The referee.

Optimistic Nut

Before we get the normal brigade of people having a go at Souness blaming the referee again for this defeat...I blame both.

I blame Souness & the players for the inept 2nd-half display, but had the referee done his job AGAIN (Wigan all over again), we'd have played over an hour today, probably 1-0 up and against 10-men.

Before we get the normal brigade of people having a go at Souness blaming the referee again for this defeat...I blame both.

I blame Souness & the players for the inept 2nd-half display, but had the referee done his job AGAIN (Wigan all over again), we'd have played over an hour today, probably 1-0 up and against 10-men.

61762[/snapback]

I don't know nut it looked like Martyn had it covered.

Forget Souness's lack of tactics, the injury excuse or whatever else you want to blame, the team has absolutely no desire. There is no movement off the ball. With few exceptions they are always second to a loose ball, they get turned by talentless opposition, some players find it easier to fall over in the hope of gaining a free kick than standing up and fighting for position and let's not even talk about their passing. At the moment there isn't really anything positive in the team's play and when they have a moment of good possession it always breaks down with the same players giving the ball away cheaply with a stray pass.

61762[/snapback]

Forget Souness's lack of tactics, the injury excuse or whatever else you want to blame, the team has absolutely no desire. There is no movement off the ball. With few exceptions they are always second to a loose ball, they get turned by talentless opposition, some players find it easier to fall over in the hope of gaining a free kick than standing up and fighting for position and let's not even talk about their passing. At the moment there isn't really anything positive in the team's play and when they have a moment of good possession it always breaks down with the same players giving the ball away cheaply with a stray pass.

61765[/snapback]

Martyn may have had it covered, but had the referee spotted the handball, at the very least we'd have had the penalty and probably came away with a draw...but a red-card would have probably followed.

i understand where you are coming from ON....but

the attitude of players is borne out of the managers .......

If he has a positive attitude, and motivates his players to believe they can overcome knock backs, which are all part of the game after all...

Or if he makes excuses, and as such instills a mentality in his players that they can underperform so long as they have an excuse .......

It all comes from him mate. Thats why he is so important, and why he is paid so much, and why the buck stops with him

Like Wigan, we didn't do enough over 90 minutes to win the match, we were second best.

Had we done enough and been the best team, something would probably have gone our way to counter the one that didn't.

Don't forget the matches we've won that we were lucky to win.

Why is everyone making a big deal of that decision, but nothing of the leniancy the ref showed in only booking 5 of our players?

Seems to be trained into our players to elbow the shit out of anyone getting within 5 yards.

Why is everyone making a big deal of that decision, but nothing of the leniancy the ref showed in only booking 5 of our players?

Seems to be trained into our players to elbow the shit out of anyone getting within 5 yards.

61840[/snapback]

Shearer was definitely out of order with the elbow on Weir. Fair play to Weir like - heard an interview with him this morning and he just said "It was a tough game and things like that happen. I don't think he was trying to hurt me".

Proper player. Get him signed. :lol:

Agree about not making a big deal of that decision though - it's frustrating at the time, but there was plenty time left to go in the game and we just fell to pieces in the second half.

PS. Sammy the ginger aussie....

So? :lol:

Agree about not making a big deal of that decision though - it's frustrating at the time, but there was plenty time left to go in the game and we just fell to pieces in the second half.

PS.  Sammy the ginger aussie....

So? :lol:

61845[/snapback]

What do you mean so? You said it all in the comment in bold.

I'm just bored with the constant "but if we had got the penalty" or whatever alternative argument people like to throw out there to support our hard luck.

Truth is Gemmill even if the player hadn't been on the post, chances are Martyn would of saved it. Mind you if I wasn't ginger or you weren't ginger or if Souness wasn't manager or fat Freddy wasn't fat or if pud was crouch like or or or Newcastle may have still lost.

Edited by sammynb