Bellamy on way out at Man City

Kitman

He might be a nice bloke, but I perceive him to be a third rate manager in charge of a mediocre team. Unfortunately for us.

A bit harsh considering what he achieved last season, with a team I think most of us thought would really struggle. I think if he had been a third rate manager like you suggest we would have finished 5th or 6th or perhaps even worse.

I'm really not sure Mourinho or Wenger could get more out of this squad of players. You can only piss with the cock you've got. Unfortunately, the players just aren't good enough.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I know it's a shite source but all the same..

Be fucking typical of us to buy back a player towards the end of his career for more than we sold him for 6 years ago.

Newcastle United to Make Shock Move to Sign £7m Manchester City Striker

Newcastle United are reportedly considering a move to re-sign former striker Craig Bellamy this summer. Alan Pardew is open to the idea of bringing the Welsh international back to St James’ Park and will make a move for the 31 year old at the end of the season.

Currently on loan at Cardiff City Bellamy has had a terrific season with the Bluebirds and has helped them to remain in or around the promotion picture all season and Pardew is interested in purchasing the attacker in order to boost the Magpies attacking options.

Roberto Mancini is said to be more than willing to offload Bellamy who had a solid season at Eastlands last term but then found his starting options compromised by the signing of Mario Balotelli and the further addition of Edin Dzeko would appear to effectively end Bellamy’s Man City career.

Man City are said to be looking to secure a fee in the region of £7m for the much travelled striker who arrived at the City of Manchester stadium for a fee of £14m in January 2009. That is a fee that Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley may well be willing to pay because even though Bellamy is clearly at the latter stages of his career he still clearly has a lot to offer.

Currently Alan Pardew has to make do with the rather limited attacking abilities of a current strike force that includes the likes of Leon Best, Peter Lovenkrands, Shola Ameobi and Shefki Kuqi as well as up and coming youngster Nile Ranger.

Though his previous spell with Newcastle United ended somewhat acrimoniously, and resulted in abusive text messages being sent to Alan Shearer, Craig Bellamy had a very successful stint at Newcastle United netting 43 goals in 119 starts.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/04/01/ne...r-city-striker/

Even I would say, despite what I have said about Bellamy in the past [ie he was a great player and it was obvious to me when I saw him play for Coventry before we bought him] that time catches up with footballers. He would give us something we sorely need, in fact every club in the premiership has a striker who would play in our first 11, because collectively in my opinion we have the worst set of strikers in the premiership, but if we signed Craig Bellamy again I think it should be on a short term contract or a pay as you play basis.

So despite the club saying over and over again that they're only interested in paying transfer fees for young players who can improve and increase in re-sale value, we're linked with 31 year old Craig Bellamy for a fee of 7m. The same Bellamy who's often injured and can't have more than a couple of years left at the top. No fucking chance. And that's before you get into whether he'd be prepared to leave Cardiff and re-join a club he left in very bitter circumstances, or the fact he's a cock end.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat...not for 7 mil though! We bought him for 6mil how much did we sell him for?

At 31 he's worth at MOST 3.5mil

For that price id have him back...not a penny more.

Then again...if we are to play Barfa as a striker then two guys of similar style wont work...pace players....we need a big guy up there to hold up the ball.

get him in great player love him love that cunt,

your final word is correct

he is/was a disruptive little s***

why get him back when he's past it???

cos hes better than any of our current strikers.

can you see ashley getting in a better striker? still has 2-3 good years left in the tank

Even I would say, despite what I have said about Bellamy in the past [ie he was a great player and it was obvious to me when I saw him play for Coventry before we bought him] that time catches up with footballers. He would give us something we sorely need, in fact every club in the premiership has a striker who would play in our first 11, because collectively in my opinion we have the worst set of strikers in the premiership, but if we signed Craig Bellamy again I think it should be on a short term contract or a pay as you play basis.

This.

Also think his cernt tendencies could be kept in check by Nolan, Barton et al.

always thought Fernando Cavenaghi was underrated as well, been farmed out on loan twice now by Bordeaux, but not a bad player.

Aye was a FM legend too....fit in well with jonas and coloccini.

cos hes better than any of our current strikers.

can you see ashley getting in a better striker? still has 2-3 good years left in the tank

Not sure about the 2-3 years like, not with his injury problems over the years.

We could surely find a better option for £7m. We managed to get HBA and Tiote in for a couple million more. I know it's not that easy but there will be players around that could do a better job long term.

Anyway it's obviously not going to happen.

With all due respect CaughtOffside is probably the shitest of the shite sources.

Aye.

To be honest craig I'm dissapointed in you for even posting such a thing.

:lol:

Fucking hell lads I thought I'd made it pretty clear I wasn't posting it as a reliable link. I just thought it'd provoke discussion on a topic we have discussed at length in the past.

And it seems I was proven right!

Crouch and Bellamy would work well.

Dont overly rate crouch but at the right price and on a short term deal they both could do a job for us.

What about zamora?

That's one of the most depressing paragraphs i've read on here :icon_lol:, sign of the time though.

Crouch and Zamora are both awful, don't rate either, especially crouch, as big as he is unlike carroll he's crap with his head and he just looks "awkward" when he challenges in the air which leads to so many freekicks it's unreal, 90% of the time it's not a foul but because the challenge looks odd they get given.

As much as bellamy is a cunt he's some player for a couple of million and sensible wages we could do a lot worse.

Someone like Oscar Cardozo would be great for sensnible money and all to play alongside someone with pace and finishing ability.

Totally forgot about Cardozo, he's a good shout like, has a canny goalscoring record and is a big target man too, should be under £10 mill but do i see us forking out that money on one player, i doubt it :lol:

• 4 months later...
EPL Talk: “Lets talk about Newcastle United. What was was your greatest memory of playing there?”

Craig Bellamy: “My greatest memory there was Bobby Robson, playing for Bobby Robson, so you know that was it really. I was lucky he signed me and just to be involved with him, because he understood the club and you know he knew what the club was, he knew what the people were, which I think was key to going into a new club. You have to understand who you represent and who you are trying to play for, and he made it clear to us. we had a good team, we had a really good team, we were young, alot of athletes and we finished third, fourth and fifth. The year we finished fifth I could just sense it wasn’t, a few of the fans were expecting more they were expecting league titles. Newcastle united win league titles? I don’t think so! And I just thought they expected and things started to turn alittle bit and I just felt we didn’t start the season well particularly like we didn’t start any season well to be honest but we always came back with a late run you know, and just got there. We didn’t start one season too well and I can just remember, alot of fans were turning and booing and Skysports would be outside the ground and Newcastle fans would be moaning about this and that, and it just led to the manager getting sacked, which was just a complete shock and was embarrassing really when I look back on it now, how he can get the sack, but I also thought the crowd played a big part of in that as well, and for me I’ve had options to go back up there since and I wont! no chance! because I played for him and there is no one else to play for up there.”

EPL: “Yeah, there is no one else to play for once you’ve played for Sir Bobby maybe. Period.”

Craig Bellamy: “Well there is, but not at Newcastle!”

No neck dwarf cunt. There wasn't one protest outside the ground during his time at the club the fuckin arsehole rewriting history. "Newcastle winning titles" if we hadn't have bottled it two years running in 2002 and 2003 we could've fucking done it.