html

- I can imagine it perfectly well but only if the offers we receive are acceptable. It's not just a rumour that the offers so far have been too low, you know what the English are like they always try to make the most out of any situation.

What like saving your white flag waving cowardly nations backside, and what thanks do we get, disrespect off our gallic cousins.

No doubt, would be interesting to see a midfield of Routledge, Guthrie, Ben Arfa, Jonas with Lovenkrands and Carroll up front. Jonas and Routledge aren't good crossers of the ball but Jonas in particular can combine well with other players. Having someone pacy and skillful inside him with Enrique potentially overlapping should be good.

We won't see that though, as we'll no doubt have Nolan chugging along in midfield when he's not deployed behind a lone striker in away matches (or matches against top sides).

I think if we get HBA we should give the 4-3-1-2 ago to be honest. With a fully fit team i.e s.taylor etc...

Harper

Simpson ------ S.Taylor ----- Coloccini ----- Enrique

Routledge ----- Guthrie/Smith ----- Jonas

----- Ben Arfa ----

Carroll ----- Lovenkrands

Or even a 4-4-1-1

Harper

Simpson ------ S.Taylor ----- Coloccini ----- Enrique

Routledge ----- Nolan ----- Smith ----- Jonas

----- Ben Arfa ----

--- Carroll or Lovenkrands ---