Anelka wants to come..

Scottish Mag

NICOLAS ANELKA last night pleaded with his Fenerbahce bosses to let him join Newcastle - so he doesn't miss out on a move back to the Premiership.

And Graeme Souness has already identified the man he will turn to if the Anelka move fails ... Mark Viduka.

Anelka had a showdown with Fenerbahce chiefs to get an assurance they would accept a £6million offer for him from Souness's club.

The French striker fancies the move to the Toon - who made an improved £4.75m-plus-installments bid for him last week.

But the Turkish side are threatening to look for more than the magic £6m figure both sides were working on reaching as the target fee.

Now Anelka wants Fenerbahce to let him go at the proper valuation - the same they paid to Manchester City - as he knows Newcastle will go for Viduka instead.

Souness will change his search to Viduka in the next few days if Anelka is still out of reach. He has already sounded out Middlesbrough in the past 48 hours. Viduka could be available for around £2m and would be a decent, proven marksman to bring in. Newcastle face further frustration over Luis Boa Morte, as Fulham have rejected their £3m offer for the Portuguese flier.

Fulham are holding out for £5m and will be happy to keep their man.

Boa Morte wants out but has signed a deal and seems stuck.

If fatty is our target i hope to christ we get Anelka!!!

anyone else find it funny that we get rid of moany Bellamy and hat lazy Kluivert and try to replace them with moany Anelka and fat lazy Viduka!

:D

anyone else find it funny that we get rid of moany Bellamy and hat lazy Kluivert and try to replace them with moany Anelka and fat lazy Viduka!

:D

5165[/snapback]

aye it's stupid... but i guess for some strange reason they qualify as "proper players" and Kluivert and Bellers didn't

:blush:

5165[/snapback]

Oh yes. I am laughing all the day... :D

The number of players who I don't want anywhere near the first team is growing and growing...

Not the Fatduka rumour again! Come on Fenebache - let him sign!!!

Does anyone know if he played/scored against Everton last night in their 5-0 demolition?

EDIT: Apparently not. Turaci (2), Nobre, Yozgatli and Wor Alex the scorers.

Edited by Geordiesned

:blush:

5165[/snapback]

Not to mention drunk Moore.

Oh no, he's not a drunk is he, .cock said so! :D

Edited by Geordiesned

Let's Just hope that Fener release Anelka, imagine Fatduka playing alongside Shearer?

5239[/snapback]

You're forgetting the "tactical genius" we have in charge at NUFC, he'd play Shearer, Fatduka and Shola in a three way attack with no pace or movement and all getting in each others way!!!

Fred don't be such a twat and just pay a bit more....

Anelka or Viduka is a no-brainer!!

5458[/snapback]

I quite literally want to cry when I realise that we are going to end up with Viduka :blush:

5516[/snapback]

Same here :D

NICOLAS ANELKA moved closer to a move to Newcastle United after a sulk and a row with Turkish club Fenerbahce.

The French striker pulled out of his team's pre-season friendly with Everton, claiming he was injured to the surprise of the coaching staff.

Anelka wants to come back to England and fancies the Newcastle move after Graeme Souness launched a bid for him that is short of Fenerbahce's valuation.

The far-travelled striker has a reputation for being moody but this latest show of defiance is down to his determination to leave - and that is an encouraging sign for Newcastle.

Anelka's advisers have already spoken to Fener about the fee. There is an official buy-out clause at £13m, but realistically Fenerbahce would accept much less for the striker they bought from Manchester City for £6m.

ON Fatduka

His first season at the Riverside proved him as another of Steve McClaren's intelligent bargain buys. He showed great form in the early part of the campaign, scoring 5 goals.

However, a recurring hamstring problem kept plaguing him, leaving him on the sidelines for long stretches of the season. He made only 21 appearances and scored 7 goals.

He will be hoping for more luck in the 2005/06 season.

Not with us I hope. Surely not Mr Fat Controller, he would be subject to so much derision, save the embarrassment.

ON ANelka

Vice-president Nihat Özdemir said no more transfers will be carried out this summer, speaking after the Higher Committee Meeting today.

"We’ve reached our foreigner limit and won’t be buying anymore players," said Özdemir.

Maybe this will help the Turks make up their mind, especially if they want to bring in any more foreign players.

Hang on a second here. We also need another left sided midfield player, and with Fulham reluctant to let Boa Morte leave, perhaps we can tempt Liverpool with a bid for Harry Kewell? Along with Mighty Moore, then all we need is Viduka and we've got the core of an excellent team happening! I'm sure a few million would be all it'd take to land Brett Emerton as well.

Oh my god I think I just came in my pants. That is DEFINITELY something I'd love to see happen.

Can you imagine either Viduka or Anelka lasting beyond Christmas with our man-management guru?

5541[/snapback]

Can you imagine our man-management guru lasting beyond Christmas?

Am I the only one who thinks Viduka is a good player?

I agree I would pick Anlka over him any day and I don't want us to sign him given his injury proneness and questionable desire (and the fact that I do like the occasional pasty from Greggs and would be worried about them running out).

But I think he does have plenty of ability.

I don't think anyone doubts that he has talent, it's just that he seems that he can't be arsed to apply it and he'd just be content to sit on the bench/physio table picking up his large pay packet each week.

Plus we could do with a bit of pace up front to complement Big Al and Viduka is more of a target man.

Edited by MrBass