Accrington Stanley 2-3 Newcastle United

Kevin

Let's hope he plays some first teamers.

He won't play too many. We've already taken our customary position at the top of the PL injury table on Physioroom.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets hope the games on first and foremost, its been leathering it down here today, another day like that and accys pitch will be a swimming pool

I understand the logic in rotating for this one and that the gap between the sides should allow us to do it but...............

.............I will hate it if we blow this by trying to take the piss and put out a team entirely made up of kids. Teams can be over cautious in "avoiding injuries" If your name is on an injury crisis you'll get one - players can get fettled in training.

I'd love to see us make a go of a cup run. And there is plenty of scope in changing Sunday's team without making it a kindergarden. - Involve (from the off) Krul, Lovenkrands, Shola, Xisco, Raylor, Kadar , Guthrie (if fit) and surely Campbell can play here?

Never bought into this "disregard the cups and concentrate on survival mentality" - it reeks of fear and small time thinking. A cup win is unlikely I realise (very unlikely if your name is NUFC) but in the last decade Boro and Portsmouth have shown its not impossible to break the stranglehold of the "big" (whatever number they are now). Winning the Carling cup would be Sunday's feelgood factor times 10 - madness not to give it a go.

Hughton sounds like he's going to play exactly the sort of team i would. We've had two years where we had to give complete priority to the league and not the cups, first when going for promotion it would have been stupid to put that at risk and once more when we're re-establishing ourselves in the PL with a very thin squad who can't afford any injuries in certain positions.

Also we are going to have to rely on our fringe and youth players at some point due to inujury and suspension and i'd rather they'd had a competitive game or two under their belt. Its What Fergie and Wenger do, they have better fringe players and better first team players but the principal is the same.

After this season though, if we're in the prem they have to go for it in the cups as it won't be acceptable to just concentrate on the league then.

I want to see Krul play obviously, which he will, rest Enrique and at least one of the two CB's minimum. Rest Routledge, Barton and Nolan, plus Carrol. Give a game to Lovenkrtands, Vukic, Guthrie if fit, Campbell if fit, Shola or Ranger, Raylor and some of the kids.

I agree with PapaLCarroll, Enrique and our wingers should be wrapped in cotton wool. You could make a case for the defenders too.

Xisco, Krul, Raylor, Shola, Vuckic and the others all need game time.

.com reckon that :

NUFC: Chris Hughton has confirmed that he'll be relying heavily on Peter Beardsley's reserve side for this game:

"I'll make a lot of changes and it'll be a young team that goes to Accrington. It'll be a nice opportunity for them. I'm talking about the likes of Haris Vuckic, Ryan Donaldson and Kazenga LuaLua.

"It'll be a very changed team and I don't mind that going out. It's quite important that the fans know that. It's a great opportunity for the young players here that we have hopes for – it's very much the development squad."

The last public outing of the "development squad" came against Luton Town earlier this month, when the following lineup came a cropper, losing 1-4 to the Conference side:

Alnwick, Newton, Dummett, Tozer (Grieve), J.Henderson

Edmundsson (McLaughlin), Donaldson, Inman, Ranger (Sammy Ameobi), Vuckic, LuaLua (McDermott), Grieve for Tozer (46).

Tim Krul, Shane Ferguson and James Tavernier should be added to that squad, while Danny Guthrie and Peter Lovenkrands may also feature.

lets hope the games on first and foremost, its been leathering it down here today, another day like that and accys pitch will be a swimming pool

Saw the Pitch today !....It's OK !...Better forecast for next 24 Hours !!...Will you be there ??.

Saw the Pitch today !....It's OK !...Better forecast for next 24 Hours !!...Will you be there ??.

I will indeed, forecast is worse for the next day though, heavy rain forecast

if it was looking alright after that downpour today though then Ill keep the faith

today was supposedly "light showers" with heavy showers forecast for tomorrow

thats bad :)

The new Drainage system is working overtime !!...it's a fine night here !....Manchester Weather Centre says less Rain !

Bring it on !!

The new Drainage system is working overtime !!...it's a fine night here !....Manchester Weather Centre says less Rain !

Bring it on !!

haslingden says more however

Im only in burnley you know, we share most weather I think its fair to say

Bring it on !!

Burnley ??...I Thought that foul and abusive language wouldn't be allowed on this Forum !!

Bring it on !!

Burnley ??...I Thought that foul and abusive language wouldn't be allowed on this Forum !!

Im probably not one of stevies favourite people but I do alright

“I’m talking about the likes of Haris Vuckic, Ryan Donaldson and Kazenga LuaLua.

“It will be a very changed team.”

Tim Krul will start between the posts for the televised Carling Cup tie and could well be one of the most senior figures on show.

Slovenian ace Vuckic is also in line to start, while two of the players who crave a loan move this season in Donaldson and LuaLua also get their chance against the basement division minnows.

Hughton is also expected to travel to the sleepy Lancashire outpost with young defender James Tavernier, who has been involved heavily in pre-season and been on the bench in the Premier League so far.

Northern Ireland international winger Shane Ferguson and Hungarian defender Tamas Kadar, who must first prove his fitness after a groin injury, are also tipped to be involved.

Hughton will add a sprinkling of experience to his line-up, but knee victim Danny Guthrie is facing a race against time to be fit for the trip to take on Stanley.

Spanish striker Xisco has also made it clear he is keen for a start.

Hughton said: “Guthrie has been injured and is only a possibility.

“As I say it will be a changed side and it’s quite important the fans know that.”

sounds alright though, ive been curious to see a lot of these young lads given matches so I'll be very happy to see them in he flesh, stanley wont be respectful and give them all the time they want so they'll have to work hard for a result

I really hope he does put some old heads in there. I would like to see Barton stay in to keep his run of games going and get into some decent form.

Got an interview this afternoon and watching this game is making me more nervous than the fucking interview!

Xisco is out apparently. Kind of disappointing as I was looking forward to seeing hi

over 90. This match is on TV live over here.

Xisco is out apparently. Kind of disappointing as I was looking forward to seeing hi

over 90. This match is on TV live over here.

I won't say i was looking forward to seeing him, but since we're stuck with him then they may as well see what he can do (if anything). Hughton has rightly deceided to try and use him as a winger recently as he knows the guy is never getting a game up front so if he's stuck with him he may as well try and see what he can do out there, and his assist for Carroll's third was a nicely weighted pass.

I think tonight will be a good game. Hughton has said he will play "fringe" players which too me isn't so much the youth team lol but the guys on the verge on 1st team football. Tavenier and vuckic maybe.

I always get up for these games on to be dissapointed with the lack of effort & motivation from the guys on the pitch. Hopefully that wont be the case this evening.

Not from 'The Reds' anyway....110% Guaranteed !!