More Tears from Robert

Gemmill

Robert in new Portsmouth outburst

Laurent Robert believes he is being forced out of Portsmouth and being blamed for the club's troubles.

The controversial 30-year-old winger was dropped from the Pompey squad which lost to Chelsea on Saturday.

He told the News of the World: "I don't know why I was not in the squad. You'll have to ask chairman [Milan] Mandaric.

"It seems that when we play badly or lose it is my fault. I have been made a scapegoat because we have not been winning enough games."

He added: "There are people at this club who are trying to get me out."

Pompey's caretaker-manager Joe Jordan insisted he picked the team he believed was capable of getting a result against Chelsea, but the move to drop Robert has angered the Frenchman.

He said: "I am not injured and I have been training with the team all week.

"Then on Friday, caretaker-boss Joe Jordan tells me I am not playing and I had to train with three kids. I am very angry and upset."

Robert was fined by Pompey recently after a so-called misunderstanding over his refusal to be a substitute against Sunderland.

He apologised for the incident but, for a player who rarely fails to speak his mind, he is unlikely to have helped his cause with these fresh comments.

The left-sided midfielder has also condemned team-mates for openly criticising former boss Alain Perrin, who left the club on Thursday after a poor start to the season.

Robert added: "I came here because of Alain but some players said bad things about him. It made Alain's job very difficult."

Tell you what like, I wish he still played for us.

Hooray more anti-french bollocks in a xenophobic Sunday "news"paper. Now I know where fat ginger bastard Gemill got his education from...

BTW: Ronaldo got cleared because of the lack of evidence (just in case the NOTW didn't tell you)...

BBC website actually you silly prick. Ever considered that it's not xenophobia but in fact it's Laurent Robert behaving like a spoilt brat. Oh no, it's the English media so there has to be an ulterior motive.

BBC website actually you silly prick.  Ever considered that it's not xenophobia but in fact it's Laurent Robert behaving like a spoilt brat.  Oh no, it's the English media so there has to be an ulterior motive.

61709[/snapback]

"He told the News of the World...". That was enough for me actually.

After having read so many wrong translated interviews (not only concerning Robert, more importantly in the "political" section as well) I don't believe a single word I read in this piece of shit!

BBC website actually you silly prick.  Ever considered that it's not xenophobia but in fact it's Laurent Robert behaving like a spoilt brat.  Oh no, it's the English media so there has to be an ulterior motive.

61709[/snapback]

Tut tut. Such aggessive posting. :lol:

61709[/snapback]

61717[/snapback]

:lol:

B-b-but he started it sir!

It's banter man. Why can't you pick up on it? Do I have to use smilies for you to understand this?

:icon_lol:

Yep, I'm sure Laurent said nothing of the sort.  He's a canny bairn.  Never done nowt wrong.

61715[/snapback]

We all know he is selfish and is talking shite like a little bairn. Though, when reading his interviews as they were published on his website in his mother tongue and as they were translated (first by Teena and later by O-Nut) and published on nufc.com you have to be a fool not to spot the difference of what the tabloid made of of these interviews and what he really said. I remember those times we were taking the piss out of what the tabloids could make out of these interviews...

I still want to get pointed to only one interview he did that did Newcastle really harm ... in his time as a Newcastle player. Especially the one when he got banned from the first team against Lisbon. Who was more selfish that time? The manager or Robert?

Yep, I'm sure Laurent said nothing of the sort.  He's a canny bairn.  Never done nowt wrong.

61715[/snapback]

We all know he is selfish and is talking shite like a little bairn. Though, when reading his interviews as they were published on his website in his mother tongue and as they were translated (first by Teena and later by O-Nut) and published on nufc.com you have to be a fool not to spot the difference of what the tabloid made of of these interviews and what he really said. I remember those times we were taking the piss out of what the tabloids could make out of these interviews...

I still want to get pointed to only one interview he did that did Newcastle really harm ... in his time as a Newcastle player. Especially the one when he got banned from the first team against Lisbon. Who was more selfish that time? The manager or Robert?

61720[/snapback]

Well I personally can't be arsed to go searching through Laurent Robert's whiny interviews. But I remember him getting on my tits with his victim act on numerous occasions while he was at Newcastle. A bit of professionalism from the bloke wouldn't go amiss. Looks like his career at Pompey is over now too - who's the common denominator in all of this?

61709[/snapback]

61717[/snapback]

It's banter man. Why can't you pick up on it? Do I have to use smilies for you to understand this?

61718[/snapback]

Chomp, chomp.

;)

61709[/snapback]

61717[/snapback]

61718[/snapback]

Chomp, chomp.

61724[/snapback]

Okayyyyy.... ;)

61715[/snapback]

61720[/snapback]

Well I personally can't be arsed to go searching through Laurent Robert's whiny interviews. But I remember him getting on my tits with his victim act on numerous occasions while he was at Newcastle. A bit of professionalism from the bloke wouldn't go amiss. Looks like his career at Pompey is over now too - who's the common denominator in all of this?

61723[/snapback]

Souness has been a frequent common denominator himself .....

If you look at the Lisbon game, it is more than possible we would have won that away game, if Bellamy and Robert hadn't been frozen out by fuckwit

There's no doubt that Souness put his ego before the club Gemmill. Both of those players have been sold because they clashed with Souness. Neither of those players have damaged or shamed the club anything like Dyer has done, yet he is here simply because he hasn't crossed Souness - yet.

61715[/snapback]

61720[/snapback]

61723[/snapback]

Well, I actually don't care about his interviews (or of those of any professionals). I only read them to amuse myself. But what I don't like is when words get twisted by the press. And the tabloids have a history with it. They have a xenophobic agenda (but they also do it with certain English players).

I only judge players by their football talking. Robert was far from being consistent. And his contribution at Portsmouth does speak for itself. But what counts for me is what he did at Newcastle. And I think with Robert in the team Newcastle were a better team than they are now. If this whiny, selfish Frenchman would have been replaced by a hardworking and as creative player I wouldn't give a toss what he is doing now. Today I saw Newcastle being overrun in the second half by a very mediocre Premiership side. And I am f***ing annoyed.

Edited by Isegrim

61715[/snapback]

61720[/snapback]

61723[/snapback]

If you look at the Lisbon game, it is more than possible we would have won that away game, if Bellamy and Robert hadn't been frozen out by fuckwit

There's no doubt that Souness put his ego before the club Gemmill. Both of those players have been sold because they clashed with Souness. Neither of those players have damaged or shamed the club anything like Dyer has done, yet he is here simply because he hasn't crossed Souness - yet.

61728[/snapback]

Oi! Start your own Souness thread if you want to discuss him! I've already conceded that he needs to go at the end of the season today and you're getting no more out of me than that. :lol: We both differ on Bellamy and Robert and we're never gonna agree so let's not even bother with that one...

61715[/snapback]

61720[/snapback]

61723[/snapback]

Well, I actually don't care about his interviews (or of those of any professionals). I only read them to amuse myself. But what I don't like is when words get twisted by the press. And the tabloids have a history with it. They have a xenophobic agenda (but they also do it with certain English players).

I only judge players by their football talking. Robert was far from being consistent. And his contribution at Portsmouth does speak for itself. But what counts for me is what he did at Newcastle. And I think with Robert in the team Newcastle were a better team than they are now. If this whiny, selfish Frenchman would have been replaced by a hardworking and as creative player I wouldn't give a toss what he is doing now. Today I saw Newcastle being overrun in the second half by a very mediocre Premiership side. And I am f***ing annoyed.

61729[/snapback]

His contribution at Newcastle "spoke for itself" in the year or so leading up to his departure too. The bloke is finished in this country unless he has a serious word with himself. It's a shame because he's a great player when he wants to be.

61715[/snapback]

61720[/snapback]

61723[/snapback]

61728[/snapback]

Oi! Start your own Souness thread if you want to discuss him! I've already conceded that he needs to go at the end of the season today and you're getting no more out of me than that. :lol: We both differ on Bellamy and Robert and we're never gonna agree so let's not even bother with that one...

61730[/snapback]

61715[/snapback]

61720[/snapback]

61723[/snapback]

61729[/snapback]

His contribution at Newcastle "spoke for itself" in the year or so leading up to his departure too. The bloke is finished in this country unless he has a serious word with himself. It's a shame because he's a great player when he wants to be.

61731[/snapback]

I do not disagree. Shame we couldn't replace him with someone better so far (unless you see Luque as a right (i.e. left) w(h)inger ... tbh.

Robert was a good (sometime great) player when it suited him however as soon as things went slighty against how he wanted it then he was a huffy little kid who'd go running around giving interviews to anyone who'd listen.

If a 'great' like Robert cant make it at the likes of Pompey then where can he do it? Its about time some people admitted that the blokes a whinging lazy waste of ink on a teamsheet.

Its time we stopped seeing the selling by Souness of every player who ever managed to make any mark as a sign that hes shite. Sou doesnt need those things to prove his inability, the tactics and performances do that.

an exceptional footballer posessed by a spoilt 6 yr old, oh if only the BMA would permit genesplicing experiments.

a 19 yr old spliced with Shearer, spliced with Robert, Beardsley, Sir Les, Cole, Ginola.

trouble is, with our luck we'd get a stubborn, spoilt, child-beating, one footed, ego-maniacal, flounce-alot

Still he's a mardy bum who has wasted his chance to become a true great for this club and now a club operating beneath his ability