Kings of Leon cancel show

The Mighty Hog

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Got to laugh at Stevie calling people brain-dead cunts for listening to KOL and his favourite band is Oasis (I don't hate them, I just think a lot of their music is dull and they were never that great to begin with) :icon_lol: I thought he was spot on in his assessment of people who listen to KOL though. Currently I think Black Eyed Peas are an unparalleled disgrace to humanity and their torturous music should be burnt and destroyed before society crumbles.

They were by far the best band in the world for three years.

I'm too young to have been caught up in the media hype they got so I just hear their music as it is, and a lot of it is pretty mediocre. They didn't have the musicianship to evolve as a band and probably didn't want to, so they kept churning out the same kind of stuff and it became tired imo. They have some good material but it lacks substance imo, Noel has openly admitted he used rhyming books to help him write the lyrics (waterfall, cannonball etc). In terms of bands from around Manchester I'd say the Smiths were a lot better musically than Oasis, Noel would probably agree with that as well.

The fuckin Smith's :icon_lol::lol::icon_lol: :icon_lol:

The only possible way you could say The Smith's were better musically than Oasis, is if you were desperately striving for some inspiration to top yourself in a darkened room. The fuckin Smith's :icon_lol: . Morrisey is a talentless useless cunt.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to laugh at Stevie calling people brain-dead cunts for listening to KOL and his favourite band is Oasis (I don't hate them, I just think a lot of their music is dull and they were never that great to begin with) :icon_lol: I thought he was spot on in his assessment of people who listen to KOL though. Currently I think Black Eyed Peas are an unparalleled disgrace to humanity and their torturous music should be burnt and destroyed before society crumbles.

I'm too young to have been caught up in the media hype they got so I just hear their music as it is, and a lot of it is pretty mediocre. They didn't have the musicianship to evolve as a band and probably didn't want to, so they kept churning out the same kind of stuff and it became tired imo. They have some good material but it lacks substance imo, Noel has openly admitted he used rhyming books to help him write the lyrics (waterfall, cannonball etc). In terms of bands from around Manchester I'd say the Smiths were a lot better musically than Oasis, Noel would probably agree with that as well.

Stone Roses ftw tbh

Four excellent songs.

Amen, despise those twats.

The thing is the same type of person who loves KOL will love them too :icon_lol: you've got that pathetic the neets ganna be a canny neet in me head now :icon_lol:

That song makes me want to go mental and hurt people. There's a stupid bint at work always sings it and I always want to throw my computer screen to make her shut the fuck up. The only thing stopping me is it's one of those cushy flatscreen numbers, wouldn't do anywhere near as damage as an absolutely massive old school monitor so I might still hear a peep once I've slammed it into her face.

I'm not saying this to be 'cool' or owt but I got Definitely Maybe more or less the day it came out and I loved it but I was honestly quite bored with Oasis by the time What's the Story... came out. I still like DM like, although haven't listened to it for a while. Columbia is my favourite.

Oasis themselves Noel especially said they hate Be Here Now. Noel says they were all off their nut for 6 weeks recording and the album is a just a load of wank noise, well I actually really like it.

Back on topic though, talking about these Manchester bands, when the topic is Kings of fuckin shitey Leon, is an absolute disrespect to world's greatest musical city.

The only possible way you could say The Smith's were better musically than Oasis, is if you were desperately striving for some inspiration to top yourself in a darkened room. The fuckin Smith's :icon_lol: . Morrisey is a talentless useless cunt.

Not really mate. I'm a musician meself so I know a bit about music, and I can tell you that the Smith's material is quite a lot more advanced than Oasis'; Noel Gallagher would be the first to tell you the same as well. Johnny Marr is a markedly better musician than anyone who has played in Oasis.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Stone Roses ftw tbh

Probably New Order for me like. If you class Joy Division as a separate band (which they were really), I actually prefer NO, even if that's not as cool. I like JD but I have to be in the mood for about 95% of their output.

Amen, despise those twats.

The thing is the same type of person who loves KOL will love them too :icon_lol: you've got that pathetic the neets ganna be a canny neet in me head now :icon_lol:

That song makes me want to go mental and hurt people. There's a stupid bint at work always sings it and I always want to throw my computer screen to make her shut the fuck up. The only thing stopping me is it's one of those cushy flatscreen numbers, wouldn't do anywhere near as damage as an absolutely massive old school monitor so I might still hear a peep once I've slammed it into her face.

:icon_lol:

I much prefer The Smiths to Oasis like.

They have a big following, I've never understood why, can't listen to them. New Order are another Manchester band who were better than them.

Not really mate. I'm a musician meself so I know a bit about music, and I can tell you that the Smith's material is quite a lot more advanced than Oasis'; Noel Gallagher would be the first to tell you the same as well. Johnny Marr is a markedly better musician than anyone who has played in Oasis.

Based on what, I find it incredibly difficult to define what is advanced and what isn't. You can say this is shite and this is good and it's just an opinion it's never a bona fide fact. Well other than when people say Kings of Leon are shite.

Stevie's opinion on the Smiths renders his musical opinion worthless imo.

Sweeping statement that like. That's like saying if I was to say James Perch has potential then I know fuck all about football. The Smith's are death march music. It's no coincidence The Smith's are the biggest selling band ever in Finland. A country which has the highest suicide rate in the world.

I was all prepared to ride shotgun for you, but you've blown it with that last bit of tripe.

Based on what, I find it incredibly difficult to define what is advanced and what isn't. You can say this is shite and this is good and it's just an opinion it's never a bona fide fact. Well other than when people say Kings of Leon are shite.

Aye, that's probably because you know nout about music on a technical level, or what it takes to actually play it on an instrument. It's a bona fide fact that The Smith's material uses more advanced musical techniques than Oasis' (3 chords here we go), and it's a lot harder to play. Noel Gallagher is always harping on about what a great musician Johnny Marr is and that's because he's a much better guitar player than Noel ever will be. Not that that's all there is to music, but the Smith's material is more diverse and interesting than Oasis' for sure. I think Morrissey is a prick as well but I don't take him particularly seriously.

Stone Roses ftw tbh

Probably New Order for me like. If you class Joy Division as a separate band (which they were really), I actually prefer NO, even if that's not as cool. I like JD but I have to be in the mood for about 95% of their output.

Same here.

Sweeping statement that like. That's like saying if I was to say James Perch has potential then I know fuck all about football. The Smith's are death march music. It's no coincidence The Smith's are the biggest selling band ever in Finland. A country which has the highest suicide rate in the world.

Class!

Starting off saying Gemmill made a sweeping statement then going on to say The Smith's are making Finnish people extinct. :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

When did you stop liking sweeping statements? :icon_lol:

Kunt is right about the quality of the music as well. Some of Johnny Marr's guitar arrangements are ridiculously intricate multitrack masterpieces. Noel and Bonehead both strumming identical chords doesn't come close.

Aye, that's probably because you know nout about music on a technical level, or what it takes to actually play it on an instrument. It's a bona fide fact that The Smith's material uses more advanced musical techniques than Oasis' (3 chords here we go), and it's a lot harder to play. Noel Gallagher is always harping on about what a great musician Johnny Marr is and that's because he's a much better guitar player than Noel ever will be. Not that that's all there is to music, but the Smith's material is more diverse and interesting than Oasis' for sure. I think Morrissey is a prick as well but I don't take him particularly seriously.

Threre's that story that even Marr couldn't recreate the genius on one of his tracks a few years later. Noel tells the story himself.

Loves U2 and Oasis and slates KOL fans

I tell you what you've probably got 100 posts which are up there with the most astonishingly pathetic ever seen on a message board, but am tellin ye noo, that goes in at number 1 :icon_lol: pmsl hehehehehe ye can't believe sane people hold these views.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Threre's that story that even Marr couldn't recreate the genius on one of his tracks a few years later. Noel tells the story himself.

Aye, that was a bit of a joke though. He said something like, "He's so good, even he can't play his stuff!" Fair play to Noel I think he knows his limitations as a musician, I saw a doc about Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac and Noel was on it, lauding Green's guitar work; he said all you need to be in Oasis was the right haircut.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

I tell you what you've probably got 100 posts which are up there with the most astonishingly pathetic ever seen on a message board, but am tellin ye noo, that goes in at number 1 :icon_lol: pmsl hehehehehe ye can't believe sane people hold these views.

Three bands whose career trajectories have been pretty much identical.

It's all just personal taste though Stevie....you're the one who started ripping the piss out of other peoples....that's pathetic pal.

It's all just personal taste though Stevie....you're the one who started ripping the piss out of other peoples....that's pathetic pal.

Trajectories? Kevin Scott had the same trajectory as Gazza. Newcastle to Tottenham in their 20's they were as good as each other eh?

Comparing U2 and Oasis to KOL is like comparing Robert de Niro and Al Pacino to John Savident.

Trajectories? Kevin Scott had the same trajectory as Gazza. Newcastle to Tottenham in their 20's they were as good as each other eh?

Comparing U2 and Oasis to KOL is like comparing Robert de Niro and Al Pacino to John Savident.

'Ave been stabbed. Ah say, 'ave been stabbed! :icon_lol: