Wikileaks

Happy Face

An arrest warrant for Assange has been issued by the International Public Prosecution Office in Gothenburg. On Interpol’s website, the category of offence for Assange is simply stated as ‘Sex crimes’.

The Red Notice called for by Interpol is a request for the provisional arrest of a fugitive, prior to a possible extradition to the nation that issued the warrant. It means that Assange can be arrested anywhere in the world.

However Assange has hit back, claiming that the arrest warrant is part of a smear campaign by the US in retaliation for Wikileaks’ publishing of classified files.

Assange's lawyer said of the sex crime charges: "All of these offers [to co-operate with local authorities when Assange was in Sweden] have been flatly refused by a prosecutor who is abusing her powers by insisting that he return to Sweden at his own expense to be subjected to another media circus that she will orchestrate.

"Pursuing a warrant in this circumstance is entirely unnecessary and disproportionate."

Assange has been lying low since Wikileaks published its latest batch of documents. His mother spoke out today, saying that she was concerned and "reacting as any mother would".

read more: http://www.tntmagazine.com/tnt-today/archi...x#ixzz171zMldRT

I think they were best served by not having a front-man like.

Still, if this is the best they can come back at Wikileaks with it's pretty paltry.

"Here's hundreds of thousands of documents detailing secrets and lies the government have kept concealed"

"Oh yeah? Well he smells!"

No more Wikileaks online at the moment. It's not looking good for Julian Assange. I, for one, think he's probably entirely innocent of the charges from Sweden. It seems like a textbook dirty trick played by the CIA, in the style of the old Soviet tricks involving female seduction of high profile figures for blackmail purposes. If he's really in the UK, I don't like his chances.

I think he has shown directly and indirectly just how far the USA falls short of her ideals. The public response to that has so far been underwhelming but you've gotta believe that the younger generations are silently taking note and the world view of the next generation shall be affected.

The Guardian: Julian Assange answers your questions - The founder of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, answers readers' questions about the release of more than 250,000 US diplomatic cables: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2010/...sange-wikileaks

'Bradley Manning is an unparalelled hero" he says...

Good read that. Didn't realise he was an aussie, might have to give my unabated support a re-think. :lol:

No more Wikileaks online at the moment. It's not looking good for Julian Assange. I, for one, think he's probably entirely innocent of the charges from Sweden. It seems like a textbook dirty trick played by the CIA, in the style of the old Soviet tricks involving female seduction of high profile figures for blackmail purposes. If he's really in the UK, I don't like his chances.

I think he has shown directly and indirectly just how far the USA falls short of her ideals. The public response to that has so far been underwhelming but you've gotta believe that the younger generations are silently taking note and the world view of the next generation shall be affected.

Unfortunately Obama has disillusioned every youth in America with his inspirational "yes we Can" campaign and his "but only if the Republicans and coroprate America say we can" presidency. None of them believe they can affect change any more. The entire 18-30 vote completely evaporated in the recent house elections.

This weeks Common Sense with Dan Carlin is particularly good on Wikileaks btw. Thanks again for the recommendation.

The Guardian: Julian Assange answers your questions - The founder of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, answers readers' questions about the release of more than 250,000 US diplomatic cables: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2010/...sange-wikileaks

'Bradley Manning is an unparalelled hero" he says...

The full quote is "If indeed it is the case, as alleged by the Pentagon, that the young soldier - Bradley Manning - is behind some of our recent disclosures, then he is without doubt an unparalleled hero."

Small difference but we wouldn't want Leazes or Kunt having a pop at him for endangering Wikileaks sources.

Mr Assange,

have there ever been documents forwarded to you which deal with the topic of UFOs or extraterrestrials?

Many weirdos email us about UFOs or how they discovered that they were the anti-christ whilst talking with their ex-wife at a garden party over a pot-plant. However, as yet they have not satisfied two of our publishing rules.

1) that the documents not be self-authored;

2) that they be original.

However, it is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs.

Parky just spunked in his lederhosen.

Authoritarian governments and tightly controlled media in China and across the Arab Middle East have suppressed virtually all mention of the documents, avoiding the public backlash that could result from such candid portrayals of their leaders' views.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ml?hpid=topnews

The US struck its first blow against WikiLeaks after Amazon.com pulled the plug on hosting the whistleblowing website in reaction to heavy political pressure.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/0...-servers-amazon

:lol:

Since 2007 we have been deliberately placing some of our servers in jurisdictions that we suspected suffered a free speech deficit inorder to separate rhetoric from reality. Amazon was one of these cases.

The US walked straight into his trap. :icon_lol:

When Interpol issued an arrest warrant earlier this week for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, the international police agency charged him with 'sex crimes,' but didn't specify any further, prompting rumors that he had been accused of rape. He hadn't. "It turns out," Washington's Blog reports, that "it was for violating an obscure Swedish law against having sex without a condom." During a business trip to Stockholm last August, Assange had unprotected sex with two women (a bizarre and painfully detailed account is available on the Daily Mail's website) who upon realizing that they had both slept with him—and that he had blown them both off—jointly approached police about his refusal to take an STD test. At the time, Assange's Swedish lawyer confirmed that "the principal concern the women had about Assange's behavior… related to his lack of interest in using condoms and his refusal to undergo testing, at the women's request, for sexually transmitted disease." (Assange actually did use a condom with one of the women, but it broke). This, apparently, is hazy legal territory in Sweden. While the "consent of both women to sex with Assange has been confirmed by prosecutors," as a former attorney wrote in an impassioned op-ed, Assange has been charged with something called 'sex by surprise,' which reportedly carries a $715 fine. According to Assange's London attorney, Mark Stephens, prosecutors have yet to explain the charges or meet with the WikiLeaks chief to discuss them, which he's agreed to do. "Whatever 'sex by surprise' is, it's only an offense in Sweden—not in the U.K. or the U.S. or even Ibiza," Stephens fumed. "I feel as if I'm in a surreal Swedish movie being threatened by bizarre trolls."

Washington's Blog |

Mr Assange,

have there ever been documents forwarded to you which deal with the topic of UFOs or extraterrestrials?

Many weirdos email us about UFOs or how they discovered that they were the anti-christ whilst talking with their ex-wife at a garden party over a pot-plant. However, as yet they have not satisfied two of our publishing rules.

1) that the documents not be self-authored;

2) that they be original.

However, it is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs.

Parky just spunked in his lederhosen.

I don't need cables to verify what I know baby. But will be interesting all the same. :lol:

Unfortunately Obama has disillusioned every youth in America with his inspirational "yes we Can" campaign and his "but only if the Republicans and coroprate America say we can" presidency. None of them believe they can affect change any more. The entire 18-30 vote completely evaporated in the recent house elections.

This weeks Common Sense with Dan Carlin is particularly good on Wikileaks btw. Thanks again for the recommendation.

No problem. I haven't listened to this week's but I will do soon. He's quite an entertaining speaker. He also does a "Hardcore History" podcast which is great if you enjoy history. That's how I found him actually.

When Interpol issued an arrest warrant earlier this week for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, the international police agency charged him with 'sex crimes,' but didn't specify any further, prompting rumors that he had been accused of rape. He hadn't. "It turns out," Washington's Blog reports, that "it was for violating an obscure Swedish law against having sex without a condom." During a business trip to Stockholm last August, Assange had unprotected sex with two women (a bizarre and painfully detailed account is available on the Daily Mail's website) who upon realizing that they had both slept with him—and that he had blown them both off—jointly approached police about his refusal to take an STD test. At the time, Assange's Swedish lawyer confirmed that "the principal concern the women had about Assange's behavior… related to his lack of interest in using condoms and his refusal to undergo testing, at the women's request, for sexually transmitted disease." (Assange actually did use a condom with one of the women, but it broke). This, apparently, is hazy legal territory in Sweden. While the "consent of both women to sex with Assange has been confirmed by prosecutors," as a former attorney wrote in an impassioned op-ed, Assange has been charged with something called 'sex by surprise,' which reportedly carries a $715 fine. According to Assange's London attorney, Mark Stephens, prosecutors have yet to explain the charges or meet with the WikiLeaks chief to discuss them, which he's agreed to do. "Whatever 'sex by surprise' is, it's only an offense in Sweden—not in the U.K. or the U.S. or even Ibiza," Stephens fumed. "I feel as if I'm in a surreal Swedish movie being threatened by bizarre trolls."

Washington's Blog |

I'm moving to Sweden :lol:

PayPal has frozen WikiLeaks' account in the latest action against the whistleblower website, which has been posting leaked US embassy cables online.

The decision by the online payment site – which WikiLeaks had used to raise funds for web hosting and other costs – has been announced with a posting on PayPal's blog.

PayPal, owned by the auction website eBay, said the account had been frozen because it was being used for "illegal" activity.

This week Amazon withdrew its cloud hosting of WikiLeaks' cables site and the WikiLeaks.org domain was taken offline. It has since moved to other domains based outside America.

PayPal said: "PayPal has permanently restricted the account used by WikiLeaks due to a violation of the PayPal acceptable use policy, which states that our payment service cannot be used for any activities that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity. We've notified the account holder of this action."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/0...kileaks-account

:lol:

Dissent will not be tolerated.

As predicted.....

Could be the juiciest one yet. The papers aren't interested in running with torture and death, people find it too depressing and turn to the I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here page instead....but if Bush was saying what an arselicking puppet Blair was it'd run for weeks.

Wikileaks get investigated, but otherwise left to operate (as they do) within the law as long as they're providing evidence of lowly soldiers killing and torturing, even though they're following orders......but the moment diplomats, politicians, ambassadors and anyone with an ounce of power is embarrassed in the slightest, the full force of political pressure is brought upon them to shut down the entire operation.

Really ruffled feathers with this....the least shocking of their releases.

Edited by Happy Face

PayPal has frozen WikiLeaks' account in the latest action against the whistleblower website, which has been posting leaked US embassy cables online.

The decision by the online payment site – which WikiLeaks had used to raise funds for web hosting and other costs – has been announced with a posting on PayPal's blog.

PayPal, owned by the auction website eBay, said the account had been frozen because it was being used for "illegal" activity.

This week Amazon withdrew its cloud hosting of WikiLeaks' cables site and the WikiLeaks.org domain was taken offline. It has since moved to other domains based outside America.

PayPal said: "PayPal has permanently restricted the account used by WikiLeaks due to a violation of the PayPal acceptable use policy, which states that our payment service cannot be used for any activities that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity. We've notified the account holder of this action."

:icon_lol:

Hey! But paypal and facebook and all this stuff is cool man! It's like all revolutionary and stuff...We're the kids baby and it's like made us free and shit....blah blah blah... :lol:

As predicted.....

Could be the juiciest one yet. The papers aren't interested in running with torture and death, people find it too depressing and turn to the I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here page instead....but if Bush was saying what an arselicking puppet Blair was it'd run for weeks.

Wikileaks get investigated, but otherwise left to operate (as they do) within the law as long as they're providing evidence of lowly soldiers killing and torturing, even though they're following orders......but the moment diplomats, politicians, ambassadors and anyone with an ounce of power is embarrassed in the slightest, the full force of political pressure is brought upon them to shut down the entire operation.

Ruling elite innint.

:icon_lol:

Hey! But paypal and facebook and all this stuff is cool man! It's like all revolutionary and stuff...We're the kids baby and it's like made us free and shit....blah blah blah... :lol:

Following the lead of Daniel Elsberg...

I’m disgusted by Amazon’s cowardice and servility in abruptly terminating its hosting of the Wikileaks website, in the face of threats from Senator Joe Lieberman and other Congressional right-wingers. I want no further association with any company that encourages legislative and executive officials to aspire to China’s control of information and deterrence of whistle-blowing.

I ask Amazon to terminate immediately my account, to delete my contact and credit information from their files and to send me no more notices.

I understand that many other regular customers feel as I do and are responding the same way. Good: the broader and more immediate the boycott, the better. I hope that these others encourage their contact lists to do likewise and to let Amazon know exactly why they’re shifting their business.

So far Amazon has spared itself the further embarrassment of trying to explain its action openly. This would be a good time for Amazon insiders who know and perhaps can document the political pressures that were brought to bear–and the details of the hasty kowtowing by their bosses–to leak that information. They can send it to Wikileaks (now on servers outside the US), to mainstream journalists or bloggers, or perhaps to sites like antiwar.com that have now appropriately ended their book-purchasing association with Amazon.

Yours (no longer),

Happy Face

>>You should receive a response from one of our representatives within 12 hours.

Follow suit people, you know it makes sense.

As predicted.....

broken_record.jpg