Please Alan

Kevin Carr's Gloves

I remember when you signed. It was the 2nd biggest signing we have ever made (sorry but I am over 30 and to me the Keegan one was bigger). I remember watching you alongside Les ferdinand. How you didn't play together for England was a travesty. I get sad realising you gave up medals galore to come home and try and build something worthwhile in your home town. And now I am worried.

I am worried that people are going to remember this season too long. I am worried that all your former glories will not shine through. I am worried that this will be called your season too far.

Because that's what it is. We can see that beneath the ashes the fire still burns. We can see how much you love to win and hate to lose. But we can also see the legs aren't there anymore. The pace has gone. The decisions that got us all those free kicks on the edge of the area seem to be going the other way.

We do need you now Alan. But we need you to make a brave decision. It's time to take off the shirt and put on the suit. There is a big chair on the bench with your name on it and underneath it says manager. Help us get rid of the man killing our club. And lets build for the future. lets play football the way you liked it when KK was boss.

Get yourself a great 1st team coach (Derek Fazackerly maybe) and an old head to help your first ouple of seasons. Come on Alan take us where we belong and lead from the front.

I remember when you signed. It was the 2nd biggest signing we have ever made (sorry but I am over 30 and to me the Keegan one was bigger). I remember watching you alongside Les ferdinand. How you didn't play together for England was a travesty. I get sad realising you gave up medals galore to come home and try and build something worthwhile in your home town. And now I am worried.

I am worried that people are going to remember this season too long. I am worried that all your former glories will not shine through. I am worried that this will be called your season too far.

Because that's what it is. We can see that beneath the ashes the fire still burns. We can see how much you love to win and hate to lose. But we can also see the legs aren't there anymore. The pace has gone. The decisions that got us all those free kicks on the edge of the area seem to be going the other way.

We do need you now Alan. But we need you to make a brave decision. It's time to take off the shirt and put on the suit. There is a big chair on the bench with your name on it and underneath it says manager. Help us get rid of the man killing our club. And lets build for the future. lets play football the way you liked it when KK was boss.

Get yourself a great 1st team coach (Derek Fazackerly maybe) and an old head to help your first ouple of seasons. Come on Alan take us where we belong and lead from the front.

61671[/snapback]

I read this post fearing it would be an assasination attempt on Shearer, but thankfully it isn't. I agree to an extent; I think he should get Mike Newell as his number two. Still think he can play a few more games though - with our strikers we have little choice anyway.

Still think he can play a few more games though - with our strikers we have little choice anyway.

61672[/snapback]

I agree here. Until we maybe see the best of what Luque has to offer, Alan is still the second best striker at the club.

I read this post fearing it would be an assasination attempt on Shearer, but thankfully it isn't. I agree to an extent; I think he should get Mike Newell as his number two. Still think he can play a few more games though - with our strikers we have little choice anyway.

61672[/snapback]

Interesting idea. Newell has done well as a manager so far but there are a lot af bad stories about him around Hartlepool. Who else was Shearer best buds with through his career? the names that spring to mind are Newell, Rob Lee (has he done any coaching?), Ruddock and Flowers. Could he bring in someone to work with the defenders? Is he friendly with Tony Adams from their England days for example?