Given in no hurry to sign on..

Scottish Mag

Newcastle goalkeeper Shay Given says he will wait until next summer before deciding on his St James' Park future.

The 29-year-old Republic of Ireland international has two years left on his current deal and has been linked with a move away from the Magpies.

"So far they have not offered me a new deal, so we will have to see where this season takes us and I will look at it again," he told the News of the World.

"But I have to say I am in no mad rush to sign a new contract at Newcastle."

Given has been linked with moves to Manchester United and Arsenal this summer after several seasons as one of the Premiership's top stoppers.

And after seeing Newcastle finish 14th last season Given has been disappointed by the club's lack of activity in the transfer market.

He added: "We have sold six players and brought in two so anyone can do the maths and see we are short."

it's fair to Shay to be honest... i would be devastated if he wen't but wouldn't begrudge him a move after all the shit he's put up with over the years

Whilst I have no doubt that Shay must be considering his future at trophyless Newcastle, that does not sound like the sort of thing he would say. Sounds like made up bollocks to stir it up to me.

Newcastle goalkeeper Shay Given says he will wait until next summer before deciding on his St James' Park future.

Can't blame him. Can you ? Maybe the dutch lad will be on stream by then !

Can't blame him. Can you ? Maybe the dutch lad will be on stream by then !

5296[/snapback]

Can Krul play on the right wing, so that he can replace Bellamy? :D

Don't blame Given at all. Like the rest of us he's sat and saw the squad dismantled with nowhere near enough quality players comign in when we all knew we needed to be stronger than last year not weaker.