Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New quotes or from the pre-Sampdoria interview, ATP?

Can't find a timestamp on it, but sites have only started to report it today, so I'm guessing it's from today. Says that Klaus Allofs told Sat.1, which is a German tv station (I think) the quote I gave.

it isn't so much that there's no movement on this rumour that's worrying me. more that we haven't been linked with anyone else either.

We've been linked to loads of players over the past week if you look hard enough.

Anyway, links mean fuck all. The press get nothing from the club regarding transfers nowadays anyway.

it isn't so much that there's no movement on this rumour that's worrying me. more that we haven't been linked with anyone else either.

We've been linked to loads of players over the past week if you look hard enough.

Anyway, links mean fuck all. The press get nothing from the club regarding transfers nowadays anyway.

it's usually agents that leak most rumours

Looks like it started with DD trying to get Bafra to change agents....Rough translation:

In an interview with Goal Marseille, the father of Hatem Ben Arfa looks at the reasons that prompted his son to leave Marseille. He said: "Hatem no longer wants to work with Deschamps is as simple as that," nothing to do with the club as explained Kamel Ben Arfa: "Everything has just arrived in Marseille Deschamps, who wanted impose his agent, Jean-Pierre Bernès to my son. He refused because he works with his lawyer, Jean-Jacques Bertrand.

Relationships have always been cold between the two men because of this first spat. The father of Ben Arfa said that he "never cites his name, he said the coach" to talk about Didier Deschamps."

With Bremen saying theres no truth to them wanting him, and OM saying Ac Milan swap is nothing but Italian newspaper speculation then our lot behind the scenes have no fucking excuse to not sign him anymore.

It's all down to how much is wanted by OM, and how much he's rated by us. It's all smoke and mirrors from our perspective, just hope it's sorted out soon. As Kitman notes 37 pages is indicitive of the frustrating drawn out nature of this potential bit of business.

Certainly will creat some pre-match buzz and not harm ticket sales if it was sorted prior to the match on Sunday, but that's too much to ask of the clowns involved (both on our side and theirs) I'm afraid.

Edited by OzToonFan

The Marseille president has accused Newcastle of treating the French champions like “fools” over the Hatem Ben Arfa transfer.

The France international and his advisors have visited Werder Bremen this week to discuss becoming Mesut Ozil’s replacement.

But at a stormy meeting at the Marseille training ground yesterday, Ben Harfa was told the club had not received an acceptable offer and he was no longer for sale. Newcastle want to take the 23-year-old playmaker on loan this season.

Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier said: “I asked Newcastle to add an automatic buyout clause if they stay in the Premier League. They refused. The English should not take us for idiots. They have seen what has happened with Hatem and are trying to take advantage. It would be better for him to go to Bremen. They are more serious.”

Marseille also declared striker Mamadou Niang was not for sale before selling him to Fenerbahce last week.

When asked if Ben Arfa would still be at the club at the end of the transfer window, Marseille coach Didier Deschamps said: “I don’t know. For now, he is not here and I cannot say what is going to happen. Nothing surprises me in the world anymore.”

Marseille yesterday completed the £13m signing of former Spurs target Loic Remy and are interested in bringing in free agent Mikael Silvestre.

Thats from the mirror. obviously the mirror is talking shit as is the OM chairman about Bremen because they aren't interested.

We are also supposedly interested in Toite the Ivory Coast midfield that West Brom are interested in, what we are supposed to have bidded is 3m, so why the fuck cant we just slap another 3m on top of that and go for HBA for fuck.If that bid is true then our lot r fucking idiots..

And just put the fucking clause in Mike Ashley you fat cunt. He is a player for the future you fat fucking yid prick.

Edited by henda11

The Marseille president has accused Newcastle of treating the French champions like “fools” over the Hatem Ben Arfa transfer.

The France international and his advisors have visited Werder Bremen this week to discuss becoming Mesut Ozil’s replacement.

But at a stormy meeting at the Marseille training ground yesterday, Ben Harfa was told the club had not received an acceptable offer and he was no longer for sale. Newcastle want to take the 23-year-old playmaker on loan this season.

Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier said: “I asked Newcastle to add an automatic buyout clause if they stay in the Premier League. They refused. The English should not take us for idiots. They have seen what has happened with Hatem and are trying to take advantage. It would be better for him to go to Bremen. They are more serious.”

Marseille also declared striker Mamadou Niang was not for sale before selling him to Fenerbahce last week.

When asked if Ben Arfa would still be at the club at the end of the transfer window, Marseille coach Didier Deschamps said: “I don’t know. For now, he is not here and I cannot say what is going to happen. Nothing surprises me in the world anymore.”

Marseille yesterday completed the £13m signing of former Spurs target Loic Remy and are interested in bringing in free agent Mikael Silvestre.

Thats from the mirror. obviously the mirror is talking shit as is the OM chairman about Bremen because they aren't interested.

Don't get your hopes up.

I dont see why our lot just can't pull their fucking fingers out of their arse. Are they so fucking blind to see that he is a player for the future and is well worth investing 5.5m in. Blind cunts running this club like.

I dont see why our lot just can't pull their fucking fingers out of their arse. Are they so fucking blind to see that he is a player for the future and is well worth investing 5.5m in. Blind cunts running this club like.

It's hardly suprising, considering their recent history.

Would hardly be the first time a club has said "oh we aren't interested in signing him" and then turned round and bought him.

Aye, but it's the most unpredictable outcome based on recent statements from their presidents, and also the current regime's PL transfer record. Although Perch was the same case, he signed six months later so therfore it isn't relative, because we need Ben Arfa in immediately.

Would hardly be the first time a club has said "oh we aren't interested in signing him" and then turned round and bought him.

Aye, but it's the most unpredictable outcome based on recent statements from their presidents, and also the current regime's PL transfer record. Although Perch was the same case, he signed six months later so therfore it isn't relative, because we need Ben Arfa in immediately.

Exactly what i was thinking, well said... He is a player that has already proven if given the creative midfield role he will rip defences apart, and his passing, shooting and chance creating skills are phenominal yet our lot are fucking idiots and are just playing with OM, or vice versa..

I reckon MA should get on YouTube and type in " Hatem Ben Arfa " and watch the nice 7 minute video of Ben Arfa out doing Arsenal & Liverpool is past years, and then he might think shit, he'll be worth 12m next season if i buy him now.

Edited by henda11

New club song. To the tune of "Oh yes we have no bananas"

Oh yes we have no Ben Arfas

Ben Arfas

We have none today

:)

You can imagine a mackem version of that, their own equivalent of our no longer existent, Keywne Jones sells watches on the beach!

Edited by Acid

We met their their conditions for a deal over a week ago. The fact that Dassier then turned round and said no to the deal was quite annoying for Ben Arfa who then went on strike because of this.

I'm always astounded how much people can ignore reality to justify their own pre-existing views.

A legally binding agreement was not established, between OM and ourselves. This crux point seems to be sadly overlooked [by many, with a 'black & white' tinted viewpoint] when looking for a stick to bash OM/Dassier with.

It's up to the club to compromise, to comply to their terms: to find some common ground, rather than stick to bids deemed as being 'too low'. That's what ambitious clubs resort to when securing priority targets, players which are central to the manager's building plans.

Yeah Ben Arfa went on strike because our bid wasnt good enough. If a legally binding agreement had been made then of course he would be here already. Am not sure what you add by pointing that out. It seems i can add something to understanding the situation by repeating that Ben Arfa went on strike because Dassier back-tracked on an agreement to let the player go if certain conditions were met. These conditions were met and then Dassier caight wind of 4m for Niang from Fenerbache and pulled out of the deal.

Am not the one with a tinted viewpoint here, however i think the strategy of us deferring payment until we see how he fares is questionable. As many have pointed out, its false economy.

You're the one mincing words here, and i've never brought HBA's action against his club into the equation. It's irrelevant as long we're a non-existent 3rd party, as long as our terms offered continue to not come up to scratch with Dassier moving the goalposts, as they're entitled to do so being the legal custodians of player registration papers.

If anything it brings in to focus the power inbalance which exists between club & players, players' interests versus club interests. The lad is still on their payroll, and to the best knowledge hasn't had his pay docked. OM/Dassier, despite playing hardball, are in the right.