Accrington Stanley 2-3 Newcastle United

Kevin

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cracking, its ace going on accy matches, the songs they have are just mental, as a unit they seem to make stuff up on the spur of the moment but still everyone sings the same stuff, its really good fun going on there

Simon Bird reckons he covered their FA Cup tie with Fulham last season. Fulham refused to use the changing rooms as they were too small, the press box was the front row of seats next to touchline, there's a massive dip in the pitch and a pizza takeaway bike comes with post match food for players!

:lol:

definitely going on this, rare that I get such a handy newcastle fixture, was hoping burnley would stay up last season then I could at least get on one or two games this year but noooooooooooooooooo

Simon Bird reckons he covered their FA Cup tie with Fulham last season. Fulham refused to use the changing rooms as they were too small, the press box was the front row of seats next to touchline, there's a massive dip in the pitch and a pizza takeaway bike comes with post match food for players!

:angry:

All true (except the dip in the pitch, we've had that levelled out in close season)- but I guarantee any Newcastle fans who make the trip will enjoy going back to basics' at our ground, there'll be a fantastic atmosphere, whether we win, lose or draw the game. It's also true the Fulham players refused to use our changing facilities & hope that doesn't happen with your lot (although Sol Campbell may have a little trouble fitting in our tiny away dressing room :angry: ) - just think of it as a new experience & don't expect too much in the way of facilities - that way you won't be disappointed

grounds a dump but they got to be the most friendliest fans I have ever come across at any ground.

Nice Pub right behind the ground as well.

Hi everybody at the 'Toon !!...Just a word from the Dark Satanic mills of Accrington !!..

Firstlt 'chester mag'...our ground although small ( 5,500 ) has been upgraded, and we have a brand new pitch (Which cost all of £75K !!)....not quite Wembley, but then that's a bit of a tip anyway !!.

One thing is for sure, that ALL Newcastle Fans attending next Wednesday Evening will be given the warmest of welcomes to The Crown Ground, and whatever the result it will be an occasion not to be missed !!.

Shame about tonight's outing to Old trafford..like The Stanley there appears to be a few 'Deadlegs' masqurading as footballers in your team as well !!..

thanks for allowing me onto your forum...will return if there's anything to say !!..

IN A WHISPER !!...Howay the Lads !

Edited by Craig

All true (except the dip in the pitch, we've had that levelled out in close season)- but I guarantee any Newcastle fans who make the trip will enjoy going back to basics' at our ground, there'll be a fantastic atmosphere, whether we win, lose or draw the game. It's also true the Fulham players refused to use our changing facilities & hope that doesn't happen with your lot (although Sol Campbell may have a little trouble fitting in our tiny away dressing room :) ) - just think of it as a new experience & don't expect too much in the way of facilities - that way you won't be disappointed

Looking at some of our lot, they'll love the pizza delivery. I think it'll be a canny game but I imagine the likes of Vuckic and Tavernier will get run-outs.

All true (except the dip in the pitch, we've had that levelled out in close season)- but I guarantee any Newcastle fans who make the trip will enjoy going back to basics' at our ground, there'll be a fantastic atmosphere, whether we win, lose or draw the game. It's also true the Fulham players refused to use our changing facilities & hope that doesn't happen with your lot (although Sol Campbell may have a little trouble fitting in our tiny away dressing room :) ) - just think of it as a new experience & don't expect too much in the way of facilities - that way you won't be disappointed

Looking at some of our lot, they'll love the pizza delivery. I think it'll be a canny game but I imagine the likes of Vuckic and Tavernier will get run-outs.

But 'your lot' are real Soccer supporters...not like that bunch of ill-mannered players that Roy Hodgson brought to the Crown...or their Fans!...incidentally, are you suggesting that United will weaken their team for the visit to stanley ??.... UNWISE !!...unless you give Alan Shearer a run-ouy that is !...now that would please the Fans !!.

We do need to take this game seriously, not because I think we will win the cup but to go out in these circumstances to a 2nd Division team would resign Hereford to history and give the makems something to shout about for another 30 years. In all seriousness a loss to this level of opposition at this stage in the season would seriously dent morale.

Saying that we could be responsible for the biggest surge in Accrington Stanley shirt sales in history.

Seaham would be awash with a sea of red.....

But at the same time I would like us to give some of the fringe players a run and preserve. In particular give Vuckic a chance in the midfield but play him alongside Barton or Nolan to have a balance of experience. Shola can start up front. Our next game after this one is 28th of Augustand is a bloody important one away at Wolves. On one hand we don't want to pickup any injuries in the leadup to that, but on the other it would be good to play some of our more senior players into some form.