Bellamy on way out at Man City

Kitman

From the Currant Bun

CRAIG BELLAMY had a furious row with Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini back in February - and says he has not spoken a word to the manager since. Not only that, the Welsh striker claims he is not the only player at Eastlands to be cold shouldered by the Italian.

Bellamy, 31, has been nursing a knee injury and has hardly featured in pre-season while players such as Brazilian flop Jo have been playing regularly.

The £10million signing from West Ham said: "I haven't spoken to the manager since February.

"There are a number of players, like Carlos Tevez and me, who he doesn't speak to and keeps us away.

"I'm not sure if it's personal. Maybe it's the way he deals with things and it's his manner.

"But I've got a fair indication of what they all think, though, as I've had 80 minutes in pre-season.

"I've even seen players not part of the club over the last three years get more minutes than me."

During City's recent tour of the USA, Bellamy indicated he wanted to stay with City and fight for his place.

With his age and a series of knee problems against him, he felt remaining at Eastlands was his best chance of winning silverware.

But Bellamy is now eyeing the exit door and claims he is not short of offers - with Spurs and Wolfsburg showing an interest.

A reunion with Mark Hughes at Fulham or a move to hometown club Cardiff also appeal, although it is doubtful either could get near his current £90,000-a-week wages.

Bellamy added: "There's been two clubs in the top seven who have tried to get me.

"Man City obviously want me to go, but not to one of their rivals.

"I've turned down Wolfsburg - they are the only club they tried to push me into.

"City wanted Edin Dzeko so they were pushing for a deal and wanted me to go the other way. But I've had my most offers ever and felt more wanted elsewhere.

"It's obvious Spurs have tried for me but Man City have declined."

Mancini will name his 25-man Premier League squad at the end of this month and Bellamy fears the worst, even though he claims he would like to stay.

The Welshman said: "If I'm not on the list, which is unlikely, then the only games I will get are with the reserves.

"I'm so committed to where I am and with the new players coming in I'm driving to stay here.

"But that's unlikely to happen. I've just come back after my best year in football.

"I got double figures in goals and double figures in assists and that's all as a midfielder. Enough said."

Bellamy hopes his former Wales, Blackburn and City boss Sparky might be able to raise the funds to take him to Craven Cottage.

He added: "If you look at my form with Mark Hughes I don't just become a good player, I become one of the top players in the Premier League. He gets the best out of me.

"Cardiff is another possibility. I've always wanted to play for them and my wife and kids live there."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...l#ixzz0wL115700

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd have him back like a shot. If he's considering going to Fulham or Cardiff, for heaven's sake we should be talking to him.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely, streets ahead of anyone else at the club at the moment frankly

however, "10mil signing from west ham" ?

also labeling Jo a flop is a bit harsh, they signed him as a youngster and then loaned him out to everton who loved him 5 goals in 12 league games isnt a bad return in that spell

shit article

On loan if he isn't named in the Man City 25 man squad?

The wages are completely ridiculous though. Half of it if he's lucky, so would be up to City to fill the void.

He should never have been sent packing from here in the first place. Both Shearer and Souness should have been on the stage coach out of town before Bellamy.

I'd have him back no problem and he'd still be the best player at the club now - just like he was the day he was forced out.

He should never have been sent packing from here in the first place. Both Shearer and Souness should have been on the stage coach out of town before Bellamy.

I'd have him back no problem and he'd still be the best player at the club now - just like he was the day he was forced out.

I hardly know what to say, when you consider these message boards [predominantly Newcastle Online although there are some on here] who insisted we were better off without the "cancer" at the club, and booed at a team and the owners of the team that finished 5th top of the premiership and would now cheer if we finished 5th bottom of the same league.

Embarrassing ? The only thing that is embarrassing is the myth that NUFC fans are [generally] knowledgeable about football.

Alan Shearer wants his arse kicking if he [allegedly] could not see the value of his striking partner, his chance of captaining his home town club to a trophy disappeared the day Bellamy was booted out of the door. It says everything about his managerial potential.

Was a very good player for us, a right little twat, didn't mince his words, probably not too popular, wasn't a shirker and fell for Souness's banana skin as he wasn't that bright, he's better than anything we've got up front at the minute even after all the years he's been away and we could do worse than get him. However, it'll never happen in a million years as I doubt we'd even consider paying his wages for a season long loan let alone actually buying him outright, also too much water under the bridge with the stick he took from us for slagging Shearer. What if we'd had a manager that could've actually managed a right little twat like him instead of the stupendously awful Souness.

Was a very good player for us, a right little twat, didn't mince his words, probably not too popular, wasn't a shirker and fell for Souness's banana skin as he wasn't that bright, he's better than anything we've got up front at the minute even after all the years he's been away and we could do worse than get him. However, it'll never happen in a million years as I doubt we'd even consider paying his wages for a season long loan let alone actually buying him outright, also too much water under the bridge with the stick he took from us for slagging Shearer . What if we'd had a manager that could've actually managed a right little twat like him instead of the stupendously awful Souness.

completely irrelevant to the NUFC fans with half a brain.

Was a very good player for us, a right little twat, didn't mince his words, probably not too popular, wasn't a shirker and fell for Souness's banana skin as he wasn't that bright, he's better than anything we've got up front at the minute even after all the years he's been away and we could do worse than get him. However, it'll never happen in a million years as I doubt we'd even consider paying his wages for a season long loan let alone actually buying him outright, also too much water under the bridge with the stick he took from us for slagging Shearer . What if we'd had a manager that could've actually managed a right little twat like him instead of the stupendously awful Souness.

Unfortunately it would be made to be all too relevant.

I'd be in for him like a shot.

there IS a fair few thousand of them without half a brain, or without a brain at all.

there IS a fair few thousand of them without half a brain, or without a brain at all.

The bottom line is pro-Bellamy or anti-Bellamy, we wouldn't go for him. We are back to square one as far as I'm concerned, we were a selling and deeply unambitious club when I first got into football in the eighties and it's come full circle.

The bottom line is pro-Bellamy or anti-Bellamy, we wouldn't go for him. We are back to square one as far as I'm concerned, we were a selling and deeply unambitious club when I first got into football in the eighties and it's come full circle.

exactly

exactly

I like to be positive when it comes to NUFC but I find it hard to be positive with this shower of shite running the club. How grating is it that the likes of fucking Stoke have more muscle in the transfer market than we do, (and thats not condoning the fact that they've wasted millions on that big pudding, Kenwyne Jones), the fact is, they can try to improve, we won't.

I massively doubt we'll go for him but we should imo. He'd vastly improve us upfront and we might stand a chance of staying up if he completed the majority of games for us.

I can understand why he divides opinion as he seems a bit of a troublemaker and has a bit of history. Plus he's 31 and has a bit of trouble with injury but he's still a quality player.

However Hughton should be able to handle arsey/arrogant players, especially if they're British. And the club should be able to handle injury and absence to a reasonable degree. The only reason not to go for him should be footballing reasons and I can't see any beyond the 'team spirit' argument.

I doubt it would cost silly money, but there you go.....obviously it's better to pay Xisco and Best to warm the bench all season and watch us struggle to score goals.

Bottom line, we need a forward and he'd come. I dare say with him upfront we'd have a shot at Europe never mind a relegation battle.

Yup. Bellamy and Carroll would probably be a handful for anybody.

* sigh *

Bottom line, we need a forward and he'd come. I dare say with him upfront we'd have a shot at Europe never mind a relegation battle.

I'm not sure he would, but I've said from day one that I'd have him back without thinking twice - actually, without even thinking once, it's that much of a no-brainer.

In a heartbeat, should never have gone in the first place.

But, he doesn' fit the strategy, do we wouldn't go for him, and even if we did, we wouldn't shell out his wages and even if we did, his attitude is the kind of ego Newcastle United have sought to get rid of.

sucks, because, as has been mentioned, Him and Carroll would be a handful for the best defences in the league.

He's a good player no doubt, but the level of Bellamy love in here is a little over the top. He's never been a great finisher. Miles better than anything we have at the moment, but there's more to it than just his character that have prevented him from really settling anywhere. If he really was that good, he'd still be at Liverpool IMO.

All said and done though like I said earlier if we could get him on a 1 year loan it would be good, though I don't think Man City will loan him out if his full wages aren't being paid, and there's no way we would be paying anywhere near 90K (which is probably a bullshit figure anyway).

Assume it was 80K, that's a little over 4 million pounds for the year. Worth the price of sureing up our survival hopes? You betcha.

You seem to be confusing good player with good finisher.

Keep in mind, he and Robert were the players that got us into the Champions League. Liverpool should have kept him, as should we and to be honest, so should City.

Much better than many people think,. but not as good as he thinks

But, he doesn' fit the strategy, do we wouldn't go for him, and even if we did, we wouldn't shell out his wages and even if we did, his attitude is the kind of ego Newcastle United have sought to get rid of.

sucks, because, as has been mentioned, Him and Carroll would be a handful for the best defences in the league.

This tbh.

This tbh.

agree....i saw him interviewed and he sort of had a ho hum attitude like he didn't think he'd be back at city. he mentioned that he was an older player with injury history and thought his career horizon was close.

maybe a little pep talk by management coould convince him of low wages with the nostalgia card............ :lol:

Keep in mind, he and Robert were the players that got us into the Champions League. Liverpool should have kept him, as should we and to be honest, so should City.

Much better than many people think,. but not as good as he thinks

Yes I agree, it's his overall value not just his finishing. In particular his pace worries defences and he can play on the break. He can also get a decent shot away as it happens.

Not confusing anything, I said he was a good player but not a great finisher. His timing as the last man is very good, so much so that he often gets called offside when he isn't, an unfortunate by-product of being quick with good timing.