Horse racing

kockhead

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Both are canny shit tbh. Aintree only has two meetings or something doesn't it?

I prefer going to Hexham over the other two, and I've been to all three.

Nice course that. Lovely setting. I was just thinking of it as it happens as even somewhere as small as that has a lot more than two meetings. Great minds, eh?

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Nice course that. Lovely setting. I was just thinking of it as it happens as even somewhere as small as that has a lot more than two meetings. Great minds, eh?

Aye. Best setting of any sports venue in Britain imo. I've been to Gosforth Park twice in the last five years. Hexham at least ten times, it's overrun with jocks, but it's fantastic, favourites graveyard too every time I've been up.

I think the Riverside at Durham is a rather nice spot too like.

Haven't been to Hexham or Newcastle Races for years. Can't be arsed these days.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Cheltenham is one of the best in the country. FACT

Not been but you couldn't argue with that. Another beautiful setting too.

Cheltenham is the Wembley of World racing in my view, pisses all over Aintree, I've never been but I want to go.

Cheltenham is the Wembley of World racing in my view, pisses all over Aintree, I've never been but I want to go.

The Gold Cup is on my 'to do' list :D

Guest Tuco Ramirez

The Gold Cup is on my 'to do' list :D

Aye me too but am sick of hearing about Kauto Star and Denman, was pleased something else won it last year.

Actually got a tip a minute ago by text. 4:00 Lingfield - Yankee Storm. 7/2 - just stuck a daft 5a on it. Kid I got the tip off like has given me 2 winners out of about 6. Reckons its come from the owner blah blah...

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Grand National day pisses on gold cup day. Haydock park another merseyside course pisses on Newcastle racecourse. Can't compare Aintree to Newcastle Aintree worldclass course.

The National was shite when I was there in 1995. Whole day was a disappointment.

Grand National day pisses on gold cup day. Haydock park another merseyside course pisses on Newcastle racecourse. Can't compare Aintree to Newcastle Aintree worldclass course.

You've evidently never been to Cheltenham either :D The Gold Cup is the choice of the purists. Grand National is the choice of the corporate idiots who have no real interest in the sport.

Oh yeah and once and for all, Aintree is a fucking dump. All it has is the National.

The National was shite when I was there in 1995. Whole day was a disappointment.

Why because you lost your money?

You've evidently never been to Cheltenham either :D The Gold Cup is the choice of the purists. Grand National is the choice of the corporate idiots who have no real interest in the sport.

Oh yeah and once and for all, Aintree is a fucking dump. All it has is the National.

How the fuck is Aintree a dump? You've never been there. Not one council estate in Aintree. Grand National day twice as many people turn up than Gold cup day.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Why because you lost your money?

How the fuck is Aintree a dump? You've never been there. Not one council estate in Aintree. Grand National day twice as many people turn up than Gold cup day.

In terms of housing I would describe Aintree, as an extremely poor mans Hadrian Park.

Only because they've demolished those flats :D

Been there more times than I care to remember actually. The only reason the place is a success is its location: Get to the end of the M57/M58, turn left, pass ASDA and it's soon on your left. At least those corporate tits don't have to venture into the city to get the fuck out of there.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I've had this conversation with many many people, but where, WHERE THE FUCK, do scousers get their arrogance from? A nation laughs at them, ridicules them and they somehow look down their nose at everyone else from their scruffy deluded bubble, you sum it up well Shackbleep.

It's that weird mix of arrogance and victim complex that I don't get.

"Everybody thinks we're great and funny and that, but it's not fair that nobody seems to like us, lets have a minutes silence"

Only because they've demolished those flats :D

Been there more times than I care to remember actually. The only reason the place is a success is its location: Get to the end of the M57/M58, turn left, pass ASDA and it's soon on your left. At least those corporate tits don't have to venture into the city to get the fuck out of there.

You'll know Old Roan, Oriel park. Chidwall, Crosby, Notty Ash, Penny lane, Aigburth, penny lane call them places shitholes?

Bertie Southstreet 8.20 Nottingham (from a reliable source nod nod wink wink)

There you go my scouse friend would suggest you put everything you have on it :D

Hope you took my advice my scouse buddy and hopefully you got on it earlier when it was trading at 4-1, i am afraid this was a one off and i won't be repeating the favour because i have to make a living out of it. :D

Here Kophead, I thought you were starting your stint on the Queen Mary yesterday? :D

On me laptop mate you can use laptops on the boat

Aye, righto :D