N'Zogbia handed first France call

Guest alex

Alex away to look for a post by me criticisng Anelka :D

Well, I do remember you criticising him when we were linked with him under Souness so I'd best not go there, eh? :razz:

Souness would not have managed him, I think I said that :icon_lol:

That's not saying much and KK never liked characters like N'Zogbia.

we will never know. He spent a lot of man management time with Ginola though.

Aye, we never will. Selling him when we did / replacing him with Taylor was a mistake, I don't deny that for one minute. It probably cost us PL survival, considering how close we were to going down. That said, he acted pretty deplorably in, more or less, manufacturing a move away, Kinnear's comments notwithstanding. So it's debatable as to how much difference he may have made if he'd been 'forced' to hang around. I just don't get why people rate him so much I suppose. Bad character, decent talent is what I'm saying I suppose and the former overshadows and hinders the latter. I did have time for him though because he did bring that frisson of excitement when he was in possession because he did have attacking ability, particularly dribbling, which you don't see that much. Also, left-peg, as you said.

Edited by alex

I liked N'Zogbia myself, sure he thinks he's the bees knees but a lot of footballers are like that unfortunately. Could never understand the level of criticism he and Milner got in their time here. Always pained me to see us playing the likes of Duff ahead of N'Zog or forcing the latter into left back.

France squad: Nicolas Douchez (Rennes), Stephane Ruffier (Monaco), Aly Cissokho (Monaco), Mathieu Debuchy (Lille), Rod Fanni (Rennes), Philippe Mexes (Roma), Adil Rami (Lille), Mamadou Sakho (Paris St Germain), Benoit Tremoulinas (Bordeaux), Yohane Cabaye (Lille), Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid), Blaise Matuidi (Saint-Etienne), Yann Mvila (Saint-Etienne), Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan), Samir Nasri (Arsenal), Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse), Hatem Ben Arfa (Marseille), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Jimmy Briand (Lyon), Guillaume Hoarau (Paris St Germain), Jeremy Menez (Roma), Loic Remy (Nice).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8888903.stm

domenech was a fucking mental

n'zogbia got shitload of points for wigan on fantasy football last season. can't decide between him and ethrington this year. both similar in price but etherington takes pens.

Aye, we never will. Selling him when we did / replacing him with Taylor was a mistake, I don't deny that for one minute. It probably cost us PL survival, considering how close we were to going down. That said, he acted pretty deplorably in, more or less, manufacturing a move away, Kinnear's comments notwithstanding. So it's debatable as to how much difference he may have made if he'd been 'forced' to hang around. I just don't get why people rate him so much I suppose. Bad character, decent talent is what I'm saying I suppose and the former overshadows and hinders the latter. I did have time for him though because he did bring that frisson of excitement when he was in possession because he did have attacking ability, particularly dribbling, which you don't see that much. Also, left-peg, as you said.

That pretty much covers my thoughts on him. He scored pretty high on the Optra Index last year iirc.

I'm not anti-N'Zogbia. Just don't think he's all that. He thinks he's better than he is and seems to think Arsenal are always on the verge of signing him. His attitude isn't great and that doesn't help. He looks good when he adds graft to his guile but spends too much time thinking that's below him. He's only in the squad because the 23 from the WC aren't. I think Wigan got the better deal like :scratchchin:

That. Still would of prefered to keep him mind.

he [zoggy] just needs good handling, and/or better players around him, there is nowt wrong with that when you have the ability. Everybody is different.

Difficult to say anything good about any player that doesn't try in a game. Especially a frog.

I wouldn't say "try", but good managers accept and manage different personalities in all walks of life. Bobby Robson got performances out of him and Keegan have done too.

You know there are plenty of poor managers out there, and many players who perform better for some managers than others. That's just the way it is.

Did he actually play any games under Robson? If he did it'll be like 4 at the most.

he [zoggy] just needs good handling, and/or better players around him, there is nowt wrong with that when you have the ability. Everybody is different.

Difficult to say anything good about any player that doesn't try in a game. Especially a frog.

I wouldn't say "try", but good managers accept and manage different personalities in all walks of life. Bobby Robson got performances out of him and Keegan have done too.

You know there are plenty of poor managers out there, and many players who perform better for some managers than others. That's just the way it is.

Did he actually play any games under Robson? If he did it'll be like 4 at the most.

Must be a case of this:

:lol:

or this

:scratchchin:

:icon_lol: