Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apart from the fact he's a supposed trouble maker you'd still think someone else would be in for him, Arsenal were definitely after him a year or two ago and it wasn't just the usual "he's french so Wenger will buy him" crap

No chance of this happening, no doubt still being linked because the supposed journalists completely missed the comments from Hughton to the contrary regarding our interest in him.

Gone back to their old habits of chucking our name in there when randomly speculating, oh joy. I'm sure when we have a few more barren transfer periods they'll move on and use Tottenham or the like instead.

Report in l'equipe this morning. http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2010/...du-maillot.html

My french is a little sketchy, but shall give it a whirl.

"Avant de repenser aux Bleus, l'ancien Lyonnais «doit d'abord (se) concentrer sur (son) avenir en club». Annoncé partant pour Newcastle ou le Werder Brême, le natif de Clamart dit «ne pas faire attention à ce qui est dit et écrit dans les médias sur le mercato». «Ça ne m'intéresse pas. Ceux qui balancent des pistes tous les jours sont souvent des girouettes, ceux qui te célèbrent pour tes prestations puis te descendent trois jours après.»"

Ça ne m'intéresse pas - Fairly sure this means it does not interest me.

So: "Before rethinking to the Blue ones, the of lyons old "has first (itself) to concentrate on (his) future in club". Leaving announced for Newcastle or the Werder Brême, the native one of said Clamart "not to pay attention to which is said and written in the media on the mercato". "That does not interest me. Those that balance tracks everyday are often vanes, those that celebrate you for your benefits then descend you three days after.""

Report in l'equipe this morning. http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2010/...du-maillot.html

"Avant de repenser aux Bleus, l'ancien Lyonnais «doit d'abord (se) concentrer sur (son) avenir en club». Annoncé partant pour Newcastle ou le Werder Brême, le natif de Clamart dit «ne pas faire attention à ce qui est dit et écrit dans les médias sur le mercato». «Ça ne m'intéresse pas. Ceux qui balancent des pistes tous les jours sont souvent des girouettes, ceux qui te célèbrent pour tes prestations puis te descendent trois jours après.»"

So: "Before rethinking to the Blue ones, the of lyons old "has first (itself) to concentrate on (his) future in club". Leaving announced for Newcastle or the Werder Brême, the native one of said Clamart "not to pay attention to which is said and written in the media on the mercato". "That does not interest me. Those that balance tracks everyday are often vanes, those that celebrate you for your benefits then descend you three days after.""

Your French?

A little Sketchy?

:unsure:

stuck that into google and got this

Prior to rethink the Blues, the former Lyon "must first (to) focus on (its) future in the club." Annoncé partant pour Newcastle ou le Werder Brême, le natif de Clamart dit « ne pas faire attention à ce qui est dit et écrit dans les médias sur le mercato ». Announced leaving for Newcastle or Werder Bremen, the native of Clamart said "do not pay attention to what is said and written in the media about the transfer window." « Ça ne m'intéresse pas. "It does not interest me. Ceux qui balancent des pistes tous les jours sont souvent des girouettes, ceux qui te célèbrent pour tes prestations puis te descendent trois jours après .» Those who drop tracks daily vanes are often those who praise you for your services then you go down three days later. "

hope that makes a bit more sense

The grammar is a bit strange. It's almost like you just copied and pasted it into Babelfish :unsure:

Of the Marseille side that I saw last season, Ben arfa and niang are great players. Would be amazing if we got him considering our status, compared to Marseille. They are a league champion in a good ( but not close to premier league standard). From what I’ve seen he’s got a tonne of talent, and can actually deliver the ball (jonas take note) as well as score goals.

Has a stroppy attitude however, and prone to throwing his toys out of the pram.

Prior to rethink the Blues, the former Lyon "must first (to) focus on (its) future in the club." Annoncé partant pour Newcastle ou le Werder Brême, le natif de Clamart dit « ne pas faire attention à ce qui est dit et écrit dans les médias sur le mercato ». Announced leaving for Newcastle or Werder Bremen, the native of Clamart said "do not pay attention to what is said and written in the media about the transfer window." « Ça ne m'intéresse pas. "It does not interest me. Ceux qui balancent des pistes tous les jours sont souvent des girouettes, ceux qui te célèbrent pour tes prestations puis te descendent trois jours après .» Those who drop tracks daily vanes are often those who praise you for your services then you go down three days later. "

Chez should be doing this.

Before reconsidering the Blues, the former Lyons man must first concentrate on his future with the club. Claimed to be leaving for Newcastle or Werder Bremen, the Clamart native said "do not believe what is said or written in the papers about the transfer window". That doesn't interest me. Those that make lines are like weather vanes, they sing your praises then pull you down 3 days later."

Chez should be doing this.

Before reconsidering the Blues, the former Lyons man must first concentrate on his future with the club. Claimed to be leaving for Newcastle or Werder Bremen, the Clamart native said "do not believe what is said or written in the papers about the transfer window". That doesn't interest me. Those that make lines are like weather vanes, they sing your praises then pull you down 3 days later."

very Cantonaesque!

would he pass Kevin Nolan’s personality requirements that he harped on about so often last season?

French is full of daft expressions, that last bit just means those people who build you are often the ones knocking you down a few days later. Sure you all guessed that.

If we dont hear anything on this in the next day or two i reckon we went trying to get a loan and obviously he will choose AC. The only way i can see him coming is if we bid enough money. Not sure a 5m bid will tempt L'OM though and i cant see us bidding much more than that. Unless WB bid enough of course.

French is full of daft expressions, that last bit just means those people who build you are often the ones knocking you down a few days later. Sure you all guessed that.

If we dont hear anything on this in the next day or two i reckon we went trying to get a loan and obviously he will choose AC. The only way i can see him coming is if we bid enough money. Not sure a 5m bid will tempt L'OM though and i cant see us bidding much more than that. Unless WB bid enough of course.

isn't there one that roughly translates as "Eveynight I go to bed a little less stupid"?

mind you, some of ours are fucking ridiculous when viewed objectively.

http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2010...e-attendra.html

Although present at the press conference, he revealed nothing about his future or his probable departure from the phocéen club. Anyway, instructions were given to journalists not to raise the subject

From a source close to the club, we know that a meeting was scheduled to take place on monday between the representatives of Newcastle and the management of L'OM. 'And yet' this meeting was cancelled, explained the AFP, the english were not able to produce a 'document' required by les Marseillas.

Sounds about right.

Edited by ChezGiven

http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2010...e-attendra.html

Although present at the press conference, he revealed nothing about his future or his probable departure from the phocéen club. Anyway, instructions were given to journalists not to raise the subject

From a source close to the club, we know that a meeting was scheduled to take place on monday between the representatives of Newcastle and the management of L'OM. 'And yet' this meeting was cancelled, explained the AFP, the english were not able to produce a 'document' required by les Marseillas.

Sounds about right.

Presumably an illegible offer scrawled on the back of a Pizza Hut serviette wasn't enough for them :unsure:

Newcastle face competition from the Bundesliga in the race to sign Marseille winger Hatem Ben Arfa.

Magpies boss Chris Hughton has already signed Sol Campbell (free), Dan Golsing (free) and James Perch (Bassong payment) and would like to add 23-year-old Arfa to the ranks.

But German outfit Hoffenheim are also keen and coach Dietmar Hopp said: 'If we get Ben Arfa, he will be sensational in Germany. He is a magician. Technically he's very strong and very fast.'

France international Arfa is under contract at Marseille until 2012 but seems certain to leave. He is valued at around £5.8million and was offered to Everton but boss David Moyes was not interested.

Not sure why the papers keep reporting that we're interested in buying him. I've added the brackets in the story. We aren't spending money are we?

We're supposed to have offered 800k Euros for a loan. Rejected. Marseille want to sell. Hoffenheim seems to be nailed on.

Newcastle face competition from the Bundesliga in the race to sign Marseille winger Hatem Ben Arfa.

Magpies boss Chris Hughton has already signed Sol Campbell (free), Dan Golsing (free) and James Perch (Bassong payment) and would like to add 23-year-old Arfa to the ranks.

But German outfit Hoffenheim are also keen and coach Dietmar Hopp said: 'If we get Ben Arfa, he will be sensational in Germany. He is a magician. Technically he's very strong and very fast.'

France international Arfa is under contract at Marseille until 2012 but seems certain to leave. He is valued at around £5.8million and was offered to Everton but boss David Moyes was not interested.

Not sure why the papers keep reporting that we're interested in buying him. I've added the brackets in the story. We aren't spending money are we?

We're supposed to have offered 800k Euros for a loan. Rejected. Marseille want to sell. Hoffenheim seems to be nailed on.

What I find particularly annoying about what you point out (which is also what I think you're getting at) is the way in which the reporting of stuff like this is giving Ashley such an easy ride. I.e. making out he's trying to buy players when he's offering derisory sums in order to get a player in on loan.

What I find particularly annoying about what you point out (which is also what I think you're getting at) is the way in which the reporting of stuff like this is giving Ashley such an easy ride. I.e. making out he's trying to buy players when he's offering derisory sums in order to get a player in on loan.

Spot on.

It was the sentence "Magpies boss Chris Hughton has already signed..." that wound me up as if he's been given free reign to fill his boots.

The sentence should be "Magpies boss Chris Hughton has been restricted to scrounging to sign...."

Aye and I think a reasonable assessment would be along the lines of:

Ashley's transfer policy basically gambled with Newcastle's PL status last time round and he doesn't seem to have learnt from his mistakes.

Whereas they seem to be making out that he's been doing a good job. I'll give him last January for a decent transfer window, given the circumstances, but unless he's got something up his sleeve (which I don't think he has for a minute) it's a case of him hoping there's 3 worse teams imo. He's probably right like but it's a big gamble, especially if someone like West Brom or Blackpool have a good start and have about 30 points by January.

Its a huge gamble but one he's clearly willing to take. I dont actually think we'll be the worst side or even one of the three. I think CH will maintain the stability that was missing the season we went down (prime reason imo). That said, a few injuries and we're fucked.