Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

SSN reckon we turned down the buy out clause if we stay up next season. That is what OM are stating anyway. I would of thought a buy out clause after the loan would be good.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see why our lot just can't pull their fucking fingers out of their arse. Are they so fucking blind to see that he is a player for the future and is well worth investing 5.5m in. Blind cunts running this club like.

Cos in 12 months when he's seen how shit we are he will pull the same trick again and force a move to a different country, leaving us £5mil out of pocket.

I dont see why our lot just can't pull their fucking fingers out of their arse. Are they so fucking blind to see that he is a player for the future and is well worth investing 5.5m in. Blind cunts running this club like.

Cos in 12 months when he's seen how shit we are he will pull the same trick again and force a move to a different country, leaving us £5mil out of pocket.

What you advocating then? Not signing any players? Tbh he looks like our best option by a mile and he wants to come here. And if he's decent and he does decide he wants a move, how would that leave us £5m out of pocket?

What you advocating then? Not signing any players? Tbh he looks like our best option by a mile and he wants to come here. And if he's decent and he does decide he wants a move, how would that leave us £5m out of pocket?

Where did I say that? :)

I'm saying MA is bang on going for the loan with an option to buy. There's a reason he was wanted by everyone 18months ago for £20mil. And now there's only us interested for 25% of that. He's a well known worky ticket and looks like he only turns it on when he fancies it? Sound familiar?

No chairman in his right mind would sanction an 'automatic' buyout clause. He might turn out to be dogshit.

I'm saying MA is bang on going for the loan with an option to buy. There's a reason he was wanted by everyone 18months ago for £20mil. And now there's only us interested for 25% of that. He's a well known worky ticket and looks like he only turns it on when he fancies it? Sound familiar?

No chairman in his right mind would sanction an 'automatic' buyout clause. He might turn out to be dogshit.

I didn't say you did say that. I asked what you were advocating as it's obvious we aren't going to get better. I don't mind loan with an option to buy at all and appreciate he's a bit of a risk but you aren't going to get class players who do it week-in, week-out for the money we're offering, are you?

Is he really a workie-ticket though? Because it appears his behaviour is down to his club reneging on the agreement they had in principle with us. I wasn't aware he was wanted by everyone for £20m 18 months ago either. Who was after him like? He only went to OM for less than half that 2 years ago.

I didn't say you did say that. I asked what you were advocating as it's obvious we aren't going to get better. I don't mind loan with an option to buy at all and appreciate he's a bit of a risk but you aren't going to get class players who do it week-in, week-out for the money we're offering, are you?

Is he really a workie-ticket though? Because it appears his behaviour is down to his club reneging on the agreement they had in principle with us. I wasn't aware he was wanted by everyone for £20m 18 months ago either. Who was after him like? He only went to OM for less than half that 2 years ago.

Yes

- Despite rumors of a rift between himself and Benzema, Ben Arfa signed a contract extension with Lyon in March 2008 until 2010. However, his career at Lyon reached an impasse after he got into a training session scuffle with veteran Sébastien Squillaci.

- On 28 June 2008, Lyon confirmed that a proposed transfer to Marseille had been canceled for the time being. However, Ben Arfa confirmed to the local La Provence newspaper on 29 June that he had signed for the southern coast club and would not return to Lyon for pre-season training the following day. La Provence later reported that Ben Arfa had in fact missed training in Lyon on 30 June, confirming his intentions.

- As a result of the disagreement over the transfer, in December 2008, Ben Arfa told the local Lyon paper Le Progrès that his former team lacked class and was not a great team.

- On 16 July, Ben Arfa was involved in another training session bust-up, this time with stiker and France international Djibril Cissé. Cissé later joined English club Sunderland on loan.

- However, his reputation for controversy continued to haunt him when he was involved in another dispute, this time with the Cameroon international Modeste M'bami during a warm up session ahead of the club's UEFA Champions League match against Liverpool. The two had to be separated by Ronald Zubar.

- Controversy arose again following Marseille's 4–2 loss to Le Classique rivals Paris-Saint Germain. He drew the ire of manager Eric Gerets after his refusal to leave the bench to warm up. Ben Arfa later said he was injured much to the chagrin of Gerets, but later apologized for the incident to the media and Gerets himself.

- Controversy surfaced again, however, when, on 8 October 2009, Ben Arfa was fined €10,000 by the club for missing a training session. Ben Arfa blamed the absence on airport delays as he was in Tunisia visiting family members during the international break.

- A month later, on 18 November, he got into a heated argument with manager Didier Deschamps during a training session, for which Ben Arfa later apologized. Under Deschamps in the first half of the season, Ben Arfa appeared in 15 of the club's 20 league matches and only played the full 90 minutes in two matches, a 2–1 defeat against Monaco and a 2–0 defeat to Auxerre.

The NOTW article looks like a story put out by the club because of its tone and basically says Ben Arfa's wage demands were 80k a week so was told to sling his hook.

Might not be true but sounds plausible.

I don't believe a word of it, looks like propaganda. He was saying he was going to pack up football and get a job as a brickie, hardly sounds like someone demanding 80k. No way on earth he's on 52k at Olympic Muppets.

When Benzema left Lyon it was revealed HE was only on 40k. Wages at French clubs are pretty moderate compared to the PL.

No way will he be on 52k at Marseille. What I can believe however, is Ashley not willing to pay his wage demands. Whilst I appreciate the need to reel in the wage bill I think on this lad we need to make an exception. He could be the difference between us staying up or going down. Just flog the likes of Smith to get him off the wage bill...job done.

Where did I say that? :cuppa:

Yes

- Despite rumors of a rift between himself and Benzema, Ben Arfa signed a contract extension with Lyon in March 2008 until 2010. However, his career at Lyon reached an impasse after he got into a training session scuffle with veteran Sébastien Squillaci.

- On 28 June 2008, Lyon confirmed that a proposed transfer to Marseille had been canceled for the time being. However, Ben Arfa confirmed to the local La Provence newspaper on 29 June that he had signed for the southern coast club and would not return to Lyon for pre-season training the following day. La Provence later reported that Ben Arfa had in fact missed training in Lyon on 30 June, confirming his intentions.

- As a result of the disagreement over the transfer, in December 2008, Ben Arfa told the local Lyon paper Le Progrès that his former team lacked class and was not a great team.

- On 16 July, Ben Arfa was involved in another training session bust-up, this time with stiker and France international Djibril Cissé. Cissé later joined English club Sunderland on loan.

- However, his reputation for controversy continued to haunt him when he was involved in another dispute, this time with the Cameroon international Modeste M'bami during a warm up session ahead of the club's UEFA Champions League match against Liverpool. The two had to be separated by Ronald Zubar.

- Controversy arose again following Marseille's 4–2 loss to Le Classique rivals Paris-Saint Germain. He drew the ire of manager Eric Gerets after his refusal to leave the bench to warm up. Ben Arfa later said he was injured much to the chagrin of Gerets, but later apologized for the incident to the media and Gerets himself.

- Controversy surfaced again, however, when, on 8 October 2009, Ben Arfa was fined €10,000 by the club for missing a training session. Ben Arfa blamed the absence on airport delays as he was in Tunisia visiting family members during the international break.

- A month later, on 18 November, he got into a heated argument with manager Didier Deschamps during a training session, for which Ben Arfa later apologized. Under Deschamps in the first half of the season, Ben Arfa appeared in 15 of the club's 20 league matches and only played the full 90 minutes in two matches, a 2–1 defeat against Monaco and a 2–0 defeat to Auxerre.

This kid and Carroll on the same training pitch? ;)

Where did I say that? :cuppa:

Yes

This kid and Carroll on the same training pitch? ;)

:rolleyes:

My money would be on Carroll tbf.

Sorry I can't find the link for it, but I read earlier that he's currently on 50 000 euro a week at OM, and was looking for somewhere around 60 000–70 000 pounds a week at NUFC.

With the new low-cost regime, he wasn't going to be signed.

Wish I was able to find the link ... :cuppa:

Sorry I can't find the link for it, but I read earlier that he's currently on 50 000 euro a week at OM, and was looking for somewhere around 60 000–70 000 pounds a week at NUFC.

With the new low-cost regime, he wasn't going to be signed.

Wish I was able to find the link ... :cuppa:

NOTW were reporting £80k yesterday...but I wouldn't stain my arse on that shit rag.

'Hatem lost and at bottom of abysss' - his Dad in Le Parisien today. Off twitter.

lol

I'm liking the sound of him less and less tbh. The last thing we need is someone to upset the very obvious good team spirit.

On the other hand we still really need some creativity in the middle of the park and this guy would provide that.

If he came for a season, helped keep us up, and then moaned his way out of a permanent deal in order to push through a move to a bigger club, that'd do me.