Wikileaks

Happy Face

Good news, always thought that charge was utter bollocks and apparently that's now what Sweden has decided.

What charge would the UK be able to arrest him on exactly?

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Good news, always thought that charge was utter bollocks and apparently that's now what Sweden has decided.

What charge would the UK be able to arrest him on exactly?

Almost immediately after the decision by Swedish prosecutors, British police announced that they would nonetheless arrest Assange if he tried to leave the embassy. Police said Assange was still wanted for the crime of “failing to surrender” — meaning that instead of turning himself in upon issuance of his 2012 arrest warrant, he obtained refuge in the Ecuadorian embassy. The British police also, however, noted that this alleged crime is “a much less serious offence” than the one that served as the basis for the original warrant, and that the police would therefore only “provide a level of resourcing which is proportionate to that offence.”

Ok, so they'll step it down. Just let him go ffs, Wikipedia is an impartial force for truth, and I honest to fuck don't understand why some people, especially those in the supposedly independent media, have a problem with him or the organisation.

1 hour ago, Happy Face said:

I should have remembered the famous proverb, innocence or guilt is unknown until tried.

Soz.

Aka the Johnson defence. ;)

Seriously though, in this case Sweden dropping the case says nothing about his guilt or innocence. 

Also seriously, there's something sleazy about him imo. 

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Ok, so they'll step it down. Just let him go ffs, Wikipedia is an impartial force for truth, and I honest to fuck don't understand why some people, especially those in the supposedly independent media, have a problem with him or the organisation.

Jimmy whale is holed up in the Peruvian embassy I hear. 

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Do me a favour :lol:

The impartial force for truth helped Putin put an incompetent orangutan in the White House 

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Do me a favour :lol:

The impartial force for truth helped Putin put an incompetent orangutan in the White House 

Was anything they released untrue?

What was the more journalistically professional decision.

1) Wikileaks publishing Clinton emails it had been provided once they were authenticated.

2) New York Times sitting on George Bush illegal wire tapping evidence at his request in the lead up to his re-election

Personally I believe it's the responsibility of news organisations to report newsworthy information they have regardless of political pressures or fallout.

• 2 weeks later...

He was defending his connections to Hannity on that intercepted podcast I linked to.

Mad how the US liberals and conservatives just flip back and forth between liking assange and hating him depending on his most recent leak.

No consistency of thought whatsoever.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He might end up sharing a cell with another scat fetishist if he’s lucky 

Fucks sake man Gloomy, the bloke’s just been jailed. 

No need need to rub his nose in it. 

:hi: