Ronaldinho at peak vs Messi now

Besty

Pinched off another forum but it's a good question...

Ronaldinho at his peak versus the current Messi, who do you believe is better?

If Ronaldinho kept it up I really believe he would be better than Messi, if you forget the last couple of years he was a truly quality player.

My favourite goal of his would have to be the one against Chelsea:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Messi. Mainly because I'm too young to remember ronaldinho, the only thing i remember is him being 99 in fifa games :)

FFS.

:razz:

Ronnie was on a par with Messi with his ability to dribble, but he had the showmanship and tricks of Ronaldo to boot. Shame he let things outside of football spoil his talent. Messi seems to have his head screwed on more and was better, younger, so in the long run I reckon Messi will be remembered as the better player.

Ronnie was on a par with Messi with his ability to dribble, but he had the showmanship and tricks of Ronaldo to boot. Shame he let things outside of football spoil his talent. Messi seems to have his head screwed on more and was better, younger, so in the long run I reckon Messi will be remembered as the better player.

Totally agree with this like, no disputing it. Just at Ronaldinho's peak I believe he was better than Messi... as you say the ability to dribble was equal but there was a bit of a wow factor about Ronnie and you always expected something to happen when he had the ball.

Remember when we were strongly linked with Ronaldinho coming here? Wasn't it the summer of 2003? Chance would have been a fine thing :)

Tough call really.

Messi is more direct, whereas Ronaldinho circa 2003-2005 could run at people, but he also had the playmaking ability that Messi doesn't have, yet.

Remember when we were strongly linked with Ronaldinho coming here? Wasn't it the summer of 2003? Chance would have been a fine thing :razz:

I think a few people were saying there was no point in signing him anyway as Robert was better :)

messi's a better passer than him and more team orientated already, but less flash, more end product. ronaldinho was at his peak for 4-5 seasons, messi (whilst pretty much always excellent) has only really started to show us signs of his talent over the last 2-3 years. by the time he is 30, he'll be (if still fit) possibly recognised as the best player in the world, ever.

I don't think, in terms of being the worlds number 1 player, Ronaldhino is anywhere near as good as Johan Cryuff, Pele or Diego Maradona were.

Messi might reach those heights in time though.

Guest Gordon McKeag

The real Ronaldo is the best player that ever lived in my view, and its a shame he'll never be viewed as such cos he's such a fat cunt.

Messi is better than Ronaldinho was no doubt about it. He was only top top drawer for two seasons of his career imo, his last at Barca he was shite, and his last two at PSG he lacked motivation.

Hard to imagine how good Pele would have to have been to be better than Ronaldo at his peak like. Trouble is, the further you go back, the less televised games there are. Virtually the only time you used to see players like Platini and Maradona was the World Cup or European Championships.

The real Ronaldo is the best player that ever lived in my view, and its a shame he'll never be viewed as such cos he's such a fat cunt.

Messi is better than Ronaldinho was no doubt about it. He was only top top drawer for two seasons of his career imo, his last at Barca he was shite, and his last two at PSG he lacked motivation.

:)