Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

Given Shola's perma-crocked / finished now imo. One injury, i.e. to Carroll and we're fucked. Not that I think he's all that anyway.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given Shola's perma-crocked / finished now imo. One injury, i.e. to Carroll and we're fucked. Not that I think he's all that anyway.

Difficult not to be gloomy. Can't see a lot of goals upfront or in midfield, not good enough at the back to keep a clean sheet, too slow to hit teams on the break, not enough creativity to break teams down by playing through them. Adds up to a season of struggle imo.

Difficult not to be gloomy. Can't see a lot of goals upfront or in midfield, not good enough at the back to keep a clean sheet, too slow to hit teams on the break, not enough creativity to break teams down by playing through them. Adds up to a season of struggle imo.

Having said ALL of that, on the bright side....

Our defense (if fit) is more solid/settled/eager than 08/09. Money hungry twots with no desire like Geremi & Cacapa (Beye?) are gone. When everyone's fit I think we'd all have the same 4 names starting. Can't remember the last time that was the case.

Nicky Butt and Damien Duff played more games than any other midfielders in 08/09, the lack of real pace is still a worry, but other than Smith no-one looks like they need to apply for their pension that soon. We definitley have more pace than we had that season.

Owen, Martins and Viduka were all shite/crocked for the entirity of 08/09. If anything our strikeforce is stronger/hungrier.....if not as talented.

i honestly couldn't say who our first choice right back is. it's the one real weak link in the defence, unless this perch lad turns out to be quality. not sure either simpson or ryan taylor are up to being our first choice right back in the premier league. hopefully perch will be.

That's being kind, Ryan Taylor is a fucking shite RB. Simpson isn't much better. He's a better defender but a poor footballer. I assume it'll Perch because if he doesn't start ahead of those two there was no point in signing him. I think Simpson's still injured btw.

Edited by alex

I did give that a second thought a bit after writing it....should have said Hughton had decided on a settled back four cos he kept faith with Simpson all season, despite lapses.

I wouldn't mind Campbell in the middle and Steven Taylor on the right either.

I did give that a second thought a bit after writing it....should have said Hughton had decided on a settled back four cos he kept faith with Simpson all season, despite lapses.

Enrique - Williamson - Campbell - S Taylor would be alright like.

Enrique - Williamson - Campbell - S Taylor would be alright like.

Right!

But APART from the right back, and the two in the middle, It's safe to say we'd all agree on a settled back line.

:D

Translation from Eurosport.

Ben Arfa: meeting imminent

A meeting will be held in Marseille on Thursday or Friday about the future of Hatem Ben Arfa, who is not retained by the OM.

The player gives preference to a departure to Newcastle. So far, the English club has made a loan offer with a purchase option considered "ridiculous" internally. The content of the proposal is currently blocking this destination in the eyes of the Olympian Club.

The only club that has made an offer to date is Hoffenheim. It is suitable for leaders Marseille, around 8 million euros, but the German club has yet to reach agreement with Ben Arfa on its particular circumstances. He must convince the young prodigy especially as the destination will suit him. "We absolutely want," said recently the assistant coach Peter Zeidler.

Edited by Park Life

A meeting will be held in Marseille on Thursday or Friday about the future of Hatem Ben Arfa, who is not retained by the OM.

The player gives preference to a departure to Newcastle. So far, the English club has made a loan offer with a purchase option considered "ridiculous" internally. The content of the proposal is currently blocking this destination in the eyes of the Olympian Club.

The only club that has made an offer to date is Hoffenheim. It is suitable for leaders Marseille, around 8 million euros, but the German club has yet to reach agreement with Ben Arfa on its particular circumstances. He must convince the young prodigy especially as the destination will suit him. "We absolutely want," said recently the assistant coach Peter Zeidler.

So a German club nobody's ever heard of manages to scrape together 8m Euros. Meanwhile one of the (allegedly) richest clubs in the world offers fuck all yet wants the player and his club to take them seriously. Fuck me, send in the clowns.

Another example of the press letting Ashley off the hook if you like but I wonder where all these South American whizz kids are.

So a German club nobody's ever heard of manages to scrape together 8m Euros. Meanwhile one of the (allegedly) richest clubs in the world offers fuck all yet wants the player and his club to take them seriously. Fuck me, send in the clowns.

Scrape together 8m? In spite of Hoffenheim being one of the richest clubs in Germany...

Not going to Hoffenheim??

Hoffenheim läuft die Zeit davon – Ben Arfa-Transfer geplatzt

> 05.08.2010 - 09:56 - Stephan Kläsener

Hoffenheim läuft die Zeit davon – Ben Arfa-Transfer geplatzt

©Teamshoot

Relevante Links Vereine

* TSG Hoffenheim

Spieler

* Hatem Ben Arfa

* Ilkay Gundogan

Die TSG Hoffenheim hatte sich eigentlich vorgenommen, kräftig auf dem Transfermarkt zuzuschlagen. Vor allem für die Offensive hatte man Verstärkungen angekündigt. Nachdem der Großteil der Saisonvorbereitung verstrichen ist, haben die Kraichgauer lediglich Löwen-Nachwuchsstürmer Peniel Mlapa unter Vertrag genommen. Die Zeit rennt nun.

„Mindestens zwei“ Offensivspieler will 1899-Coach Ralf Rangnick noch holen. Bei den Wunschspielern ist man allerdings auf Ganit gestoßen. Zuletzt bemühte man sich um den französischen Nationalspieler Hatem Ben Arfa. Die Verhandlungen wurden aufgenommen, 1899 soll rund fünf Millionen Euro geboten haben.

Laut Informationen des ‚kicker’ hat sich der Transfer allerdings zerschlagen. Ebenso wie der von André Schürrle. Laut Manager Ernst Tanner handele es sich um „interessante Spieler“. „Aber auf solche Namen hsben wir keinen Zugriff.“ Zuletzt wurden auch der VfL Wolfsburg und der VfB Stuttgart mit Ben Arfa in Verbindung gebracht.

Ebenso aussichtslos verhält es sich bei Ilkay Gündogan, der für das offensive Mittelfeld kommen sollte. Gündogan hatte Interesse signalisiert, aber der 1. FC Nürnberg stellt sich trotz einer Offerte über fünf Millionen Euro quer. „Es gibt kein Angebot für Ilkay, und wenn eins käme, würde es uns nicht mehr interessieren“, sagte Club-Manager Martin Bader. Es scheint, als liefe den Hoffenheimern langsam aber sicher die Zeit davon.

Verwandte Themen:

- Ben Arfa auf dem Weg: Reichen Hoffenheim fünf Millionen? - 04.08.2010

Scrape together 8m? In spite of Hoffenheim being one of the richest clubs in Germany...

Whatever. Still never heard of 'em.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

What we should do is say look, give us him on loan, and we'll buy for £7m if its suits both parties at the end of the season, then if we want him if we're skint renogtiate at that point.

I guess they're not too keen on the 'option to buy' route cos it leaves them with a player running out of contract and refusing to renew when we decide against it.

Edited by Happy Face

What we should do is say look, give us him on loan, and we'll buy for £7m if its suits both parties at the end of the season, then if we want him if we're skint renogtiate at that point.

I would imagine we did say something like that.

I guess they're not too keen on the 'option to buy' route cos it leaves them with a player running out of contract and refusing to renew when we decide against it.

And will increase our bargaining power. MA is a sly cunt.