starting 11 for the first game of the season

Dr Gloom

without further additions, i reckon this is probably our strongest lineup. we will probably go 5 in midfield against man u. looks like we'll do well to avoid a spanking.

-----------------------------------harper

pirch--------- campbell (if fit)-----------collocini------------enrique

-----------------------------------smith

-------------------------guthrie------------nolan

---------routledge---------------------------------------jonas

----------------------------------carrol

bench - krul, williamson, barton, lovenkrands, best, r taylor, (xisco/vuckic)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
without further additions, i reckon this is probably our strongest lineup. we will probably go 5 in midfield against man u. looks like we'll do well to avoid a spanking.

-----------------------------------harper

pirch--------- campbell (if fit)-----------collocini------------enrique

-----------------------------------smith

-------------------------guthrie------------nolan

---------routledge---------------------------------------jonas

----------------------------------carrol

bench - krul, williamson, barton, lovenkrands, best, r taylor, (xisco/vuckic)

Am so happy looking at that Butt is gone, we are so short imo its scary though.

Harper

Perch

Williamson

Coloccini

Enrique

Routledge

Guthrie

Barton

Gutierrez

Nolan

Carroll

you could be right as hughton seems to rate barton, but who sits and holds the midfield if we play that line up?

smith

guthrie

nolan

:razz:

Man U, Man U will tear us apart....again.

Big Andy to tear Vidic a new one. :D

i'm just hoping rooney carries on his world cup form into this game

Harper

Perch

Williamson

Coloccini

Enrique

Routledge

Guthrie

Barton

Gutierrez

Nolan

Carroll

you could be right as hughton seems to rate barton, but who sits and holds the midfield if we play that line up?

I'm assuming we'll play a five man midfield with Nolan given license to come forward like we did last year which would negate the need for an out and out holding midfielder. We may as well start with ten men if we play Smith, God knows we'll finish with that man players on the pitch.

Harper

Perch

Williamson

Coloccini

Enrique

Routledge

Guthrie

Barton

Gutierrez

Nolan

Carroll

I'm assuming we'll play a five man midfield with Nolan given license to come forward like we did last year which would negate the need for an out and out holding midfielder. We may as well start with ten men if we play Smith, God knows we'll finish with that man players on the pitch.

got it's depressing isn't it. man u will tear through whichever midfield we put out of the current lot. just hope it isn't too big a caining.

Despite what I said in the Deportivo thread I'd start Barton ahead of Smith, probably in a five-man midfield. Not that Carroll is really capable of playing the loan striking role imo.

Despite what I said in the Deportivo thread I'd start Barton ahead of Smith, probably in a five-man midfield. Not that Carroll is really capable of playing the loan striking role imo.

Think he will go 5 in the middle against ManU.

is smith ever going to get a game up front again?

Last night my mate said that they should have let Smith take the penalty to see if the universe caved in on itself when he scored.

As for the Man United game, there's no way we're going to score given the striking options we have so it'll be best to pack the midfield and try and cling on. How fucking depressing is that, man?

I think he fancies himself as the new Roy Keane unfortunately. I'd rather him kicking the opposition in their box than close to ours.

smith

guthrie

nolan

:razz:

Man U, Man U will tear us apart....again.

Big Andy to tear Vidic a new one. :D

i'm just hoping rooney carries on his world cup form into this game

Hope to fuck he does, unfortunately I can see him sticking a hatfull past us.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I wish he wasn't here. He's shit, he's slow, he can't pass, he can't tackle, he can't dribble. TODAY he's revealing why he supports Rangers on their website "cos they beat Leeds in the CL in 1992", maybe I should support Inter Milan then? If we could get anything over £1m for him considering his wages too, I'd be delighted.

I wish he wasn't here. He's shit, he's slow, he can't pass, he can't tackle, he can't dribble. TODAY he's revealing why he supports Rangers on their website "cos they beat Leeds in the CL in 1992", maybe I should support Inter Milan then? If we could get anything over £1m for him considering his wages too, I'd be delighted.

He really is pants like, always said he was overrated even in his best days, don't think he ever scored ten league goals in one season IIRC. It's interesting how most of that Leeds team that did well in the CL did next to nowt in their post Leeds careers. The likes of Bowyer, Woodgate, Kewell, Smith, Viduka, Bakke, Harte, Mills etc all fizzled out or became perma-crocks very quickly.

Honestly don't know how anyone can put Smith ahead of Guthrie or Barton. He wasn't even much cop in the Championship. I know Guthrie arguably wasn't either but he looked the part when he played in the middle. Smith absolutely finished imo.

Guthrie was good when played in the middle, poor when played out wide, which is no surprise. Now that we've got that new wonderkid left winger* we won't have to see anyone played out of place out wide again thankfully**.

* - yes I am taking the piss and talking about Xisco here

** - I guarantee we'll frequently see players out of position ie. Barton and Guthrie wide in midfield, Smith on the field.

Some players who are decent at keeping the ball is what we need.

I'm pretty sure he said in an interview that he doesn't feel he's capable of playing as a striker since he go that horrific injury. How that squares with him playing as a combative midfielder I don't know :D

Honestly don't know how anyone can put Smith ahead of Guthrie or Barton. He wasn't even much cop in the Championship. I know Guthrie arguably wasn't either but he looked the part when he played in the middle. Smith absolutely finished imo.

it's like choosing between being being burried alive or hung, drawn and quarted. neither are going to be a good option.