1 year ago

peasepud

Fantastic bloke when I met him. The Cannon who done his funeral runs the Church at the bottom of my street. I've spoke to him a few times about Sir Bob. Really was a true gent, one of kind.

RIP.

A fabulous idea IMO :)

Sir Bobby Robson's Tyneside garden tribute

Plans have been published for a memorial garden to County Durham-born football legend Sir Bobby Robson.

It will be created close to Newcastle United football ground St James's Park where he became one of the club's best-loved managers.

This Saturday will mark a year since the ex-England manager's death. He died aged 76 after battling cancer.

The garden on Gallowgate will be created by Newcastle City Council and the regeneration company NE1Ltd.

After Sir Bobby was diagnosed with cancer for a fifth time, he raised money to fund a research foundation centre in Newcastle, which opened in his name last year.

_48489832_bobb.jpg

Sir Bobby's widow Lady Robson said: "We were very touched by the proposal and now the timing feels right."

Lady Robson said: "It will feature elements of Bob's career from his early days down the mine right up to his work for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

"I'm sure Bob would have approved of it too and its location, sitting in the shadow of St James's Park, in the heart of the city, is very appropriate."

Newcastle City Council deputy leader David Faulkner said: "I am personally delighted that our city can support the development of this memorial which celebrates Sir Bobby's exceptional life and work.

"He was loved by all and it is a fitting tribute, and will be a long-lasting legacy for the people of Newcastle and football fans everywhere."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-10764591

The look on his face here...

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

One of few men in football worthy of legendary status. He did us a great favor in convincing David Moyes to stick with us the year we went to Wembley. Would love to see that memorial garden get the go ahead.

R.I.P.