Thank you for your visit to Glasgow.

luvly_jubbly

Hello there,

Must say the traveling support did you'd proud and say most of the game except when we scored our two goals and also spoke to a few after the game walking to our bus the only bad thing I can say is some of the chavs are little arseholes but that is a minority.

If I get any pictures of the game I shall post them here.

I hope you enjoyed your trip and hope to see you's again soon.

GOALS - http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/6495598/

Edited by luvly_jubbly

Two great goals by Rangers, first one beautiful cross.

Second one, horrible defending but a good goal none the less.

We're gonna get tore apart by United if we can't even beat a small team like Rangers :scratchchin:

We're gonna get tore apart by United if we can't even beat a small team like Rangers :scratchchin:

Don't think I've ever once refferred to Newcastle as "united" in my life to be honest.

Neither does anyone except the official site. It's the presumption by Man U that they are the only noteworthy club known as "united" in the land that grates.

... It's the presumption by Man U that they are the only noteworthy club known as "united" in the land that grates.

Technically true though isn't it? Looking at last year's table, the only other "United" was West Ham, who finished 17th. Its been a while since Newcastle or Leeds did owt.

... It's the presumption by Man U that they are the only noteworthy club known as "united" in the land that grates.

Technically true though isn't it? Looking at last year's table, the only other "United" was West Ham, who finished 17th. Its been a while since Newcastle or Leeds did owt.

Technically, no they aren't

When are we getting a Man U badge for this knobhead?

Main Entry: note·wor·thy

Pronunciation: \-ˌwər-thē\

Function: adjective

Date: 1552

: worthy of or attracting attention especially because of some special excellence <a noteworthy contribution>

— note·wor·thi·ly \-thə-lē\ adverb

— note·wor·thi·ness \-thē-nəs\ noun

Main Entry: note·wor·thy

Pronunciation: \-ˌwər-thē\

Function: adjective

Date: 1552

: worthy of or attracting attention especially because of some special excellence <a noteworthy contribution>

— note·wor·thi·ly \-thə-lē\ adverb

— note·wor·thi·ness \-thē-nəs\ noun

So Newcastle, Leeds, neither of these clubs have excelled?

Guest Tuco Ramirez

We're gonna get tore apart by United if we can't even beat a small team like Rangers :lol:

This is what SKY has done to football. Toon fans calling Man Utd "United", and toon fans who don't know what "canny lad" means :scratchchin::(:icon_lol:

We're gonna get tore apart by United if we can't even beat a small team like Rangers :lol:

This is what SKY has done to football. Toon fans calling Man Utd "United", and toon fans who don't know what "canny lad" means :scratchchin::(:icon_lol:

Hopefully it's just Kevin. Christ, imagine a lad actually from Newcastle being as dim.

Hopefully it's just Kevin. Christ, imagine a lad actually from Newcastle being as dim.

Gabby Yorath does it too, she's supposed to be a Newcastle fan.

Has Alan Shearer ever said it on the box ?

Gabby Yorath does it too, she's supposed to be a Newcastle fan.

Has Alan Shearer ever said it on the box ?

I think he mite if aye...gets on my tits too.

So Newcastle, Leeds, neither of these clubs have excelled?

Of course they have (especially Leeds) but, as I said originally, its been a while since Leeds or Newcastle did owt that I would consider 'noteworthy'. I would say its been 7 years now since Newcastle did anything conceivably noteworthy (5th in the league - same year Leeds tumbled).... and at least 9 years since Leeds were competing for anything. Moreover, I can't see Leeds or Newcastle challenging for anything in the near future.

(I apologise if I've forgotten Leeds/Newcastle having any exciting FA/Carling cup adventures over recent years.... but none spring to mind).

Its therefore pretty understandable that the default team that spring to mind for "United" these days is MUFC. However, Kevin has no excuse. For a NUFC fan to refer to MUFC as "United" is totally unnacceptable. It is funny, from my point of view, but understandably totally unacceptable from your point of view. I would go as far to consider it "treason" if a MUFC fan referred to NUFC or LUFC as "United".... and I would have to suggest death by catapult etc

it's understandable, but not excusable iyam.

Man U are just that, Man U, it's no harder to say Man U than it is "United". It shouldn't be the go-to nickname for them. It makes sense not to call them the Red Devils, for one it sounds like an MLS side. But to give Man U monopoly on the name "United" is fucking retarded.

Manchester United didn't exist until after, Newcastle, Carlisle, Sheffield, Hartlepool had first formed, so they don't even get to claim seniority.

Man U are just that, Man U, it's no harder to say Man U than it is "United". It shouldn't be the go-to nickname for them...

I'll actually agree with you on this.... but going back to your original comment

it's the presumption by Man U that they are the only noteworthy...

The presumption isn't really made (unjustfiably) by MUFC fans. MUFC fans quite rightly refer to their own club as "United" as should any other such club like Leeds, Newcastle or Sheff U. I think your beef is/should be more with the "non MUFC" fans who understandably, but not justifiably, give MUFC the default for "United".....

Man U are just that, Man U, it's no harder to say Man U than it is "United". It shouldn't be the go-to nickname for them...

I'll actually agree with you on this.... but going back to your original comment

it's the presumption by Man U that they are the only noteworthy...

The presumption isn't really made (unjustfiably) by MUFC fans. MUFC fans quite rightly refer to their own club as "United" as should any other such club like Leeds, Newcastle or Sheff U. I think your beef is/should be more with the "non MUFC" fans who understandably, but not justifiably, give MUFC the default for "United".....

people in Sheffield refer to the local teams as "united" or "wednesday".

Manchester is no different, but only within the city is acceptable.

The media have started this practice nationwide courtesy of the Sky revolution :scratchchin: and the pundits who do it make me squirm, but as we know it is helped by the fact that so many ManU fans are daytrippers from every little village in cornwall etc that don't have a football team of their own.

if there are 18 blokes called John in the room, but one of them insists they’re the only one who should be called John, you would always regard that bloke as an absolute tosser.

When you go to Old Trafford the place is full of ‘One United’.

People form Manchester hate being the shortened title of ‘Man’ for Manchester — so Man U or Man City it is then.