Bellamy on way out at Man City

Kitman

explain then

Over to you - I'm suggesting that what you've said has gone completely over my head. I don't see the connection between what I've said and what you've said.

A suggestion was made that Bellamy might not be interested in returning given what happened before. I've pointed out that the people he had issue with are no longer associated with the club.

You're on about Liverpool 'winning' things... :angry:

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be criminal if he goes to Cardiff, and we haven't even tried to get him. On the other hand he may already have told the club to get stuffed, which would be fair enough considering his acrimonious departure first time around.

Who's still here from then though? Steven Taylor, Harper and Ameobi? The management and boardroom is completely different and there's no Shearer in any capacity either.

Take your point but he might still be bitter about the club, notwithstanding that the protagonists have long gone. I get the impression he's not the sharpest tool in the box.

It'd be criminal if he goes to Cardiff, and we haven't even tried to get him. On the other hand he may already have told the club to get stuffed, which would be fair enough considering his acrimonious departure first time around.

Who's still here from then though? Steven Taylor, Harper and Ameobi? The management and boardroom is completely different and there's no Shearer in any capacity either.

Take your point but he might still be bitter about the club, notwithstanding that the protagonists have long gone. I get the impression he's not the sharpest tool in the box.

On the flip side I think he's one of the more intelligent players, you can't be both totally thick and that opinionated surely. LeazesMag is the exception, not the rule.

On the flip side I think he's one of the more intelligent players, you can't be both totally thick and that opinionated surely. LeazesMag is the exception, not the rule.

He might well be intelligent on the field but his mouth moves continually on and off it (he reminds of a howler monkey tbh). I'm guessing that the lack of coordination between his mouth and brain is what's got him into bother throughout his career.

haha.

Scraping the barrel now thompers......

Top players wanted to come here and play in europe.

Now they don't.

Take a good look at yourself lad. :angry:

He might well be intelligent on the field but his mouth moves continually on and off it (he reminds of a howler monkey tbh). I'm guessing that the lack of coordination between his mouth and brain is what's got him into bother throughout his career.

I don't think he speaks without thinking though, I just think he's got a refreshingly honest attitude. I like him personally, absolutely cracks me up.

If he does go to Cardiff I wonder what percentage of his wage they'd be paying, surely only something pissy.

Man City's wage bill must be ridiculously huge - I'd love to see the actual figures. The amounts they're supposed to be paying for Yaya Toure and the like are absurd. Even with Cardiff's contribution Man City will probably be paying Bellamy a solid 60k a week - can you imagine paying 60k a week for one of your players to play elsewhere?

You can appreciate what City are trying to do, but it really seems like they've done a pretty poor job of it considering the money they've spent and the wages they're paying. Oh to be able to piss that much money up the wall...

haha.

Now they don't.

Which top players wanted to come here, Leazes?

haha.

Now they don't.

Ben Arfa? :angry:

haha.

Now they don't.

oh dear

:angry:

explain then

Over to you - I'm suggesting that what you've said has gone completely over my head. I don't see the connection between what I've said and what you've said.

A suggestion was made that Bellamy might not be interested in returning given what happened before. I've pointed out that the people he had issue with are no longer associated with the club.

You're on about Liverpool 'winning' things... :angry:

the liverpool thing was just an example, ie the personnel tend not to matter, the fans/team/media still bask in liverpool winning all that they did because it was "liverpool football club" that did it

just like it was "newcastle football club" rather than the people therein that led to bellamy leaving, wouldnt be surprised if he saw it that way and didnt want to come back here whether all the players/staff/board are different or not, we're still newcastle

haha.

Now they don't.

Take a good look at yourself lad. :icon_lol:

oh dear

:)

Top answer :angry: Been on the pop like Son? :angry:

haha.

Now they don't.

Take a good look at yourself lad. :)

oh dear

:woosh:

Clearly the years of challenging for the title, breaking the world transfer record and signing players of the quality to play in the Champions League are news to you lad.

Been on the drugs have we :icon_lol:

haha.

Now they don't.

Take a good look at yourself lad. :)

oh dear

:woosh:

Clearly the years of challenging for the title, breaking the world transfer record and signing players of the quality to play in the Champions League are news to you lad.

Been on the drugs have we :icon_lol:

No they aren't but that's not relevant to your point at all, I do seem to remember those years coming from signing up and coming players ala Bellers, Dyer, Jenas etc.

Were the top players that came here, ala Kluivert, Owen etc not over-the-hill players just coming for the payday?

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

haha.

Now they don't.

oh dear

Seems like a reasonable question deserving of a logical answer rather than this which is quite frankly arrogant.

I don't think 'top players' have wanted to come here for donkey's years in truth - definitely back to the mid 90s under Keegan. And even then it was more a case of the better players already in this country rather than us picking off the cream of Europe. Since Keegan left in 1997, which players who've signed for us can be classed as 'top'?

Dyer - in truth was a promising kid we took a punt on.

Woodgate - being sold by a club in financial difficulty looking for a club to pay as much as possible.

Owen - came to us because he wanted to go to the WC in 2006 and Liverpool didn't want him.

When was the last time a player was deperate to sign for NUFC and who was it?

A player, or a good player?

Shola was desperate to re-sign for us.

Agent dickery stopped that, didn't it?

I thought it was just a case of Arsenal wanting them so he went there. Incidentally I saw Jeffers on a programme about up and coming players before he broke into the Everton side. Apart from the 'Everton 'til I die' shite I remember him being in a posh restaurant on the Albert Dock (or similar) and he looked like it was the first time he'd seen a knife and fork.

I thought it was just a case of Arsenal wanting them so he went there. Incidentally I saw Jeffers on a programme about up and coming players before he broke into the Everton side. Apart from the 'Everton 'til I die' shite I remember him being in a posh restaurant on the Albert Dock (or similar) and he looked like it was the first time he'd seen a knife and fork.

Mate of mine whos a season ticket holder at Sheff Weds said he was garbage at them.

I must have been thinking of Big Dunc :

haha.

Now they don't.

Take a good look at yourself lad. :icon_lol:

oh dear

:icon_lol:

Top answer :lol: Been on the pop like Son? :)

Been on the drugs have we :lol:

No they aren't but that's not relevant to your point at all, I do seem to remember those years coming from signing up and coming players ala Bellers, Dyer, Jenas etc.

Were the top players that came here, ala Kluivert, Owen etc not over-the-hill players just coming for the payday?

read the post again. I said "challenging for the title, breaking the world transfer record and signing players of the quality to play in the Champions League".

Did they or didn't they ?

haha.

Now they don't.

Take a good look at yourself lad. :lol:

oh dear

:)

Seems like a reasonable question deserving of a logical answer rather than this which is quite frankly arrogant.

I don't think 'top players' have wanted to come here for donkey's years in truth - definitely back to the mid 90s under Keegan. And even then it was more a case of the better players already in this country rather than us picking off the cream of Europe. Since Keegan left in 1997, which players who've signed for us can be classed as 'top'?

Dyer - in truth was a promising kid we took a punt on.

Woodgate - being sold by a club in financial difficulty looking for a club to pay as much as possible.

Owen - came to us because he wanted to go to the WC in 2006 and Liverpool didn't want him.

I think it's a ridiculous question, given that we qualified for europe more than any club bar 4 during that period, including the Champions League twice and were pretty much accepted as one of the "big" clubs that were automatically expected to play in europe and compete for the best quality players.

Unless of course, you think the current regime - and the one before 1992 - matched the period in question between 1992 and 2007 ?

Question for you is when do you think such ambition will be shown again, considering you appear to take it for granted ? I won't bother asking thompers because I know he will spout his usual personality driven bollocks, which is all his argument is about tbh.

Edited by LeazesMag