Just back from Everton

Tom_NUFC

Dear God.

That was awful. We lost against an awful side. I'm sure you all know that, in fact if you watched it on Telly you'd have had a better view than I did. I'd forgotten how much of a hovel Goodison Park is. F*ckin awful, tatty, outdated, shitty views.

Liverpool (the city) gets worse everytime I go there. I can't think of another British city that looks as desperate, tatty and grim. The things about burnt out/derelict buildings and entire rows of boarded up houses really are no joke. Honestly, there's nowhere in Newcastle as bad as a lot of Liverpool.

Anyway, back to the game. Utter shite. We SHOULD have won that. Not because we were unlucky or anything, we weren't, but they were shite and trying, we were just shite and even playing at our normal (if there is a normal for us) standard, we'd have had them no bother.

If Michael Owen had played, we'd have won, but that's the point. At the moment we rely/depend on Owen far too much. If he doesn't play, basically we're f*cked.

Bramble and Boumsong were appalling. I'm not trying to defend them (excuse the pun), but I can't help thinking that if we had more options up front, there would be less pressure on the defence.

At the end there were three players that I could see were arsed. Given, Shearer and Ramage. The rest buggered off, they applauded us. Not many people applauded back. I did, but my applause was for those three and NOT the rest of those buggers.

I'll make an exception for Luque. He was shite today, but given his long injury lay off and his lack of experience playing in the side, and indeed English football, he should be exempt and anyone writing the lad off on the basis of today is out of order judging him so soon.

Everton fans quiet as f*ck. Hardly a peep out of them except when they scored and they went back to sleep pretty sharpish.

It was as funny as ever winding them up. They can't help but get angry and start jestering at us, which is funny as f*ck. That was the best bit of the day. Even when they were winning (and after the game as well), winding them up was so easy.

I liked the 'You stole my stereo' song.

First away game for several years. The away support and craic is terrific. I wish we could have a bit more of it at SJP.

Don't know how us and the Everton fans came over on the telly.

Minutes applause for George Best, well observed by both sides.

On the telly the Everton fans sounded like the whinging scouse makems they are. Everytime one of our players brings a ball down on their chest the call of hand ball screams through the audio.

Our lot were great as always, singing, not that there was much to sing about.

Have to disagree about Shearer he looked dreadful today, off the pace and Parker looked like he cared but have to agree about the rest - if the team actually looked like they gave a shit we all know we'd never lose to such a shit team.

Also, heard a great new song on the way back on the coach.

(to the tune of Land of Hope and Glory)

"We've got Michael Owen,

You've got Jonathan Stead.

We've got Alan Shearer,

and you've got Dean Whitehead"

62202[/snapback]

:lol: Love it!

Liverpool (the city) gets worse everytime I go there. I can't think of another British city that looks as desperate, tatty and grim.  The things about burnt out/derelict buildings and entire rows of boarded up houses really are no joke. Honestly, there's nowhere in Newcastle as bad as a lot of Liverpool.

Can't say I agree with that, it's changed massively in the last 15 years, at least as much as Newcastle. Mind you, I would agree that some areas are positively third world, but they are quite easy to avoid if you know the place, muh like areas of Newcastle.