Kings of Leon cancel show

The Mighty Hog

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sex on Fire is the shittest song I've ever heard. It depresses me that I'm going to hear it until the day I die.

The new material - and I have not heard their earlier stuff, save the odd single - consists of droning riffs in the key of E which you can shout, "HEYYYYY OHHHHHHH! MA SEX IS ON FIREEEE!" over and you would hardly tell the difference between the songs. Really awful. Saw them play a few new songs live on some telly show and they were a lethargic, uninterested live presence, and what's worse they seem to whinge a lot about being rich and famous. Drive off a cliff if it's that bad :icon_lol:

Sum it up to be honest. Even J69 thinks they're a disgrace to humanity, and he's right.

So whose tunes are setting your world on fire at this ,oment in time then ??

We're presently in the most desperate musical desert of the last 60 years to be honest. Modern music is pish. They're nearly all shite.

Re: Boney M, I said I had happy childhood memories of their songs not they were great.

Still didn't answer the question did it , whats top tune on your ipod/ whatever at this moment in time ??

Mind, it was a sign of how much KOL have fallen when my 60-odd year old stepmother announced that she would "love to go and see the Kings of Leon live" a couple of weeks ago.

*sigh* :icon_lol:

Buddy Holly. In Memphis.

Beach Boys. Their first ever concert.

The Beatles. In the Cavern Club. I was also on the video for All You Need Is Love (sitting next to Mick Jagger).

Taught Clapton to play the guitar.

[/Rob W]

:icon_lol: You missed Jimi Hendrix at the Isle of Wight Festival and The Rolling Stones at Altamont.

He took some 16mm while he was there apparently.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Sex on Fire is the shittest song I've ever heard. It depresses me that I'm going to hear it until the day I die.

The new material - and I have not heard their earlier stuff, save the odd single - consists of droning riffs in the key of E which you can shout, "HEYYYYY OHHHHHHH! MA SEX IS ON FIREEEE!" over and you would hardly tell the difference between the songs. Really awful. Saw them play a few new songs live on some telly show and they were a lethargic, uninterested live presence, and what's worse they seem to whinge a lot about being rich and famous. Drive off a cliff if it's that bad :icon_lol:

Sum it up to be honest. Even J69 thinks they're a disgrace to humanity, and he's right.

We're presently in the most desperate musical desert of the last 60 years to be honest. Modern music is pish. They're nearly all shite.

Re: Boney M, I said I had happy childhood memories of their songs not they were great.

Still didn't answer the question did it , whats top tune on your ipod/ whatever at this moment in time ??

Depends what mood I'm in. At the gym its all my 97-2001 Trance songs. If am in a shit mood it's soppy songs. Generally loads of Oasis (my unashamed favourite band), loads of U2 (even though they're Irish), I like Robbie Williams actually, loads of Depeche Mode, loads of Lightening Seeds, loads of Happy Mondays.

Compare a song like this to Kings of Leon

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Buddy Holly. In Memphis.

The Beatles. In the Cavern Club. I was also on the video for All You Need Is Love (sitting next to Mick Jagger).

[/Rob W]

:icon_lol: You missed Jimi Hendrix at the Isle of Wight Festival and The Rolling Stones at Altamont.

Actually reckons he heard The Who at Leeds, but he wasn't actually there, just in a pub nearby. I'm being serious as well. The crazy bastard.

Buddy Holly. In Memphis.

[/Rob W]

Actually reckons he heard The Who at Leeds, but he wasn't actually there, just in a pub nearby. I'm being serious as well. The crazy bastard.

:icon_lol:

Depends what mood I'm in. At the gym its all my 97-2001 Trance songs. If am in a shit mood it's soppy songs. Generally loads of Oasis (my unashamed favourite band), loads of U2 (even though they're Irish), I like Robbie Williams actually, loads of Depeche Mode, loads of Lightening Seeds, loads of Happy Mondays.

Trance.....wtf ??????? Oasis I cannot stand with a passion , U2 I shall give you as I am a big fan, Robbie Bilious Williams is an absolute c word, hate him with a bigger passion than I do Oasis, as for the rest I shall allow in small quantities :icon_lol:

Never, ever feel you have the right to berate anybodies taste in music again tho , each to their own :icon_lol:

Buddy Holly. In Memphis.

[/Rob W]

Rob is like Forest Gump where he turns up in all of the iconic photos of the 20th century, just knocking about in the background.

Buddy Holly. In Memphis.

[/Rob W]

Rob is like Forest Gump where he turns up in all of the iconic photos of the 20th century, just knocking about in the background.

:icon_lol: Air Miles. :icon_lol:

Buddy Holly. In Memphis.

[/Rob W]

Trance.....wtf ??????? Oasis I cannot stand with a passion , U2 I shall give you as I am a big fan, Robbie Bilious Williams is an absolute c word, hate him with a bigger passion than I do Oasis, as for the rest I shall allow in small quantities :icon_lol:

Never, ever feel you have the right to berate anybodies taste in music again tho , each to their own :icon_lol:

Well you were too old to be part of the cowie generation so you probably never embraced dance music in the way that people my age and a tiny bit older did. How can you hate Oasis, in some respects they were mass marketed probably more than any band of the last 20 years, but they were also fuckin class, had personality, wrote some absolutely amazing songs especially early doors, you must be roast beef to begin to compare Oasis unfavourably to a yank band who are wank even by yank standards. Why's Robbie a c word? He's had his fun, and has totally settled down with his new wife living a quiet life, he's not had a line for 2 years, seems a good lad if you ask me.

However I agree each to their own, in the same way people prefer feet to boobs, and some like being bitten more than blowjobs. Strange people in the world. With KOL though the mass world media have TOLD people they must like Kings of Leon, I passionately hate them and as other people have mentioned they make my ears bleed and there's a generic brain dead KOL follower in my view.

Got to laugh at Stevie calling people brain-dead cunts for listening to KOL and his favourite band is Oasis (I don't hate them, I just think a lot of their music is dull and they were never that great to begin with) :icon_lol: I thought he was spot on in his assessment of people who listen to KOL though. Currently I think Black Eyed Peas are an unparalleled disgrace to humanity and their torturous music should be burnt and destroyed before society crumbles.

Got to laugh at Stevie calling people brain-dead cunts for listening to KOL and his favourite band is Oasis (I don't hate them, I just think a lot of their music is dull and they were never that great to begin with) :icon_lol: I thought he was spot on in his assessment of people who listen to KOL though. Currently I think Black Eyed Peas are an unparalleled disgrace to humanity and their torturous music should be burnt and destroyed before society crumbles.

Amen, despise those twats.

They were by far the best band in the world for three years.

Beyond bad them like. I'd rather go and see Take That.

The thing is the same type of person who loves KOL will love them too :icon_lol: you've got that pathetic the neets ganna be a canny neet in me head now :icon_lol:

The thing is the same type of person who loves KOL will love them too :icon_lol:you've got that pathetic the neets ganna be a canny neet in me head now :icon_lol:

I'm too young to have been caught up in the media hype they got so I just hear their music as it is, and a lot of it is pretty mediocre. They didn't have the musicianship to evolve as a band and probably didn't want to, so they kept churning out the same kind of stuff and it became tired imo. They have some good material but it lacks substance imo, Noel has openly admitted he used rhyming books to help him write the lyrics (waterfall, cannonball etc). In terms of bands from around Manchester I'd say the Smiths were a lot better musically than Oasis, Noel would probably agree with that as well.

I'm too young to have been caught up in the media hype they got so I just hear their music as it is, and a lot of it is pretty mediocre. They didn't have the musicianship to evolve as a band and probably didn't want to, so they kept churning out the same kind of stuff and it became tired imo. They have some good material but it lacks substance imo, Noel has openly admitted he used rhyming books to help him write the lyrics (waterfall, cannonball etc). In terms of bands from around Manchester I'd say the Smiths were a lot better musically than Oasis, Noel would probably agree with that as well.

Stone Roses ftw tbh

I'm not saying this to be 'cool' or owt but I got Definitely Maybe more or less the day it came out and I loved it but I was honestly quite bored with Oasis by the time What's the Story... came out. I still like DM like, although haven't listened to it for a while. Columbia is my favourite.

Edited by alex