Wikileaks

Happy Face

Just wondering how pissed off he'd be if he eventually gave in, left, we sent him to Sweden, and they dismissed the case against him  :lol:

He'd have spent 6 years in self induced prison for nothing.

Edited by Rayvin

Just wondering how pissed off he'd be if he eventually gave in, left, we sent him to Sweden, and they dismissed the case against him  :lol:

He'd have spent 6 years in self induced prison for nothing.

The 'rape' case against him is not what he's worried about.  There's no chance that would come to anything.  

See today's release of the texts from the 'victim'

CzExl9TXgAQoK67.jpg

http://www.inquisitr.com/3775914/do-new-sms-records-prove-julian-assange-was-framed-by-police/

Once he was in Sweden they would extradite to the US.  That's the worry.  That he ends up suffering the same torture as Manning.

Fair enough on the UN ruling actually. With both posts I think I just meant that it is possible that this is largely in his head though. Sweden might not want to extradite him, and he could have lost the last 6 years for nothing.

Once he was in Sweden they would extradite to the US. That's the worry. That he ends up facing trial for the crimes that he obviously committed.

FYP

Edited by ewerk

Seems clear to me, as much as the bloke comes across as a tit and has played with fire in the US election, doesnt look like he would be convicted in a fair trial. 

He does seem very desperate though, so as much as the idea that he was being framed makes sense, so does  the idea that he was using Wikileaks to get Trump into power as a tactic for himself rather than the world. Which makes him a hypocrite. From his perspective, its obvious to attack Clinton as a calculation that if she loses, her opponent will recognise the role and the threat of living the rest of his life in a US prison diminishes. 

Fair enough on the UN ruling actually. With both posts I think I just meant that it is possible that this is largely in his head though. Sweden might not want to extradite him, and he could have lost the last 6 years for nothing.

There definitely is a grand jury criminal investigation on the go in the US against Assange/Wikileaks. It was revealed years ago but they still refuse to say whether that investigation will lead to any criminal charge, despite all the years it's been public knowledge and all the requests for a decision either way.

Sweden will not guarantee they won't extradite him either.

Other journalist to have disseminated information from leakers have had guarantees and been able to move freely. So in the Snowden case, only Snowden (the whistleblower) remains at risk (wrongly). Journalists that met Snowden initially and wrote about the leak have had guarantees they will not face any charges.

Wikileaks are singled out as a publisher.

Nope. Unless you want to explain to me how they both committed the same crimes?

I don't think either committed any crime. Was hoping you would elucidate on his 'obvious' crimes and how they were distinct from other publishers.

If you honestly can't see a difference then there's no point in me continuing the discussion with you.

To be fair to you, that would probably be the extent of the prosecution case if Assange ever got to a US court.

• 1 month later...

"The White House said the Manning commutation was not influenced in any way by Mr Assange's extradition offer."

So I assume it's not relevant.

I wonder though if Assange is tired of his situation and looking get on with it anyway.

He should hang a Snowden pardon on the offer now instead.