Accrington Stanley 2-3 Newcastle United

Kevin

We do need to take this game seriously, not because I think we will win the cup but to go out in these circumstances to a 2nd Division team would resign Hereford to history and give the makems something to shout about for another 30 years. In all seriousness a loss to this level of opposition at this stage in the season would seriously dent morale.

Saying that we could be responsible for the biggest surge in Accrington Stanley shirt sales in history.

Seaham would be awash with a sea of red.....

It's already started PP !!... Tickets almost ALL gone !... Shirt Sales up (as you predict!)... A new Scarf mixing Stanley and Toon colours and Logos in the offing.... Commemorative Mugs,,,( which is what the losers of this game will be !)...

and a surge of 'feelgood' about the Club and Town, which is sorely needed with our recent and current problems in mind !!...

Ans all thanks to 'The Toon' !! ... as for myself ??.....Can't wait for it all to happen !.

(But there's a little matter of Macclesfield Town on Saturday to consider yet !!)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really need to remove those additional fonts from here.

Never noticed anyone usethem?

And rightly so.

And anyone that used comic sans over the age of 7 should be shot to shit anyway

Before all the internets and MS word and so on I had a mate at school whose Dad was a graphic designer and he had this big book of fonts / typefaces or whatever that I used to love looking at. My fav was a one called (iirc) 'Smoke'.

I really need to remove those additional fonts from here.

But Craig, that would surely dull my creative urges no end !....you should see me when I get going with my Images !!...WOW !!.

But if it makes Yourself, JawD,,and the rest of the Toontasticophiles happy, then so be it !!

The thrill has gone !!...but my Signature remains !!

I do hope we take this game seriously, We should win this yet you never really know these days.

Most of the Fans I have spoken with expect this to be the case !!... a right load of Lanky Pessimists in this part of the world !!.

All that I hope for is a great night for the supporters of both teams...a few quid in the coffers for The Reds...and that Mrs Y remembers to record it from Sky for posterity !!.

Im going down. Looking forward to going to a new ground. Be tricky game knowing what the toon are like in the cup normally.

Anyone else going to the game?

I am with a few mates, go on accy a few times every season

Im going down. Looking forward to going to a new ground. Be tricky game knowing what the toon are like in the cup normally.

Anyone else going to the game?

I am with a few mates, go on accy a few times every season

Nice one mate. Looking forward to it.

definitely going on this, rare that I get such a handy newcastle fixture, was hoping burnley would stay up last season then I could at least get on one or two games this year but noooooooooooooooooo

Liverpool, Everton, Ciy, United, Blackburn, Blackpool - all within a 20-minute drive of Burnley. Stop moaning :)

Should be a cracking away, this one.

Ticket office said they have about 300 left as of noon today. Bring your umbrellas, lads.

But at the same time I would like us to give some of the fringe players a run and preserve. In particular give Vuckic a chance in the midfield but play him alongside Barton or Nolan to have a balance of experience. Shola can start up front. Our next game after this one is 28th of Augustand is a bloody important one away at Wolves. On one hand we don't want to pickup any injuries in the leadup to that, but on the other it would be good to play some of our more senior players into some form.

I look at it two ways:

A win and a cup run is nice for morale, whereas it's a drain on a small squad.

I think, if it came down to it, we'd all sacrifice a defeat if it meant Premier League survival.

If I were the boss, my team selection would depend heavily on the Villa result:

If we win, then play the first team to keep the momentum ahead of Wolves.

If we lose or draw, give the lads a break and play younger lads.

definitely going on this, rare that I get such a handy newcastle fixture, was hoping burnley would stay up last season then I could at least get on one or two games this year but noooooooooooooooooo

Liverpool, Everton, Ciy, United, Blackburn, Blackpool - all within a 20-minute drive of Burnley. Stop moaning :)

Ticket office said they have about 300 left as of noon today. Bring your umbrellas, lads.

I cant drive

liverpool and united tickets? riiiight I'll get those

as for the rest, ive been on blackburn a few times and city in our last PL season since I was living in manchester

Scoreboard give us a song.

We are the Geordies, the cock of the north

We all hate s'land and boro of course

We all drink whiskey and Newcastle Brown

the Geordies boys are in town

la, la , la la, la, la

:)

Scoreboard give us a song.

We are the Geordies, the cock of the north

We all hate s'land and boro of course

We all drink whiskey and Newcastle Brown

the Geordies boys are in town

la, la , la la, la, la

:cuppa:

ACCRINGTON STANLEY 3 MACCLESFIELD TOWN 0 !!!!

Liverpool, Everton, Ciy, United, Blackburn, Blackpool - all within a 20-minute drive of Burnley. Stop moaning ;)

I cant drive

liverpool and united tickets? riiiight I'll get those

as for the rest, ive been on blackburn a few times and city in our last PL season since I was living in manchester

Bus drivers can though!

:cuppa:

Hughton going for youth.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100824/fr...2240137_2133168

Chris Hughton plans to give some of his fringe players some action at Accrington on Wednesday - but he insists that the Carling Cup is a tournament that Newcastle are taking seriously this season.

The Magpies manager will make changes from the side which thrashed Aston Villa 6-0 on Sunday, but Hughton will still be setting out a side he believes can win against the League Two side.

"For us, it's important but it's also an opportunity for us to play a lot of the young lads, Hughton told nufcTV, who is likely to call upon the likes of Haris Vuckic, James Tavernier and Ryan Donaldson alongside some senior players as Barclays Premier League survival remains the priority.

"We will send a completely different team down to Accrington. We felt it would be the right thing to do with where we are, and it's also part of the development of some of the young players we've got.

Edited by NiallTTC