Sign in to follow this  
JawD

JawD's Images

For Firework pics I use bulb setting. Not sure if you know it, but its manual mode and the exposure time set to maximum. I use the remote release and tell the shutter when to start/stop. Typically was around 2 seconds.

For Firework pics I use bulb setting. Not sure if you know it, but its manual mode and the exposure time set to maximum. I use the remote release and tell the shutter when to start/stop. Typically was around 2 seconds.

No i've never heard of it but i'll have a look in to it... always good to learn a new trick or 2

5203742762_4f04eb5c95_z.jpg

5203144855_df027a4e96_z.jpg

Top one's really good... you have a good eye for angles... certainly a lot better than mine! Did you deliberatley place the image so it went from the top right corner to the bottom left? I think this is the kind of thing I need to start learning.

2nd one is really good too, good use of lines to draw you in to the picture and the focal point of the plane

5215125056_43d7cccde7_z.jpg

5215120598_0d52b82378_z.jpg

I like the leaf shot... nice contrast between the red leaf and white snow!

Thanks for the recommendation of Finchale Priory BTW, braved the 40 mile round trip in the pretty bad weather on Saturday to do a shoot there... was totaly worth it! Really beautiful in the snow!

Edited by ajax_andy

Taken on the Millenium Bridge. I liked the two textures of the fallen leaf against the brushed metal of the bridge.

5329807219_16f7ba167c_z.jpg

This was a flower that was starting to die, took the shot with my macro. In photoshop I increased the black levels to remove the background and exaggerate the shadows.

5423544708_3f65fdfef9_z.jpg

Couple of mono's taking recently

5422789408_7fbd3ae93d_z.jpg

Nice shot & pose by the young un... Only a minor thing but I think u need to rotate the background by maybe 1 degree as its not quite straight... its not a bit deal though and overall its a really good shot

5422787750_5acdc40f09_z.jpg

Really good shot

This was a flower that was starting to die, took the shot with my macro. In photoshop I increased the black levels to remove the background and exaggerate the shadows.

5423544708_3f65fdfef9_z.jpg

Lovely pic... nice post processing of an already strong image too.

Strong image and good contrast

Cheers both. Aye Andy, you're right about that image. Wondering how my kid sat straight and the door is not... Aye, 1-2 to the left should sort that.

Cheers both. Aye Andy, you're right about that image. Wondering how my kid sat straight and the door is not... Aye, 1-2 to the left should sort that.

Haha yeah its annoying when that happens! I think sometimes you have to just try and make it so they are both not quite straight, but of equal amounts to keep the image balanced.

I've had a few like that before.

Had a day in Durham today. These are a few of the shots taken. Most of these included use of Grad filters and a polariser.

5434784902_396b5151f5_z.jpg

5434788104_ea578e6788_z.jpg

5434784090_9998177874_z.jpg

5434782500_577edcfa71_z.jpg

This one was slightly different in that (as you can likely tell by my not so good photoshop skills) I use two images. One metered for the end of the tunnel and one the inside.

5434764576_fdbf6e7044_z.jpg

This last one is a stitch panoramic of around 5 images.

5434163633_c7262c6642_b.jpg